Playstation Store

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but without store support, are there even updates? The disc version of CP2077 is going to be 1.0. If there are no patches, even if I could buy the disc, I wouldn't want to. I would wait until it was supported with patches. Once Sony decides to list it again, it will probably take off. I am sure many potential players are just chomping at the bit waiting to complain about this game. :)
If you bought a disk version the patches would still come through whether you bought a PS or Xbox disk. I mean I get Xbox updates online, not via the Xbox store. Or are you saying the PS store won't even update if the game isn't available there for sale, the non-disk version?

Patches for games are on open servers for Sony. Even people on PC could download the PK files. If you have the link for the patch file(s). Being removed from the store is not a issue. That's how discontinued sold digital games work.

CP2077 got the brand that it runs like sh* on old gen. Sony sold 115.000.000 PS4 since release. And even if some of them are dust in the wind by now, they all got a disc-drive. So, if somebody would really want to play it, he/she/it could buy it physical.
How many PS5 digital they sold in 3 months? 2-3 mio. maybe. There you are.

Edit: How could you refund it accidently? I refund one PS4-game and it was a really clear process.

This may surprise you, but many people with consoles prefer digital versions over physical ones. You don't have to worry about changing discs, you can play whenever you want, life is just easier when everything loads up from the dashboard.

This may surprise you, but many people with consoles prefer digital versions over physical ones. You don't have to worry about changing discs, you can play whenever you want, life is just easier when everything loads up from the dashboard.
Yep. But if you bought the disc version. You'd have the option of both.

If you bought a disk version the patches would still come through whether you bought a PS or Xbox disk. I mean I get Xbox updates online, not via the Xbox store. Or are you saying the PS store won't even update if the game isn't available there for sale, the non-disk version?
I was wondering whether Sony was even providing patches. I guess they are, but I am not sure if that would be common knowledge. If people think Sony is not updating CP2077, they might not want to buy the disc for PS4.

As much as I believe It was a mistake CDPR thinking they could have this game available on old gen consoles, the fact is that they said it would, this must be their priority.
I want to see patches and updates asap, on PC, but we need to be realistic, it`s probably not happening anytime soon. Choombas on PC, should patient and sympathetic with those in OG consoles and be glad with what we currently have, ultimately we`re the ones who the least to complain about.
I hope to see happy console gamers soon so we can see NC expanding next.
I agree to a certain extent. I think they should have released an edition for each generation of console like most of the company's that are releasing games right now. I believe that the game should have been delayed again for launch to give developers the chance to create copies of the game for each era of console. They had pushed back the release for the game three previous times already and a fourth would have given them a chance to code for next gen and clean up for old gen consoles.
How can you say it was a mistake for CDPR to make the game available on old gen consoles when nobody in the entire world has the next gen consoles, save for a tiny portion of people, mainly content creators or those who bought scalped systems. Your general public doesn't fall into either category. They promised consoles 7 years ago and next gen wasn't available then, so it's pretty much a mute point. Nobody can use that as an excuse.
This I do not agree and is not a moot point by any means, Sony shipped 4.5 million PlayStation 5 units worldwide just in 2020 alone. That's not a small amount by any means and that figure doesn't include scalpers. Scalpers would be considered a third party sale and sale figures are based on retail sales only. If it was developed for next gen only and PC it would have been a better move imho. Seriously the game is too graphic intensive for old gen consoles so a beefed down version should have been made for them. I bought my PS5 on day one directly from Playstation Direct. Just saying...

IF Update 1.2 Fixes the majority of texture/FPS/Stability issues that PlayStation users on "base consoles" are dealing with, Sony will probably return the game back to the digital store. If you look now it does still say coming soon and trust me Sony wants that money, so if it can hit the minimum standard benchmark they're trying to with the next update I would expect to see it back by the end of the month. Again that assumes 1.2 comes out on schedule and it fixes the problems(or enough of them)

CP2077 got the brand that it runs like sh* on old gen. Sony sold 115.000.000 PS4 since release. And even if some of them are dust in the wind by now, they all got a disc-drive. So, if somebody would really want to play it, he/she/it could buy it physical.
How many PS5 digital they sold in 3 months? 2-3 mio. maybe. There you are.

Edit: How could you refund it accidently? I refund one PS4-game and it was a really clear process.

Bro, you literally hit one button and it refunds it. No confirmation or anything. I think Sony made it incredibly easy on purpose to screw with cd projekt red. I was on the fence about refunding but the last two patches actually made the quality of the game worse on PS5, others have stated this also, along with PC, they are lowring the population of NPCs and quality of the game to make it work on old generation systems. Companies like Ubisoft and other publishers make a PS5 n PS4 version of the game so that this issue isn't encountered. Needless to say... yes it was my bad for pushing that button and getting that refund but now I have no other way to re buy it cause i'm on a PS5 digital.

I still have hope for this game but sadly it is fading.
Post automatically merged:

Yep. But if you bought the disc version. You'd have the option of both.

But then you would have to go to the store during a pandemic an take a chance with your life. Digital, you enter your cc info and download, easy peasy....LOL

Last edited:
I was wondering whether Sony was even providing patches. I guess they are, but I am not sure if that would be common knowledge. If people think Sony is not updating CP2077, they might not want to buy the disc for PS4.

You can find videos on youtube comparing different patches on PS4, so yeah Sony must be updating the game.

You can find videos on youtube comparing different patches on PS4, so yeah Sony must be updating the game.
In that case, if a person wanted to bypass the PS Store for a PS4 purchase, they could easily get it from Amazon. My local Best Buy has it for pickup today, too.

I miss my old V, I was 13% into the game. Please, CD Projekt Red, get it back in the PlayStation store and have a PS5 version and PS4 version like the other publishers are doing.

Thank you

I miss my old V, I was 13% into the game. Please, CD Projekt Red, get it back in the PlayStation store and have a PS5 version and PS4 version like the other publishers are doing.

Thank you

"Next Gen" Version are slated to come out later this year, Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be super surprised if that got delayed especially after the hack... but for now i'm optimistic that my PS5 upgraded version will come out on schedule and bring some fun enchantments and new content with it. For the record I acknowledge the issues with the game but honestly I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

"Next Gen" Version are slated to come out later this year, Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be super surprised if that got delayed especially after the hack... but for now i'm optimistic that my PS5 upgraded version will come out on schedule and bring some fun enchantments and new content with it. For the record I acknowledge the issues with the game but honestly I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

Yes sir, sucks but I guess i'll have to hold off re buying it until the next gen version comes out.
Post automatically merged:

It makes no sense tho cause they basically had the next gen version already. Makes no sense that they are going to dumb it down for the old generation systems then have to rebuild it back up for the next gen systems. Why not just have versions for both systems right from the start and work on it like that?

Last edited:
How can you say it was a mistake for CDPR to make the game available on old gen consoles when nobody in the entire world has the next gen consoles, save for a tiny portion of people, mainly content creators or those who bought scalped systems. Your general public doesn't fall into either category. They promised consoles 7 years ago and next gen wasn't available then, so it's pretty much a mute point. Nobody can use that as an excuse.
Until when are you expecting your PS to run new games?
You have to accept at some point it won`t work anymore.
I`m on your side because CDPR gave their word, but your argument doesn`t change my mind.
I`m on PC and love CP2077, but there`s issues with the game that need to be addressed asap, but guess what, I need to wait for CDPR to sort it out first the PS... :rolls eyes:
PS4 is 7 years old, this is considered ancient in the tech realm. Imagine what would happen to NVDIA, AMD and the videogame companies if we needed to wait every 7 years before releasing the next big thing. If I assemble a new PC today, i`ll consider myself lucky if I can run a 2026 game, the reality though is I don`t think there`s no PC gamer that would really be expecting it.
Anyway, hope to see this PS issue sorted soon, so I can start expecting something solid from CDPR for PC.

Until when are you expecting your PS to run new games?
You have to accept at some point it won`t work anymore.
I`m on your side because CDPR gave their word, but your argument doesn`t change my mind.
I`m on PC and love CP2077, but there`s issues with the game that need to be addressed asap, but guess what, I need to wait for CDPR to sort it out first the PS... :rolls eyes:
PS4 is 7 years old, this is considered ancient in the tech realm. Imagine what would happen to NVDIA, AMD and the videogame companies if we needed to wait every 7 years before releasing the next big thing. If I assemble a new PC today, i`ll consider myself lucky if I can run a 2026 game, the reality though is I don`t think there`s no PC gamer that would really be expecting it.
Anyway, hope to see this PS issue sorted soon, so I can start expecting something solid from CDPR for PC.

Agreed, guess I'll be forced to wait for the PS5 version and won't rebuy the PS4, even if it comes back to the Playstation store, unless it's seriously discounted in price or a specific date is promised for the next gen release. Sad that it has come to this.

PS4 is 7 years old, this is considered ancient in the tech realm. Imagine what would happen to NVDIA, AMD and the videogame companies if we needed to wait every 7 years before releasing the next big thing.

Can we just stop this nonsense now. This game doesn't run well on the consoles because it has not been optimized for them. There is nothing about the game as it stands that the consoles can't handle and hasn't been done better elsewhere. Both the Xbox One and PS4 were released during the development for this game and were target platforms for CDPR. That is the important part. They sold it on those consoles, making it work is their responsibility.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, guess I'll be forced to wait for the PS5 version and won't rebuy the PS4, even if it comes back to the Playstation store, unless it's seriously discounted in price or a specific date is promised for the next gen release. Sad that it has come to this.

If the PS4 version is recertified for the PSN store, just buy it, CDPR confirmed before launch anyone who buys the "Current Gen" version is getting a free upgrade to the next gen version when it comes out, across all platforms. If you want to play the game and they get it working to an acceptable level and its available on the PSN there is no reason to wait, unless you want to wait for DLC and other enhancements before jumping back in.

I am pretty sure the "average" game you play is not even close to cyberpunk

It is objectively an average game. Visuals save it from worse as almost any game mechanic is lazy, badly implemented or outright broken.

Did a short check and any game I play has a better rating. So in a way you are right, normally I don't play games as bad as CP2077.

Last edited:

It is objectively an average game. Visuals save it from worse as almost any game mechanic is lazy, badly implemented or outright broken.

Ehm the synonym for average is mediocre, another one is midpoint, just for the sake of argument to make it clearer the best synonym is center.

In a scale from 1 to 10, 7.1 is more than twenty percent above average, that makes it factually good based on that score.

The story telling is outstanding, the actor performances is top of the line and the narrative touches on sensitive subjects with tact and care, that more than makes up for the standard gameplay mechanics present in the game (in fact I think the gunplay and melee combat are amazingly satisfying).

Do I even have to state the audio implementation of the soundtrack and sound effects?

Yeah it's more than just average by any means.

Although people find values in different ways which is fine :).

It literally says "Mixed or average reviews based on 28398 Ratings". So this seems to be metacritics definition of average / mixed bag. You can define it whatever you want of course.

For the versions CDPR is not as proud of it is even worse: "Generally unfavorable reviews based on 9645 Ratings" for PS4.

"More than average" does not necessarily mean a good thing.:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom