Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know all that and as I said, the game played fine, just with a much better frame rate.

Yea but I didn't understand you, took another guy to say the same thing but.. better? for me to get what you just said. Aside from that, really nice work bringing this to light for all of us. I thought I was crazy when I set my Vizio to "gaming" and it looked better, honestly thought the gamma was further reduced, darkening the picture so it would appear better looking but I know its more than that. Right on! Haha!! (^ _ ^ )

-Z

Look at these 2 pictures enlarged:

V1.04

Look at the foliage in 1.04 and the shadows in 1.04. Look at the front wall texture as well.

Do we have an upgrade in this shot compared to 1.00?

Sure the left wall texture seems messed up (but that is a glitch or improper loading of the texture) but in every aspect the 1.04 picture looks upgraded in this case. Foliage is a clear upgrade. Even some tree shadows are missing on the upper right area of the picture in 1.00 while in 1.04 there are present.

My question is why is this comparison favoring 1.04 while others dont. I believe that the game is "tweaked", not downgraded. I belive textures are better with 1.04 and that in certain cases foliage is also better. Shadows are indeed debatable under circumstances but what I see in 1.04 looks most of the times better than 1.00 was.

Look at these 2 pictures enlarged:

V1.04

Look at the foliage in 1.04 and the shadows in 1.04. Look at the front wall texture as well.

Do we have an upgrade in this shot compared to 1.00?
Like you said before - different lightning (look at the sky). But can you show that (with screenshots) bushes (i hope it's right word - english is not my native language as you see :) ) still have a shadows and there is no downgrade in that?:

Last edited:
Like you said before - different lightning (look at the sky). But can you show that (with screenshots) bushes (i hope it's right word - english is not my native language as you see :) ) still have a shadows and there is no downgrade in that?:

No you dont get my point. I agree that in that picture you post here 1.00 looks to have better shadows. (although its not as bad as you show, I have pictures that dont show such difference and Wah_Gwaan's pictures show less difference than that)

But why is it the other way around in the pictures I posted? You dont see how much better foliage is in the Kaer Morhen pictures? The textures even? And just for the record it is the same time and day pretty much as well.

But like I said, and you repeat correctly, clouds can make a big difference in lighting.

So we have a case where 1.00 has better shadows in one spot (white orchard) from 1.04 and then we have another case (Kaer Morhen) were 1.04 has better textures, better shadows, and more foliage than 1.00 .

Why dont people admit the upgrade in that case?

My point is this: The game is tweaked with each patch like I said. That means under certain circumstances it could look better in 1.00 and in other circumstances it will look better in 1.04 . We have lots of proof for that. Even that White orchard picture, the textures are improved on the treeline in the distance in 1.04.

The game is tweaked. In some cases it looks worse than 1.00 in others it looks better. All that crap about AF droping to 0 and non existent AA and worse textures are just downgrade rage talks.

Last edited:

Second shot, take a look at the little tree on the left, the one near the path ascending to the barrack, on the first shot shadowing on it it's stronger and it seems to be more distant, on the second shot the grassy slope around it it's clear and so lightning hitting the tree is brighter, expecially in the frame with the bush shadows at their place.
Again, i think it's a matter of day time cycle and the way sun lighting, shadows, clouds and weather conditions influence their combinations. Never seen so much variety in colors and atmosphere in the same place due to these factors, i understand all but for a game like this a scree-by-screen comparison is a kind of blasfemy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvuMzbjahFY

Framerate drop ineligible.
This breaks the game experience.

Go into torséchine marshes, you'll see.
It could drop 10.

It is set on xbox and not on play4.
No response from the studio.

Shameful, really disappointed.
Unfinished game.

Framerate drop ineligible.
This breaks the game experience.

Go into torséchine marshes, you'll see.
It could drop 10.

It is set on xbox and not on play4.
No response from the studio.

Shameful, really disappointed.
Unfinished game.

Agreed that Framerate needs a ton of work. ZAt least they said they are looking into it... hopefully it wont take them months to refine it...

Guest 3349340

Well I would`nt get my hopes up for an all fixing patch. We are lacking some kind of recognition from the devs side. "we are looking into it?" This seems to be such a great game, but anybody experiencing these 20 (something) fps, is in their full right to be dissapointed. And i don`t care if it is because of poor optimizing, the consoles lack of power or whatever. This is in no way cool! I bought a "peasant" console so I would`nt (or should`nt) have to worry about fps and such. So I could just sit back and enjoy. I fully recognize that it would not be on ultra high pc settings, but around medium settings. And it is just sad, cause it is really a fantastic game :/ or seems like it. Sold my ps4 copy today, trying it on Xbox. Hope for a better experience (though Xbox also have fps issues.)
I bought a game (TW3 ps4) for 80 US Dollars, expecting (as many) that it would at least hold 30 fps, and were - again - let down. It is just sad that such things is ruining a otherwise spectacular game.

I do not understand that the problem was not detected at the stage of debugging and testing.

It is not the only problem.

There clearly is a problem during this development phase.
The game should not be sold in the state!

Shame really, unfinished game.
I do not touch the game, big disappointment.

I expects a takeover offer from a store to take another play.

This studio has lost my confidence.

Last edited:
1 post 4 lies

---------- Updated at 12:41 PM ----------

You should go be posting in xbox threads now :D

Why are you still posting your bullshit here?

You cried like a girl about how you we're never gonna post here anymore. Yet here you are posting the same bullshit over and over again.

FACT: There are severe fps issues on this game
FACT: The devs haven't made any major communications with their audience since the last one in may. Regarding ps4 frame rate

I'll make it simple for you, just because you have impaired eye sights, doesn't mean everyone else does. We get it you like 20 fps cinematic experience. This thread is not for that.

What exactly are you trying achieve here besides coming off as a childish crying little brat?

Guest 3349340

1 post 4 lies

---------- Updated at 12:41 PM ----------

You should go be posting in xbox threads now :D

So you are at it again, again with peoples imagination? Or something new? Writing that people who are experiencing issues.. are now lying? You must be somethng special.
And as I had the game on my ps4, and now am trying it on Xbox - my post is highly appropriate for this thread. I think you are in the wrong thread mate (since we are talking about who is or is not in the right thread.) This is still a thread about people getting issues on their consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI everybody! Don't waste your time. The fps problem is everywhere in open world games on PS4. Just have a look at FF 15 after patch 2.0(same fps drops). I think it is impossible to solve fps issues at all. I don't know what is the problem,hardware or software. Theoretically maybe its possible, but what it is clear, that for devs its like pain in .. to achieve stable 30 fps,and it is not necessary. Look at the selling results,the bigger piece of cake are the console sells especially for PS4(good or even best PR and marketing). For sony frame rate drops tot 20 fps it is not a problem at all(remember fps drops in most games for PS3). And it is not fair to compare shooters and modern open world games like W3. I don't like to play games on PC but how much I need to wait for magic patch? And this bs is happening in the beginning of the next-gen. My last hope is Dualshock 4 support for PC in W3 as it was rumored earlier.

It's incredible. I have an hour of free time and I can't play this game for this stupid framerate. What are you waiting for? C'mon, it's unplayable and annoying.

HI everybody! Don't waste your time. The fps problem is everywhere in open world games on PS4. Just have a look at FF 15 after patch 2.0(same fps drops). I think it is impossible to solve fps issues at all. I don't know what is the problem,hardware or software. Theoretically maybe its possible, but what it is clear, that for devs its like pain in .. to achieve stable 30 fps,and it is not necessary. Look at the selling results,the bigger piece of cake are the console sells especially for PS4(good or even best PR and marketing). For sony frame rate drops tot 20 fps it is not a problem at all(remember fps drops in most games for PS3). And it is not fair to compare shooters and modern open world games like W3. I don't like to play games on PC but how much I need to wait for magic patch? And this bs is happening in the beginning of the next-gen. My last hope is Dualshock 4 support for PC in W3 as it was rumored earlier.

You can use DS4WINDOWS on 99% of all pc games.

I use my ps4 ds4 on any pc game I like.

And how are the button icons in W3 (A,B...like for Xbox controller)?

That's the "downside" if the game only supports a microsoft controller, the buttons will be identical to an xbox. Sometimes you can use mods (texmod) to use the correct button layout. I'm pretty sure there will be pc mods for w3 to show proper layout.

Other than that the controller is working just fine, after awhile you also forget the prompts on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom