Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't even play this game anymore.. I'm only level 14 but it's unplayable.. Huge fps drops everywhere !
Patch 1 seemed to be better but maybe it's because i was running around in White orchid..
Takes out all the joy of playing, gameplay > graphics..

Marcin has responded on Twitter regarding PS4 framerate, saying patches are on their way, which isn't to helpful. I am sure they won't admit if they can't run this game on the PS4 at a steady 30 fps, but what are our hopes that the next patch will make a near constant 30 fps. Unlikely I fear and will have completed the game before they resolve this which is a shame.

Marcin has responded on Twitter regarding PS4 framerate, saying patches are on their way, which isn't to helpful. I am sure they won't admit if they can't run this game on the PS4 at a steady 30 fps, but what are our hopes that the next patch will make a near constant 30 fps. Unlikely I fear and will have completed the game before they resolve this which is a shame.
Sorry but if you'll complete the game before so it means framerate isn't a so unbearable obstacle to take you away from playing the game...

I don't find the framerate unbearable, I find it more annoying but not enough to make me stop playing the game fully. A bit like in AC Unity, I could still play it but I felt I was not getting the full experience that I wished for. Basically I don't have the time or luxury to wait months for them to completely resolve this and I fear they may never do so, with other games on the horizon and other games I have yet still to play I am determined to complete the game. I would prefer to do this with a constant 30 fps, but I fear for the PS4 this may not be achievable currently, unless they seriously downgrade alpha/weather effects. The quests bugs (especially main) are my first concern as this actually does stop you completing the game.

At the end of the day, I have paid for this game and I don't want to spend months on it waiting for it to run properly or finish it, but I hope for myself and all others out there this is resolved asap, as I'm about half the way through the game and would like to play some of it at a constant 30 fps, maybe wishful thinking although this should be the industry standard, some PS4 games are struggling to meet this, which is not a surprise with the PS4 specs and some developers not knowing how to fully utilize it yet.

You can't guarantee (and on past performance) 1.05 will completely fix the frame rate issue. So it's a choice to play it, shelve it (but it could be quite a few weeks before it's resolved) or trade it in really in my opinion based on the frame rate issue.

Last edited:
did anyone noticed that frame rate can go well above 30? like 40+, i was messing in the lighthouse in novigrad in a clear night, no clouds on sky, so when i looked up to sky frame rate was for sure 40+

thats normal hccore for games without vsync
i had the same with counterstrike on my 15 years old PC back then, it was like 20-30fps when i played normal, but when i looked into the sky it was very smooth like a 60fps feeling

did anyone noticed that frame rate can go well above 30? like 40+, i was messing in the lighthouse in novigrad in a clear night, no clouds on sky, so when i looked up to sky frame rate was for sure 40+

Pretty sure this was your imagination - it's been said many times this game is locked at 30 for the PS4 and proven in benchmarks. This just means it will not go above 30 - obviously it drops to 20 fairly often.

Pretty sure this was your imagination - it's been said many times this game is locked at 30 for the PS4 and proven in benchmarks. This just means it will not go above 30 - obviously it drops to 20 fairly often.
you can check for ur self, its after you bang triss, just look to the moon

1.04 was a big improvement from 1.03 which was a step back from 1.01. The game is in an acceptable place at the moment and I expect it to get better with time. I mean OMG DIS GAME IS UMPLAYABLE WTF DID I GIVE MY MONEY FOR DERRRRR

I play in my room on a Samsung TV, when I tried the Vizio TV in the living room the game really felt like 60 fps. It was odd. So I went around the TV settings and saw that the "Smooth Motion" option was set to medium. If I turned that off the frame rate would go back to normal.

My Samsung doesn't have that option which is a shame, but the game really ran like a 60 fps game, and I didn't notice any latency in the controls.

Check if your TV has an option like that and try it out, it is not good for some games but it was wonderful for the Witcher in my case, I was amazed.

I play in my room on a Samsung TV, when I tried the Vizio TV in the living room the game really felt like 60 fps. It was odd. So I went around the TV settings and saw that the "Smooth Motion" option was set to medium. If I turned that off the frame rate would go back to normal.

My Samsung doesn't have that option which is a shame, but the game really ran like a 60 fps game, and I didn't notice any latency in the controls.

Check if your TV has an option like that and try it out, it is not good for some games but it was wonderful for the Witcher in my case, I was amazed.

Oh that actually sounds really cool :)

The game already uses a framebuffer to preload a few frames ahead of time which gives it a bit of input lag though this doesn't affect 3rd person RPG controls too bad. An HDTV "Smooth Motion" functions pretty much exactly the same way by preloading frames and inserting an extra frame here or there to achieve 60fps. It will give noticeable input latency on top of the existing lag so I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be a good option for anyone. People set their HDTVs to "game mode" for a reason - to reduce input latency by turning off all the post-processing special effects most HDTVs have these days.

The game already uses a framebuffer to preload a few frames ahead of time which gives it a bit of input lag though this doesn't affect 3rd person RPG controls too bad. An HDTV "Smooth Motion" functions pretty much exactly the same way by preloading frames and inserting an extra frame here or there to achieve 60fps. It will give noticeable input latency on top of the existing lag so I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be a good option for anyone. People set their HDTVs to "game mode" for a reason - to reduce input latency by turning off all the post-processing special effects most HDTVs have these days.

I know all that and as I said, the game played fine, just with a much better frame rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom