Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lag is still horrible all around. No way has this gotten any better... If you find lag (not talking about spikes either but minute long ) of <15 fps acceptable then good for you.

Loading times are still absurdly long... Nothing has improved there. I frequently stare at 2-3 mins loading screens.

If that is true, i wonder if there are perhaps some problems with your ps4?

I am very sure performance has gotten better with the patches for me. Before the patches, when i was in the bog, the framerate was annoying. The first time i got around crow perch, the framerate wasn't all that either. Everytime i started raining, the framerate dropped badly. I'm not lying when i say this has been a lot less for me. Played all evening today, and there were a few occasions on where the framerate dropped, but nothing grave.

Also, whenever i load a game, it's within a minute and certainly doesn't take 2-3 minutes.

im very dissapointed to be back from a ban to see nothing have happend whatsoever
and i havent been able to play the game for weeks now

CDPR fix your game

batman is coming out soon and i heard it runs flawlessly at 30 fps no dips

take notice CDPR.

If that is true, i wonder if there are perhaps some problems with your ps4?

I am very sure performance has gotten better with the patches for me. Before the patches, when i was in the bog, the framerate was annoying. The first time i got around crow perch, the framerate wasn't all that either. Everytime i started raining, the framerate dropped badly. I'm not lying when i say this has been a lot less for me. Played all evening today, and there were a few occasions on where the framerate dropped, but nothing grave.

Also, whenever i load a game, it's within a minute and certainly doesn't take 2-3 minutes.

My PS4 is brand new, well 6-7 weeks old or something... I only own 3 games. Project cars runs very smooth with no problems at all... Diablo 3 ros has problems, I'm not the only one there either...

I'm 100% sure it is not my ps4.

Oh and I do select game mode on my 40" samsung TV (Top model from a few years old).

What i don't understand is, how in world the same game using the same engine running on the same hardware manufacturer (AMD in both xboxone and ps4) doesn't run at the same performance. Even more the two console have a huge performance difference, 70GB bandwith more for the PS4 and faster gddr5 memory. Even more, even more all 3 platforms PC, XONE and PS4 use X86 architecture.
After one month the DEV's are not capable of fixing the problem, what makes me to think that there is more to it then meats the eye. What i mean is: M$ neck deep.

I think it's rather due to lack of optimisation and using each platform's strenghts. Maybe they aren't familiar with PS4's API? Who knows.

What i don't understand is, how in world the same game using the same engine running on the same hardware manufacturer (AMD in both xboxone and ps4) doesn't run at the same performance. Even more the two console have a huge performance difference, 70GB bandwith more for the PS4 and faster gddr5 memory. Even more, even more all 3 platforms PC, XONE and PS4 use X86 architecture.
After one month the DEV's are not capable of fixing the problem, what makes me to think that there is more to it then meats the eye. What i mean is: M$ neck deep.

Yeah Im starting to smell a M$ rat too, I wonder how many xbones were sold after the ps4's framerate shamozzle ? .. and I wonder how many ps4's will sell, if & when they do fix the framerate. Damn politics & handshakes behind closed doors me thinks. I could be being over paranoid, but still .. one does start to think such things, especially with a 3+ year development cycle & over a month since release with no guarantee of a fix

maybe we can get better performance after M$ & CDPR marketing deal was over.

multiplat game always get better performance on PS4, except game with marketing deal with M$. look unity have marketing deal with M$ = the game is totally shit.

good thing Arkham Knight & Syndicate have deal with sony & Arkham Knight run really good.

The hardware is basically the same you're right but Xbox One uses DirectX11 Graphical API, DX12 is yet to come while PS4 uses two APIs I believe. A low level one called GNM and a high level one GNMX and they are very different from DirectX. CDPR is first and foremost a PC developer and therefor they're used to work with DX. I think that's the problem but yes it's not acceptable to release such an inferior version of the game. Let's hope they will figure it out and we all can enjoy a near 30fps experience.

Last edited:
I'm officially putting this on hold. First because of the framerate and second because there' s a bug in a main mission that won't let me progress. Very disappointing. I looked forward to this game for years and it sucks that i can't even play it.

My experience with Witcher 3 on PS4 has been okay. It is playable but there are times of frustration, such as cutscenes, riding through stormy weather and when fast travelling to other places.

Yeah Im starting to smell a M$ rat too, I wonder how many xbones were sold after the ps4's framerate shamozzle ? .. and I wonder how many ps4's will sell, if & when they do fix the framerate. Damn politics & handshakes behind closed doors me thinks. I could be being over paranoid, but still .. one does start to think such things, especially with a 3+ year development cycle & over a month since release with no guarantee of a fix

Witcher 3 PS4 sales = XBONE + PC sales.

Witcher 2 port to Mac and Linux was terrible too. Probably they don´t have talent out of DirectX.

Last edited:
This is a shame. I understand your reasoning though, a person can only wait so long...

I really hope there is some improvement in the big upcoming patch.

Yeah, only this can we do, hope, that anything changes in the right direction. I've pre-ordered the game digitally, so I'm not even able to sell it, but believe me, I would do it. It's ridiculous, that I have the game since a month now, and I've played only a couple of hours because of the f*cking bugs, framerate-problems and so on... it's a SHAME for the whole game industry, dear CDPR. I'm disappointed and in the future I will only buy your stuff second-hand, at half price...

i guess ill just use my tax refund to join the GLORIOUS PC Master race then play it on ultra on my new 4k monitor :comeatmebro:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom