Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm definitely regretting spending 310 pounds on ps4 now, I have a decent gaming pc, all it needs is a GPU upgrade from aging hd 6950, the i5 2400 @ 3.8ghz will suffice as I game at 1360x768 and only care about 30 fps, could of just got new GPU and be done with it. Oh well, ac unity and now witcher show how shit these consoles are

I already sold my PS4 with all games i had and built myself a decent PC for gaming. Overpriced games on ps4,with poor performance is not worth my time and money at all.

Oh I'm definitely regretting spending 310 pounds on ps4 now, I have a decent gaming pc, all it needs is a GPU upgrade from aging hd 6950, the i5 2400 @ 3.8ghz will suffice as I game at 1360x768 and only care about 30 fps, could of just got new GPU and be done with it. Oh well, ac unity and now witcher show how shit these consoles are

Why do you need to justify your decision? I don't care if you build a pc for gaming, this has nothing to do with this topic. And if it weren't for PS4 and XONE you wouldn't have Witcher 3 like it is today. It's the job of the developers to create a game that can run fluid on a system and they clearly failed to this. No matter how "weak" the PS4 is compared to high end PC, if they are selling it for the PS4 they have to optimize it for the system. I wish people would finally start using their brains, this isn't a debate about PC vs. PS4...

Witcher 3 PS4 1.04 unplayable due to fps drops

First let me start off by telling that this game is an amazing game! The graphics are still stunning even with the graphical downgrade. However, the game is unplayable in certain area's. In particular intensive area's such as the swamp and especially Novigrad.

During the first quest in Novigrad "Pyres of Novigrad" the game immediately drops to 20 frames per second which causes immense dips in frames. Although I absolutely love this game, the fact that it is unplayable in certain area's really bumps me out. It's so bad that I have stopped playing the game altogether until this issue is finally adressed.

Is CDPR planning on fixing this issue on the PS4, because patch 1.04 doesn't significantly improve frames in intensive area's, but only camera smoothness and cutscenes. Please, I'm dying to continue playing this awesome game. Fix the PS4 frame rate issues!

Reading lately about Ps4 being loud, particularly on this game. Watching my brother playing Witcher 3 on Ps4 (I'm waiting for the "Fix for all"...) I had the opportunity to experiment this noisiness, and he still is in White Orchard.
Now, considering the great heterogeneity in getting issues by vary users, and the consequent difficulty by developers to reproduce issues, i wonder if the problems show up when Ps4 gets to a particular heat level, maybe thermal paste is not spread equally on different models, so even the time spent playing for each session could be a reason for vary issues to show...

i don't know what to say anymore, i waited and waited for a patch that would finally improve the frame rate on my ps4, but i'm starting to feel this patch will never come,either cd project red choose to ignore us or there isn't anything they can do because of hardware limitations (i refuse to believe that, game developers did miracles with the ps3,xbox 360 hardware) come on cd project red the game runs fine on xbox one! is the xbox one really more powerful than the ps4?

Guest 3349340

the game runs fine on xbox one! is the xbox one really more powerful than the ps4?

Well.. I would`nt say the game runs great on Xbox One either, that, or I am just the most unlucky guy ever :/ Bought it for Xbox (had it for PS4) - and though I have`nt reached more heavy areas yet (regarding graphics) - some of the swamp areas in Velen, when fighting in rain/storms the fps gets a hit. And then there are all the "minor" bugs, texture pop in.. and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting this game on hold til the next patch comes out.

I'm on the "mask" mission and Night + rain = unbearable to play. It's sad since i paid full price (w/ the season pass) for this. Completely killed my immersion.

Just trying to gauge our chances of a fix to this issue:

Does anyone know of a console game which has had FPS issues at launch and then been fix to a satisfactory level post launch?

Does anyone know of a console game which has had FPS issues at launch and then been fix to a satisfactory level post launch?

yeah apprantly boarderlands the handsome collection but imo that game was last gen

This generation GTA V is the best example. As for the past, i remember The Witcher 1 and 2 being released with multiple issues, due also to the "weight" and complexity of the engine, this Witcher 3 seems to be no exception, so i think we can firmly hope it will be improved, but step by step, if anyone wants the full package without any problems here and now, well, let's prepare to wait until the Enhanced Edition being released.

yeah apprantly boarderlands the handsome collection but imo that game was last gen

At least it has been done before then. I still hold out hope that they at least improve then FPS in the very worst areas, so that it doesn't go as low as 20FPS.
I think we can all agree that little dips here and there are acceptable, but when it seems to lock at 20FPS, that just not acceptable to be honest.

getting sick of waiting for this fps issue to be fixed. since I'm getting a pc this year i will just be getting this game for that. and ill be pirating it and all future CDPR games. wasted 80 dollars on a digital ps4 version with season pass. thanks guys

edit: i was angry and may have went overboard. i will prorate the game for pc because i bought it for 80 on ps4 and i think its only fair i get a decent working version, but will not future games as that makes no sense.

Last edited:
getting sick of waiting for this fps issue to be fixed. since I'm getting a pc this year i will just be getting this game for that. and ill be pirating it and all future CDPR games. wasted 80 dollars on a digital ps4 version with season pass. thanks guys

That's how you lose customers CDPR... I'm not gonna pirate any games but I won't buy any CDPR games in the future.
After they released the game, they stopped communicating with the players, I really thought they were different and honest but as it turns out you can't trust anyone who is trying to sell you something.

Most recent tweet, TL24 guy rocks lol

Twitter said:
CostinGaming:
@Marcin360 Hello, it seems a false company by the name of Thinketers is claiming Witcher 3 videos on YT maybe you guys could help with this?

Marcin Momot:
@CostinGaming We are aware and working on resolving this issue. It's not cool & against what we believe.

TL24:
@Marcin360 I'm sure you believe in not responding to those asking if you guys will ever fix the FPS issues on the PS4 as well.

Last edited:
Marcin Momot still not reply to my tweets .
All that can mean only a thing .
THEY CAN'T FIX THE FRAME RATE ( like only 2/3 frames ).
The PS4 versione it's completely broken ( like Unity ).
I'm startint to think this !
Sure they can achieve 30fps...but only with a serious downgrade. And they will never do this because most of peoples only watch the graphics and in that case "all the world" will claim !
I thinks that's the truth :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom