Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The patch made the framerate worst and now not even the Xbox one runs smoother!This is not the way to do things its LAME!

The game run much better with patch 1.07, but unfortunately not in swamps.
I started a new game and the difference is huge even into the tutorial. Framerate is totally smooth and locked at 30fps.

Then idk how their performance is so bad with all their "FPS measuring wizardry" when I am seeing the game with my own eyes and it looks beautiful and the FPS is quite stable. The consoles are a closed platform how can there be such discrepancies? I just keep coming to the conclusion that are you are all asshats.

Id hate to be one of those guys but this is my last post on this thread and this section of the forum. You are all a bunch infantile elitist assholes. Keep counting those frame rates. Study those YouTube videos painstakingly measuring the FPS. Keep complaining about patches taking long then crying like little kids " waaah the patch made the game worse!!!" once it comes out.

I hope whatever patches or fixes come next make the game even "worse" and "unplayable" in your eyes and then you have no choice but to never play it. May you never find joy in this game and spend the rest of your sad miserable wretched lives crying about what could have been or rather what you think the game should be. Peace I'm out!!

If your brain can't comprehend the difference between 20fps and 30fps good for you or you have an SSD in your PS4 and that's making a big improvement on the game. For anybody else anything constantly less than 25fps is choppy and even that is so low. The worst part is the lower the fps is the worse the control latency gets, which means the picture you see and the actions that you make with the controller will be out of sync and this is what ruins the game for most of us.

La de da.

Hello!

Welcome to our forums.

We have Rules, ( in my sig), but BASICALLY - don't be a jackass.

I don't care how angry or disappointed you are. We're not here, as a community, for you to yell at or foster dissension. We also are NOT a Complaints Department, in this community.

If you break the Rules or ARE a jackass, your posts will be...deleted, edited, Ponied and generally ours. You will be no longer a problem here, either, if you are dumb enough.

Feel free to complain and be unhappy - but do it civilly. Politely. With moderation. And try to at least help out your fellow community members.

There was never a problem in confined areas like Kaer Mohen, the islands or White Orchard. The problem only starts to show during rainy weathers in Velen and it gets intensified once you reach Novigrad / Oxenfurt or when you reach the swamps.

---------- Updated at 05:49 PM ----------

The bigger problem is the lack of FPS stability. The constant jump between low 20s to 30s, that back and forth is what kills the experience to lots of people.

I dont get it. The game is running much better for me after the update. They fixed the swamps and fogs low frame rates. I have deleted all the game data just before instaled the new patch.

Same here. Deleted my save files and started a new one. It runs much better now in the swamps even when raining. T

here's the occasional drop but it's little noticeable. I still have to test how it does in Novigrad with the fire effects at night. Have you tested it yet?

Same here. Deleted my save files and started a new one. It runs much better now in the swamps even when raining. T

here's the occasional drop but it's little noticeable. I still have to test how it does in Novigrad with the fire effects at night. Have you tested it yet?

If you started a new game you are not in Velen or in Crookback Bog you are in White Orchard there is no performance issues in that are at all.

Im loving the way the staff dont like people telling the truth,please to the one the hat suits my butt is your to kick have it.Its the normal solution when people in charge cant find a solution for the real problems express from the paying consumers!

Last edited:
This is unacceptable! They somehow manage to get it worse after promising patch notes regarding framerate. I could play this game 20 fps on my stone age computer gg.

Im loving the way the staff dont like people telling the truth,please my butt is your to kick have it.Its the normal solution when does in charge cant find a solution for the real problems express from the paying consumers!

Basically. It's a giant conspiracy to suppress THE TRUTH - and separate the paying customers from the....non..paying customer?

Anyhoo. Be civil and be constructive or be gone.

I'll leave your post here since its..actually alright, as long as you don't a) debate moderation too much more and b) harp on your issues.

Of course you will and voila! I will have to Press More Buttons.

Patch may suck. Patch may be great!

Don't turn my forums into your emotional dumpster either way, thanks.

La de da.

Hello!

Welcome to our forums.

We have Rules, ( in my sig), but BASICALLY - don't be a jackass.

I don't care how angry or disappointed you are. We're not here, as a community, for you to yell at or foster dissension. We also are NOT a Complaints Department, in this community.

If you break the Rules or ARE a jackass, your posts will be...deleted, edited, Ponied and generally ours. You will be no longer a problem here, either, if you are dumb enough.

Feel free to complain and be unhappy - but do it civilly. Politely. With moderation. And try to at least help out your fellow community members.

Sorry mate. While i agree insults and tantrums won't help matters. If the patch really didn't fix the problem they have ALL THE RIGHT in the world to complain, politely of course.

It would be the best thing for developers to come out and deal with this head on, we're all paying customers and deserve to be treated like it. It was CONFIRMED by your people that the patch would end our headache, well, based on what everybody is saying, it didn't. We were lied to. Why? Come out and explain.

And this IS a complaints department, a complaint by definition is not being satisfied with something and what other place to share one's unsatisfaction about the game caused by poor performance than the tech support section?

Last edited:
And this IS a complaints department, a complaint by definition is not being satisfied with something and what other place to share one's unsatisfaction about the game cause by poor performance than the tech support section?

It's not.

The Tech Support section is to seek and provide assistance.

If you are here to complain, complain to CDPR. There's a link for bug reports in my sig, and you can contact them directly.

If you come here and complain repeatedly, ( once or twice is fine, of course! And healthy. Just be civil), then you cause problems, you don't help fix them.

And then we show you the door.

Because a forum community - this forum community - is intended to be a welcoming place to visit, not a place for you to ( repeatedly) express customer dissatisfaction with the company. There are other routes for that.

It's also accurate I don't want you complaining endlessly about, oh, Game of Thrones or Arkham Knight or your girlfriend, even in off topic threads. Coming here just or mostly to bitch brings everyone down, and then we edit or delete your posts and you aren't around to do that anymore.

So.

Again.

Not a Complaints Department. Not really for debate. If you have an issue, by ALL MEANS, post it and talk about it, but don't spam it, try to be constructive and remember: 99.999% of the people who read and reply to it are users, like you. That's who you're really talking to.

Ok guys, I was/am playing on PC with similar to PS4 levels performance and hardware. I too used to get drops into the 20's in the swamp at Croockbag, and the stutters/drops in Novigrad.

Now, there is good and bad news.

Good: Stuttering and frame drops almost completely removed in Novigrad. It's such a smooth experience now. I can run through the city without any frame drops now at smooth 30fps, as opposed to before.

Bad: Croockbag Bog still takes the same hit on my fps. Used to go down to 26, and even to 20 while fighting foglets/drowners there, and sadly the same still occurs. As such, there is no performance improvement here for me. For shame, since CDPR mentioned both Novi and Croockbag will see performance improvements.

It's not.

The Tech Support section is to seek and provide assistance.

If you are here to complain, complain to CDPR. There's a link for bug reports in my sig, and you can contact them directly.

If you come here and complain repeatedly, ( once or twice is fine, of course! And healthy. Just be civil), then you cause problems, you don't help fix them.

And then we show you the door.

Because a forum community - this forum community - is intended to be a welcoming place to visit, not a place for you to ( repeatedly) express customer dissatisfaction with the company. There are other routes for that.

It's also accurate I don't want you complaining endlessly about, oh, Game of Thrones or Arkham Knight or your girlfriend, even in off topic threads. Coming here just or mostly to bitch brings everyone down, and then we edit or delete your posts and you aren't around to do that anymore.

So.

Again.

Not a Complaints Department. Not really for debate. If you have an issue, by ALL MEANS, post it and talk about it, but don't spam it, try to be constructive and remember: 99.999% of the people who read and reply to it are users, like you. That's who you're really talking to.

Fair enough. I will contact them directly then once i find out for myself whether they delivered what they promised or not. Nobody likes being lied to, we'd expect something like that from EA or Ubisoft but CPDR has always been good to their fan base.

Just one thing though, a lot of us paid $80 for the pre-order of a game that a month and a half later still won't work properly, they are mad with good reason. So try to understand them. Being agressive towards them will do no good.

Just one thing though, a lot of us paid $80 for the pre-order of a game that a month and a half later still won't work properly, they are mad with good reason. So try to understand them. Being agressive towards them will do no good.

Ha! A mere $80? I bought the collector's edition AND the regular edition!

Yes, I'm not bright sometimes.

ANYway..my Crossfire still doesn't work properly. Game looks -awesome- and is smooth..and near water or if underground, will do this maazing lightshow/epilepsy inducer and I can't see clearly afterwards. Not even kidding. I also have a host of minor issues, like most of us.

Still love it. Still the best game I've played in years. Flaws and all. That bit with the Baron? The scene with Djikistra? Or just before the Tower? I nearly wept half a dozen times. I think I did, once. "Good luck, Ciri." Sure teared up. Anyway, We are privilged, I think, that our hobby has matured to this point as an art form, technical warts and all.

Big game, lots of bugs. Always, always the case. Hope you don't lose the lottery hard and can still at least play.

As for the lying, well, we don't tolerate those accusations towards anyone around here - nothing to do with accuracy or honesty, but because it spawns a really ugly atmosphere.

We've also learned that being aggressive, as moderators, does a fair bit of good. I'm NOT ALLOWED to discuss moderation, ( these Poles do this thing with angry wolfhounds and potato blenders to discipline us...I'm actually really scared of them), but I will say that we've learned fast and often not-nice action heads off SO MUCH later trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom