Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I based my comment exactly on the gamersyde analysis, on 1.03 average framerate was 20, now it's 23(22.98 at least) and it drops progressively instead of abruptely passing from 30 to 20.
Furthermore, during combat now it manage to stay at least around 25, before it was locked at twenty for the entire time.
It's not perfect, but it's an improvement...

im not sure which video you are watching. but i just re watched both 1.03 and 1.04 analysis and the difference is virtually non existent. the average on 1.04 is about 23 at best. and 1.03 is 22. the fps in 1.04 during combat stays at a locked 20 which can be seen by the graph. any differences in terms of how quickly it drops could be alot of things such as which section of the bog he is in. even as little as which direction he is facing could make a difference. severity of the storm at the time of thr video etc. no where in the new analysis does the video stay at 25 during combat. if you are looking at the average fps that is the wrong indicator as that is averaging the fps including the section before the bog which was running at 30. it is not a true representation of the realtime frame rate. the graph on the other hand is. and that stays locked at 20

Yeah if you were to go by the average frame rate it would need to be identical too, taking the exact same path and conditions, I don't think cdpr have tried optimising rain and swamp on ps4, I think they will next patch, we might have to hassle marcin a bit till it confirmed though lol

This problem makes me crazy

Me too.

I played the final mission today and it's unbearable. What could have been cool due to the setting and all these cool effects, is ruined by the framerate and the sloppy controlls due to constans 20fps. A shame, really.

Regarding patch 1.04, the removal of camera stutter is hugely welcome and appreciated, but frame rate problems remain largely unfixed. Today I played the Echoes Of the Past quest in Skellige, and as soon as the rain and wind started the FPS plummeted again. There are still choke points in the game where performance is really poor (wind/rain/particle effects). I might shelve the game until we get some definite updates on whether future patches will resolve these issues on PS4 because it makes certain sections very hard to enjoy.

Yeah i played witcher 3 all day today and yeah like i said yesterday

they have to fix ( the effect performance)

Like fire/fog/wind

And they must fix cutscenes its very importen since they start lagging and auto drops to like 20 fps ( i feel like im playing mass effect series on my ps3 xD)

it's really horrible for a so called next gen ( and it just shouldent happend anymore)

we already lived trough it with ps3.

Fix it CDPR!

Not sure where, but i remember a statement saying that the camera stutter was the main performance fix and the fps issue was coming later.

ive decided to shelve the game AGAIN even though the camera stutter fix improved the game massicly for me in the day time, im not happy that i can only enjoy this game during the day, but as soon as it rains/fire/wind or what ever it become unplayable, and any effect actualy, signs also bring fps crashing down.

i do sometimes wonder if cdpr ever played there own game on ps4 like at all ?

ive decided to shelve the game AGAIN even though the camera stutter fix improved the game massicly for me in the day time, im not happy that i can only enjoy this game during the day, but as soon as it rains/fire/wind or what ever it become unplayable, and any effect actualy, signs also bring fps crashing down.

i do sometimes wonder if cdpr ever played there own game on ps4 like at all ?

I honestly think they had higher prioritys with pc version and xbox ( since making games for xbox is like making games for pc) or close to it at least

so i think ps4 got pushed behind and ultimate forgotten ( no ps4 play tests or anything)

and thats why we got all the problems that we have now.

so they better fix it for good in the next patch im tired of waiting

combat at night time with fires is still god awful and almost unplayable

did the 1,04 patch do anything ? yes for sure but it isent enough,

Im tired of feeling like im playing on my ps3 when im really on a ps4.

I honestly think they had higher prioritys with pc version and xbox ( since making games for xbox is like making games for pc) or close to it at least

so i think ps4 got pushed behind and ultimate forgotten ( no ps4 play tests or anything)

and thats why we got all the problems that we have now.

so they better fix it for good in the next patch im tired of waiting

combat at night time with fires is still god awful and almost unplayable

did the 1,04 patch do anything ? yes for sure but it isent enough,

Im tired of feeling like im playing on my ps3 when im really on a ps4.

Wow, I just realized it is easier to port from PC to Xbox due to DirectX. Everything makes sense now. mind blown. While we PS4 owners are enjoying slideshow gameplay, gg

Makes me angry how lazy these devs are pretending to be innocent giving us Free DlCs which was probably in the game already lmao

Last edited:
i noticed a significant frame rate drop only once so far, fighting some elemental with fire spell capabilities.

Yes, frame drops are really annoying - it's not so bad when you are exploring, but when a monster with alpha effects (e.g. a wraith) appears out of nowhere it can get a free hit because of massive framerate drop. I'm still in Velen and drops happen all the time. It's perplexing, because it was the PS4 version that was sent to journalists for the first batch of reviews. Well, let's hope that the next patch helps - and it doesn't downgrade the game.

Last edited:
I'm still on 1.03. Would you guys advise me to download 1.04 or to wait for the next one? Hearing there's quite some new issues with 1.04.

Well, as far as I know 1.04 resolves some quest issues, including XP bug, so it helps. The thing is that it doesn't help a lot in framerate department...

For me this "stress testing" as NX Gamer calls it happens way too often. I've just finished a quest with three witches in Velen and dear God, performance wise that was horrendous. And one more thing - have you noticed any changes in shadows quality or do I need to check my eyesight? During cutscenes in the aforementiond quest shadows are similirar to those from... and I know this will sound weird... X360 version of The Witcher 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom