Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just unreasonable the way it drops, most often it don't seem to be a graphic issue, just a bug, I don't know...normal areas, some grass and trees...You look at your right side and performance is ok, you look to the left and fps drops to 19 or even less.
Also I noticed that it happends after using the witcher senses sometimes and when in some specific area...it drops for a matter of 3 secs and later it come back to normal. Sometimes you look at a single f****** tree and the framerate drops to 20, you look to another tree and it comes back to normal, again. Also the game don't seem to handle very well with some smoke. We are talking about serious framerate drops, not that 'normal' and acceptable drops when in combat or something like that...I hope CDPR dev team can handle this serious and annoying issue.

>Yesterday I saved my progress in a area where FPS was running terrible (20 or less). Turned off ps4 and when I load that save, frame rate was fine, same place and same time as before. And it was not the first time, it happened 3 times in another places as well...As I said, WEIRD drops, if u know what I mean. don't think the reason for this are the 1080p

Seriously is anyone from CDPR looking into this? Has anyone from there team replied to this thread (sorry but didn't searched every page).
The drops are ridiculous i don't know how in world the reviewers played this game in this condition. I would like to see a developer from CDPR playing at hard difficulty, fighting a high level monster in a 4 by 4 cave at 18fps. You can't and it's so frustrating that we feel like trowing the control in the tv set, ffs.
This should have been 1st priority for them since the first patch. We are now 1 month since this game got released and every ps4 player out there is paying the game like crap.

Seriously is anyone from CDPR looking into this? Has anyone from there team replied to this thread (sorry but didn't searched every page).

Yes, I think that Marcin Momot responded with "we're looking into this". Let's wait for the next patch, it should be sooner rather than later. I'm pretty sure that CD Projekt is not happy with all the ruckus about their game's technical problems and also want to address it. Even more considering that PS4 version sold (most probably) the best.

It's water under the bridge... They already sold their product. They already mislead customers where graphics quality was wel below that shown in previous trailers.. They rushed this game but no way would current performance of this game meet any serious QA standards. Again, I can only conclude this game was quickly ported from PC and rushed. If any of them take a look at performance 10+ hours into the game there is no way they can accept this.

Next gen my ass... There is nothing next gen about this ps4 version in its current state. Making it 1080P doesn't make anything next gen. My previous PC of 5 years old runs games better than this.

Remember that they still want to sell TW3 expansions and their next game(s). So it's in their best interest to work out a solution. Hopefully without downgrading the game on PS4. Hell, they should contact Sony for help and use their advise. But I agree with you, that list of quest bugs etc. in the current version of the game makes mi sad.

They have been working on this issue for other a month now and no further on. The only problem is the majority of players will have finished the game by the time this is resolved and the only priority will be to have it resolved before the expansion packs come out.

I'll give this a month then i'm buying the PC version. But that comes with a cost in my case, my cooling on the GPU is crapping out on the 7950 OC, that's why I bought the PS4 version :/

Oh and if this is the case then i'm not gonna pay the PC at full price, gonna find the most vile/cheap shop out there.

Already jumped ship and dont regret anything (see my post last page).
got my gtx970 yesterday and restarting on pc. Its like day and night really, in terms of gfx and performance.
couldnt wait anymore till they fix it.
how could ppl play it houndreds of hours on ps4 is beyond my imagination.

We really want to buy the expansion pass because we so love this game. But at least, you need to make your games stable to play.

Already jumped ship and dont regret anything (see my post last page).
got my gtx970 yesterday and restarting on pc. Its like day and night really, in terms of gfx and performance.
couldnt wait anymore till they fix it.
how could ppl play it houndreds of hours on ps4 is beyond my imagination.
On Pc tech support board they don't seem to be happier than we are, everyone got his bag of issues.
I played The witcher 2 on Xbox360 and The Witcher 1 just recently on a notebook, so i got no issues at all, but I heard around that every single release of this franchise was afflicted in it's early stage of release by bugs and problems, so i ask myself why people knowing how this kind of games are at launch, bought it anyway at this early stage of polishness. I'm waiting for a stable edition, maybe called enhanced edition, till that moment i'll play less compelling and well crafted, but completely playable games like Dragon Age Inquisition. I feel sorry because i think the game and the team deserve much, but i deserve at least "average" too, and i don't think this is the average situation...

Last edited:
I just went ahead and finished the game. I gotta say framerate gets really bad for the final quest and some other main quests such as when you use da mask (no spoliers). Despite the framerate issues, I have nothing but good thing to say about this greatest game I've ever played. I rushed through Skelliege just doing main quests so I can play without framerate issues on my 2nd playtrough in the future after every free dlc have been released

i haven't touched the game for over a week now, will probably resume when the graphical issues and bugs are ironed out

and i'm still at velen

I feel quite confident that the framerate will be improved to an acceptable degree (to the point of dips here and there, but not locking to a solid 20fps).
But alas, until then I'm not going to play the game because it will affect my enjoyment of it.

As I wrote before, once we have some details to present, we will. We have not abandoned this issue - we are working on addressing it.

can you give anymore details other than working on addressing it ? like what are you doing to address it ? why is it so bad ? is it a glitch ? can it be fixed to at least playable xbox one level ? proper info would be nice, they way you say it gives no hope, and makes me think it wont be fixed for along time.

ive played unity and this, and w3 runs way worse fps wise, ubisoft released an official apology and dlc free, same thing you guys should do really as its ruined the game for alot of people who looked forward to playing and now cant enjoy it, i myself am pushing through it but have had many deaths because of when pressing button to block dodge on death march and being killed because of lag is infuriating.

It likely means they will just remove some of the effects and make the game look pale and like 2010'ish.. The only way I feel they can ever fix the major issues.

I remember them giving the lame excuse about why the actual game play graphics look so much worse than the trailers from the past.. They said the engine simply couldn't handle it like that... Guess they really didn't learn anything because the engine still can't handle it by a long shot.

Its bad enough that the game is capped to 30 fps (even runs like that on PC unless you have a titan x beast of a pc).

I honestly got the feeling that framerate improved somewhat with all the patches. Pretty sure of it.
at launch when it rained the game used to lag like crazy, that seems A LOT LESS.

It still could be improved in some areas, but overall i'm not complaining anymore. What annoys me more right now is the lag in the inventory. It's really bad.

Still, This game is so freaking awesome nothing bothers me all that much or takes away from the fun. One of the best games i ever played.

---------- Updated at 01:02 PM ----------

ive played unity and this, and w3 runs way worse fps wise, ubisoft released an official apology and dlc free, same thing you guys should do really as its ruined the game for alot of people who looked forward to playing and now cant enjoy it, i myself am pushing through it but have had many deaths because of when pressing button to block dodge on death march and being killed because of lag is infuriating.

This is funny. They already released so much free DLC...

And instead of a meaningless apology like Ubosift made, they are actually working on it.
Unity was far more broken than W3 ever was.

Asking for details on how they adress it is completely irrelevant. Why should they come up with technical details for you? How would that change anything?
It's not a bug, it's just that the PS4 is not powerfull enough for this game.

In anyway, when i played the First Witcher at launch. I remember that it literally took more than two minutes to load a room when you entered it, saving also took a long time. I went crazy when i was in Vizima where you had all these houses to enter and exit. And some time later after some patches, they managed to reduce the loading times to 10 secs or so. There's always optimizations to be made to an engine, but yes, it might take some time.

I honestly got the feeling that framerate improved somewhat with all the patches. Pretty sure of it.
at launch when it rained the game used to lag like crazy, that seems A LOT LESS.

It still could be improved in some areas, but overall i'm not complaining anymore. What annoys me more right now is the lag in the inventory. It's really bad.

Still, This game is so freaking awesome nothing bothers me all that much or takes away from the fun. One of the best games i ever played.

---------- Updated at 01:02 PM ----------

This is funny. They already released so much free DLC...

And instead of a meaningless apology like Ubosift made, they are actually working on it.
Unity was far more broken than W3 ever was.

Asking for details on how they adress it is completely irrelevant. Why should they come up with technical details for you? How would that change anything?
It's not a bug, it's just that the PS4 is not powerfull enough for this game.

In anyway, when i played the First Witcher at launch. I remember that it literally took more than two minutes to load a room when you entered it, saving also took a long time. I went crazy when i was in Vizima where you had all these houses to enter and exit. And some time later after some patches, they managed to reduce the loading times to 10 secs or so. There's always optimizations to be made to an engine, but yes, it might take some time.

The lag is still horrible all around. No way has this gotten any better... If you find lag (not talking about spikes either but minute long ) of <15 fps acceptable then good for you.

Loading times are still absurdly long... Nothing has improved there. I frequently stare at 2-3 mins loading screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom