Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree they need to put the ps4 resolution down to 900p like the xbone with dynamic res and we should be straight. there is honestly not much of a difference between 900p and 1080p anyways. unless you sit close to the screen.

---------- Updated at 02:06 PM ----------

CDProjekt you need to just downgrade the ps4 resolution to 900p that would help with frames alot man the cave of dreams was unplayable it lagged soooo bad its not even funny. Plus dont be scared of the criticism for downgrading ps4 res battlefield and Unity ran at 900p and it doesnt look that bad so.

i agree they need to put the ps4 resolution down to 900p like the xbone with dynamic res and we should be straight. there is honestly not much of a difference between 900p and 1080p anyways. unless you sit close to the screen.

---------- Updated at 02:06 PM ----------

CDProjekt you need to just downgrade the ps4 resolution to 900p that would help with frames alot man the cave of dreams was unplayable it lagged soooo bad its not even funny. Plus dont be scared of the criticism for downgrading ps4 res battlefield and Unity ran at 900p and it doesnt look that bad so.

Talk about being completly naive ^^

xboxone runs 1080p only in the menus, so there goes your dynamic resolution

Just because you have "worse" eye sight then me or everyone else doesn't mean we can't tell a difference between a native non native resolution (hint, it introduces blur)

Unity? You mean the game that runs at 900p with fps drops down to 24 (kid you not) masked with mblur to hide the drops, yeah no thanks

900p wont help, if we are talk about 720p than yes. But 900p isnt much for help the frame rate. Also this is just a optimize issue, DA:I have better textures without flat textures works smooth 30fps at 1080p. What W3 have actualy? Just trees with wind fog fire effects, flat textures and objects goes visible if its not on screen, and still not work 30fps? Cmon if you compare W3 game with GT5, gta has more effects and details that works at same time in what you see in screen. Before the camera was stuttering and now its fixed, its gone. So this game just need optimize, and dont need even a downgrade, coz the graphics isnt so hard to work in ps4.

The fact that the camera stutter was present and noticeable from day 1 until patch 1.04 tells me they really didn't test the PS4 version as well as the others platforms. I noticed it from the 1st minute I started playing - they knew about the performance issues and still shipped it because they knew they had their paid game reviewers in their back pocket and they wouldn't mention the issues. It's really a shame this is what the industry has become.

Today i took my brothers gtx970 gpu card and put it in my 7 (!!) years old pc just for the heck of it to test it.
(i7 920 @2,67ghz, 6gb ram, as i said 7 years old rig).

i couldnt believe what i saw. I could run it on ultra with hairworks off at 50-60 fps.
With shadows on medium (everything else on ultra) at 60fps EVERYWHERE.

gfx were mind blowing so much more stuff on screen as fog and so on when comparing to ps4 version.

so i was sitting on my couch playing it witch a ps4 controller on ultra with nearly perfect 60fps all time (pc is plugged on tv).
only thing i need is a gtx970 and the magic can begin.
no way im gonna back to ps4 version even IF they can fix fps.

but i hope for you guys they can fix it, good luck to all!

900p wont help, if we are talk about 720p than yes. But 900p isnt much for help the frame rate. Also this is just a optimize issue, DA:I have better textures without flat textures works smooth 30fps at 1080p. What W3 have actualy? Just trees with wind fog fire effects, flat textures and objects goes visible if its not on screen, and still not work 30fps? Cmon if you compare W3 game with GT5, gta has more effects and details that works at same time in what you see in screen. Before the camera was stuttering and now its fixed, its gone. So this game just need optimize, and dont need even a downgrade, coz the graphics isnt so hard to work in ps4.

I don't know about GTA 5 as I don't have that game, but I have DAI (on PC) and I can tell you that it has nowhere near as much stuff going on as the Witcher 3. DAI also has a ton of loading screens, whilst the Witcher 3 practically has like 3 or 4 only when transitioning between major zones.. That in and of itself makes a big difference regardless of the other stuff like much better physics simulation, better A.I, etcetera..

BTW, does the PS4 version suffer low frame rates in the swamp or in Novigrad only when it's raining? Or does it happen without rain?

BTW, does the PS4 version suffer low frame rates in the swamp or in Novigrad only when it's raining? Or does it happen without rain?

On swamps in rainy weather animation take the biggest hit. But slowdowns happen also in different situation, usually when there are alpha effects on the screen (e.g. fire).

This is the only issue holding me from buying the PS4 version of the game.

I can deal with absent models/textures, pop-ins and a lot of bugs (not game-breaking, of course), but stable FPS is essential. Fix this and I'll happily spend my money.

The thing that sucks is you can be pretty much anywhere and as soon as it starts raining FPS drops happen - even in White Orchard. I really hope they can fix this. Don't get me wrong, I'm on my second playthrough but this game really deserves a consistent framerate.

(Post below is regarding the latest 1.04 PS4 version):

After the release of the game and seeing all the 9/10, 10/10 ratings I was wise enough to look further. Sure enough, soon as many reports of lag and stuttering and bad performance were swarming the net..

A week or so later I figured the developers would have come up with fixes by now and fix the issues this game is plagued by.

Starting up the ps4 version on my brand new ps4 it wasn't too bad throughout the the first hours. It is obvious some optimatization has gone into the starting area...

Smart from the developers, at least that way you get decent/good ratings and the game doesn't show its major, major issues. And oh boy, does this game have issues.

Soon enough after 10 or 20 hours later, leaving the starting area, framerates began to plumeth and the lagging and stuttering was more frequent than not.

Now after 30 or 50 or so hours (don't know exactly how many I'm still lagging around in novigrad) I cannot take it anymore. The game has gone on the shelf.

This game is utterly and outragiously in beta stage still.. It seems the developers have just made quick work of porting it from the PC version to consoles. I cannot for the life of me explain why they would otherwise release a game that performs and stutters (Well BELOW 15 FPS) in a lot of areas.

It seems the game AND PS4 cannot possible handly any sort of effect in this game whether it is a little fire, smoke, fog, rain or whatnot. Combining these with 3 or 4 monsters you are trying to fight and you are almost playing a slideshow.

Not sure why the rain make the game slow down to a crawl from an already locked laughable 30 fps to <15) since if you pay attention to it, there hasn't been a release of any game that has such poor rain effects as this one.

I decided to wait out the next 15 patches from the developer because I cannot take it anymore.

OH wait.. Did I mention the 2-3 minute constant loading times..... this is just unacceptable in this time. It totally kills any immersion and willingness to give beating that monster or boss another try. Seriously Fix the loading screens.

The gameplay and mechanics are ok and this game has the potential to get an 9/10 rating... Right now... Even hard to give it a 6/10.. This game should have never ever been released in its current (1.04 PS4 form).. Oh wait it wasn't even released in this form.. It already had 4 patches (6 on pc I believe). Shame so many people were fooled with their silly 10/10 ratings on this game.. it is obvious they based their conclusion on the first few hours in the starting area.

I was at some point tempted to get the PC version but this software house will not get 1 single cent from me unless they fix the PS4 version. There are other ways to try it out.

In short:

- Extremely lackluster alpa quality performance (both in the world with any non standard visual effect it seems).. Inventory UI gets very, very slow as well with a little more items.
- Rediculous amount of loading times (sometimes over 2-3 minutes).. And yes I do die in this game every now and then.
- Fonts are stupidly small all over the interface... Unusable on a 40" super quality TV.. Cannot read the stuff in my inventory
- Some very poor visuals like the rain effect (just look at it closer and look at rain a bit more in the distant, exactly the same, no depth, no fading, just weird).
- I can add so many more and also smaller annoyances but this post is already long enough.

- Great world design/textures and cinematics (which I do love, character details and such is nice)
- Core gameplay mechanics are pretty decent although the game appears to be very badly balanced especially a bit later on, monster levels, loot etc.
- Plays well with the controller

6/10 in its current state. Sorry but I've been playing games for more than 30 years... Hopefully at some point I can give it a 9/10 as I really want to.

Yeah, I agree with you on most of this. I'm going to give developers some time to straighten its problems. Usually I don't buy games day one, but I was pretty convinced that CD Projekt, guys that made very, very stable version of The Witcher 2 on X360 would be able to move their franchise to PS4. Unfortunately this is not the case. So it's waiting game now - I love the quest, the characters and the setting, but playing in 20 fps is not my idea of fun. Especially when Sony has showed us their new franchise, Horizon, also open-world RPG, and it looks and moves gorgeous. I know, I know, it's still miles away, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say...

Many weeks passed but the gameplay is very very bad. I'm forced to sell it becouse i can't play with this HORRIBLE framerate. Stop with these stupid dlc and solve this problem first!

I bought a ps4 just to play this game as I was lead to believe it would run at 1080p/30fps, they got the 1080p part right at least. I too am shelving this til they've sorted it out.
Its so frustrating because you think the game runs fine when you're in white orchard, but as soon as you reach Velen the game lets you know its not running fine at all.
The framerate is just too inconsistent, it will be good.. then bad.. then good again.. and then bad again. Simply put, the game is unfinished & unoptimized properly on ps4.
I love CDPR though for making this modern day classic of a game .. but PLEASE fix the frame rate !!! I will await impatiently ....

What amazes me are how many people are willing to play it 100+ hours and even finish the game in its current state on the PS4. CDPR played their cards right and not one single online gaming mag has pointed out how poorly this game is performing on the PS4 even now. If the frame rate drops were as bad on the XBONE there's no way they'd keep a lid on it, but the fact that it plays better on it has inflamed the debate into another console war when it should really be about why CDPR didn't optimize the game as well for the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom