Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I have found a graphics error that seems to run outward from the boat of the quest "cave of dreams" and seems to vanish off into the sea.

For reference I am stood south east of Kaer Muire on the edge of the mountain looking southeast towards the cave of dreams quest boat.

I was wondering if that huge lined area you can clearly see in the ocean could be the cause of the massive fps drops around that area.

Attachments

• witcher 3 gfx error cave of dreams boat.jpg
    witcher 3 gfx error cave of dreams boat.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
For reference I am stood south east of Kaer Muire on the edge of the mountain looking southeast towards the cave of dreams quest boat.

Actually, I find that at that same area in the game, my fps stutters HEAVILY for some reason no matter what time of day it is. 1-2 second stutters every 5 seconds. Also for some reason the textures of the cliffs overlooking the sea in the northern part of Novigrad near the church area (right on top of the marker for the cat school gear on the surface I believe) don't load properly -_-

They need to turn off that damn 20fps frame rate lock whenever the frame rate drops below 30fps!! I seriously am regretting buying this game on my PS4, instead I should of gotten it on my Xbox one like I did with dragon age which also had a better frame rate on the xbox one.

I would gladly take the 900p stable 30fps on my Xbox one over the 1080p 20fps mostly on ps4!!

The problem is the game is vsync double buffered on ps4 while it is vsync triple buffered on xbox one.
Hence why the game locks to 20fps whenever it drops below 39 while the xbox one version consistently has a higher frame rate then on ps4.

I am now contemplating trading my ps4 version in to swap for the Xbox one version because I refuse to carry on playing while the game is clearly broken! The developers are taking way too long to sort this B.S out.
Seriously the frame rate problem on ps4 should be top priority above everything, now they have our money they are slacking off!!

Getting sick of waiting for worthless patches while the main game breaking 20fps lock issue is being ignored.

I bought this game at release. 1,5 month ago. Still nothing to solve the painfull framerate.

I can't play this game.

Do something for the people who bought your game. The people who are feeding you. Because I regret it now and I'll never buy one of your game again at this point. One day you will ask yourself why people doesn't support you anymore and doesn't pre-order your work anymore, that's because we don't spit in the hand that feed us.

Polish your game, test it, don't launch it if it is half-finished.

If you need some PS4 developing skill, call some talent guys, call Rocksteady for example.

Game has been on hold for weeks now. Getting tired of this.

Those of us who paid for the season pass should get a REFUND for the upcoming DLCs. That's the LEAST you could do. Like Ubisoft did with that broken mess that was Unity.

Game has been on hold for weeks now. Getting tired of this.

Those of us who paid for the season pass should get a REFUND for the upcoming DLCs. That's the LEAST you could do. Like Ubisoft did with that broken mess that was Unity.

Those who paid for THIS BROKEN GAME should get a refund.
fix'd

I've bought this shit digitally. What can I do now? I need my money back dear CDPR!!!

We should get a refund of this broken game.I'm tired of 20fps performance and CDPR don't take this issue seriously.Never buy a game from CDPR,lesson learned.

What a shame CDPR, I'll sold or trade my ps4 copy, can't play this shit anymore. You get it even worst with 1.05. At least we learn something: never buy a game from CDPR, NEVER

Or on day 41 apparently either. Your point?
my point is, that a lot of people bought this game digitally on day1, so they can't sell it. they should have wait a few days to see, how the game performs.
at least you can sell the physical copy, if you were that stupid to buy it at launch. like i did...

Yes it's a big shame. The game was advertised on beautiful graphics that the PS4 can't handle on 30 FPS -> it's false advertisement. It has been done to boost the sales, direspecting PS4 users big time.
Mates, I encourage to post on the refund topic, too.
CDPR is all lies about PS4 performance, they know they absolutely can't give 30 FPS and the graphics advertised, they perfectly knew it BEFORE launching the game.
Lame lame marketing, now we know the true face of CDPR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom