Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me where do you guys notice any performance improvement, because I can't figure. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I don't notice ANY performance improvement at all.

Novigrad is still unplayable at night, the swamp drops fps, the horse stuttering at walking (not pushing "x" button) hasn't been fixed yet, at daytime some zones (Novigrad, some villages, etc.) are unplayable if it's raining... so, please guys, I'm a lot curious to know WHERE THIS 8GB PATCH HAS MADE ANY PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT.

Jesus Christ, 8GB... and no performance fixes at all, but even more bugs. My God... CDPR I trusted you all guys a lot (anybody can search my 1 month ago messages here on the forum), but seriously I feel like you're laughing at us.

I'm very disappointed. I can't understand.

Seems quite a few people have different opinions on how effective this patch was at addressing the FPS issue then...

Is the swamp better at least overall, would you say? surly it can't be as bad as before. I haven't got my ps4 setup up at the moment so I can't check.

I hope Gamersyde makes a new video showing it like last time.

You really have to see for yourself by playing it.

In my game post-patch swamp is fine, fighting in the swamp is fine.

I've yet to test how Novigrad at night (fire effects) + rain will feel like. That will be the true test.

I am going insane over here because although I never let the frame drops (such as they were) bother me I see a much better performance, I don't know what you are all talking about. The game was always playable to me and only time I noticed drops was if I was fighting monsters in the swamps while it was raining and even then I wasn't bothered by it. Also when fighting wraiths because of their FX.

So far with this patch the wraith problem has been solved near as I can tell and the swamps were running smooth as Triss's ass, though I didn't try it while at raining. Overall the performance has vastly improved despite me thinking it was pretty good before . Does this have something to do with me having the physical version of the game instead of the digital? I don't have any of the problems people mention in these forums.

The other changes are awesome as hell. The inventory changes, a book tab that tells you what you've read!! Halle-fucking-luja!! A stash! Geralt is much more responsive and he controls better than before ! All in all a very awesome patch.

You guys are nothing but a bunch of spoiled entitled idiots who want this $400 console to do what a $700+ PC can do and find fault and issues where there really are none . CD Projekt works their ass off to please you and all you do is complain and complain about non-issues. Have fun in these forums while I go enjoy this masterpiece!

First of all, calling people "spoiled entitled idiots" is never a good way to start a conversation. You're only showing your lack of maturity. Secondly, CD Projekt Red has acknowledged the FPS drops and tried to fix the problem with this patch. It's not something we invented. The website Digital Foundry has posted numerous videos showing the frame drops we're mentioning as well. Think twice before posting like an imbecile.

---------- Updated at 12:52 PM ----------

Guys be real? No improvements at all? Really?

It's improved a little, but the problems aren't fixed yet. The FPS is still not steady, specially in the situations you'd see huge FPS drops (swamp area, places with multiple light sources, rainy weather etc)

Ok guys, since I have a marginal GPU with PS4-like performance on PC (drops below 30 at swamp rain or shine, occasional drops at Novigrad especially with rain or open flame sources present, stutter in Novigrad), I will report back how things are post patch. I would get 26-29 fps in the swamps, sometimes till 24, on my GTX750, which is slightly weaker than PS4. Safe to say, if I don't see any appreciable improvement as well, then CDPR and Marcin are bullshitting people, which would make me angry since I just bought the season pass 3 days back.

cheers

Ok guys, since I have a marginal GPU with PS4-like performance on PC (drops below 30 at swamp rain or shine, occasional drops at Novigrad especially with rain or open flame sources present, stutter in Novigrad), I will report back how things are post patch. I would get 26-29 fps in the swamps, sometimes till 24, on my GTX750, which is slightly weaker than PS4. Safe to say, if I don't see any appreciable improvement as well, then CDPR and Marcin are bullshitting people, which would make me angry since I just bought the season pass 3 days back.

cheers

I appreaciate your effort friend, but I don't think this will be a helpful test because there are other things in place you have to consider to truly compare a console and a PC performance, even if the latter has similar components. The architecture is very different.

Dear CDPR

We understand, that's the first game that you program on a Playstation console, thats come with a huge numbers of new problems. New codes, new architecture, new challenges. But what we are asking, as a customer, its a fair comunication between you and us. The playstation community, bought and supported this game with right hopes. So, tell us, about the downgrade, was necessary? About the FPS problem, It will be resolved, or not? About all others BUGS there is in this game. But tell us the truth. We accepet that. What we do not accept is lier and silence.

Sorry for my english.
Thanks.

Performance still bad ? Not gonna buy expansion then (including PC version). I vote with my wallet.

I don't have the patch yet, so I can't tell my experience.

But after I saw this video, I'm a little disapointed with the update in terms of framerate. It runs worse words by DigitalFoundry, an expert in this kind of knowledge.

DF (also you can see a terrible pop in on 2:41):

Also they broke Xone-version and now it's 20 fps too. So as we can see there is no problem in PS4. There is a problems in dev's hands.

Last edited:
DigitalFoundry just posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qhh3NQSkcU

It's actually a little worse than before. :D

"In fact, frame-rates in many areas are noticeably worse on both platforms once the patch is installed. Suffice to say, we weren't expecting that."

Ouch something went wrong for sure.

Last edited:
A quote from the Digital Foundry article:

"With the new patch installed, the PS4 version doesn't get off lightly either. A route through the bog shows frame-rates lower than our original 1.05 test, where its lock at 20fps holds more consistently as we pass through the boggy thicket. On top of that, even traveling through simple countryside roads (or Novigrad's central city) continues to produce single-frame stutters every few seconds - a rough point we had hoped would be ironed out by now. Overall, little has improved in PS4's bid for a smooth 30fps reading here, and in fact, the tail-end of our Novigrad test shows dips to 25fps as we hit the marketplace - something not seen on the last patch."

Amazing! Not only has 1.07 NOT improved the game's performance it has actually WORSENED it. This is quite ridiculous considering the wording of the patch notes released and the promises made on Twitter. What the heck is going on guys?

A quote from the Digital Foundry article:

"With the new patch installed, the PS4 version doesn't get off lightly either. A route through the bog shows frame-rates lower than our original 1.05 test, where its lock at 20fps holds more consistently as we pass through the boggy thicket. On top of that, even traveling through simple countryside roads (or Novigrad's central city) continues to produce single-frame stutters every few seconds - a rough point we had hoped would be ironed out by now. Overall, little has improved in PS4's bid for a smooth 30fps reading here, and in fact, the tail-end of our Novigrad test shows dips to 25fps as we hit the marketplace - something not seen on the last patch."

Amazing! Not only has 1.07 NOT improved the game's performance it has actually WORSENED it. This is quite ridiculous considering the wording of the patch notes released and the promises made on Twitter. What the heck is going on guys?

I tell you: they don't have a f*ckin' idea what they're doing. Incompetent liars, that's they are.

---------- Updated at 02:11 PM ----------

they lied straight to our faces.

That's true, and this was not the first time they doing it.

I just turned on my PS4 and checked it out. There's basically no difference in the framerate that I can see except in areas where there is fog. The fog/mist effects don't turn the game into a slideshow anymore. Other than that, seems about exactly the same.

I don't think you're going to see any real improvement in framerate without sacrificing graphical quality. The game is pushing the hardware past its limits already.

So everybody just goes off what some YouTube dude says he allegedly found instead of testing for themselves and playing the fucking game. Very well...

P.s. Nevermind you are all right. Cdprojekt are evil incarnate. I burned my copy of the game and I'm now using my ps4 as a paper weight. You've all changed my mind.

I just turned on my PS4 and checked it out. There's basically no difference in the framerate that I can see except in areas where there is fog. The fog/mist effects don't turn the game into a slideshow anymore. Other than that, seems about exactly the same.

I don't think you're going to see any real improvement in framerate without sacrificing graphical quality. The game is pushing the hardware past its limits already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qhh3NQSkcU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom