Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAN. I HAVE TO GO NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're completely missing the point I made, which is that this particular video doesn't show the areas where the framerate was the worst and has been improved.

Losing 1 frame per second in Crow's Perch isn't cool, and nobody is happy about that, but if the trade-off is gaining ten frames per second when fighting foglets, I'll take it.

So everybody just goes off what some YouTube dude says he allegedly found instead of testing for themselves and playing the fucking game. Very well...

P.s. Nevermind you are all right. Cdprojekt are evil incarnate. I burned my copy of the game and I'm now using my ps4 as a paper weight. You've all changed my mind.

Digital Foundry has equipment to measure frame rate and frame time. They don't just say something out of the air. The frame rates are roughly the same as was before and that's not an improvement. You can see that the game constantly dipping to 20fps I don't know how this is not affecting you but good for you.

LOL so instead of fixing the framerate they have now made it worse on all platforms?
WTF CD Project Red?

I'm sorry guys. I'll just play, enjoy and finish the game as it is. But this is definitely the last CDPR game I buy at launch. For your next game I'll just wait for a significant price drop or sale.

You guys are really talented in game design. The world and quests in The Witcher 3 are easily some of the best I've seen in an RPG. But on the tech side there are just way too many issues. Between the downgrade from what you showed in the trailers (even on PC), the terrible framerate on Ps4 and patches that take weeks to be released and end up hurting the performance instead of fixing it, I'm just not seeing the famous "CDPR support" in this game. Free DLC is nice, but I'd rather have my game not having frequent and serious frame drops instead of some extra armours or quests

You're completely missing the point I made, which is that this particular video doesn't show the areas where the framerate was the worst and has been improved.

Losing 1 frame per second in Crow's Perch isn't cool, and nobody is happy about that, but if the trade-off is gaining ten frames per second when fighting foglets, I'll take it.

i was not replying to you man. ;)

Don't forget the last line of patch notes for 1.05 read "Improves stability in gameplay and the UI" that got our hopes up. Turns out it did absolutely nothing in terms of frame-rate improvement.

No explicit mention of PS4 performance fixes tells me all I need to know about 1.07

Looks like I was correct unfortunately. It's now 60 days since release and the PS4 performance problems are worse than ever. There is no hope.

I think a super simple fix would be to allow PS4 users to lower their framerate just a tad to 992p or 900p or something. I bet most would take that and a completely smooth 30fps experience any day.

PS: All things constant, going from 1080p to 900p increases your framerate across the board by almost exactly 33%. So yeah, it's quite substantial.

they lied straight to our faces.
I remember reading something like "Patch 1.07 will be out just when CDPR finish to polish it 'till perfection".
It's a shame, nothing more, nothing less, just a shame, there's absolutely no respect for us in acting like this...

CDPR is fucked no matter what people will bitch when they downgrade the graphics or bitch when framerate is not improved.

I think a super simple fix would be to allow PS4 users to lower their framerate just a tad to 992p or 900p or something. I bet most would take that and a completely smooth 30fps experience any day.

PS: All things constant, going from 1080p to 900p increases your framerate across the board by almost exactly 33%. So yeah, it's quite substantial.

Looking at the Xbox One version. It now also locks to 20fps in places because, for some reason, they enabled the same type of double-buffer v-sync as on Ps4.
So that means that just removing the double-buffer v-sync on Ps4 should have already given it a significant performance boost to match the X1 version.

But instead of disabling what was causing issues on Ps4 they decided to enable it on X1. Instead of having both version run at 27-30 fps in the swamps they decide to lock both versions at 20fps.

That has to be incompetence or trolling. Can't see another explanation for a patch said to fix framerate to end up making it worse

DigitalFoundry just posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qhh3NQSkcU

It's actually a little worse than before. :D

"In fact, frame-rates in many areas are noticeably worse on both platforms once the patch is installed. Suffice to say, we weren't expecting that."

Ouch something went wrong for sure.

I dont get it. The game is running much better for me after the update. They fixed the swamps and fogs low frame rates. I have deleted all the game data just before instaled the new patch.

Just watched all the digital foundry videos. I don't understand, this is insane, how could they make it worse??

I've got to see this for myself first hand, but this really doesn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom