Playstation Store

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It literally says "Mixed or average reviews based on 28398 Ratings".

Yes that statement means that the score is calculated by averaging the numbers, it's a mathematical term not a quality term.

Apologies I was wrong actually, it does say that lol, they're skewing their own scores because average means literally 5 out of 10 not 7 out of 10, objectively speaking.

Until when are you expecting your PS to run new games?
You have to accept at some point it won`t work anymore.
I`m on your side because CDPR gave their word, but your argument doesn`t change my mind.
I`m on PC and love CP2077, but there`s issues with the game that need to be addressed asap, but guess what, I need to wait for CDPR to sort it out first the PS... :rolls eyes:
PS4 is 7 years old, this is considered ancient in the tech realm. Imagine what would happen to NVDIA, AMD and the videogame companies if we needed to wait every 7 years before releasing the next big thing. If I assemble a new PC today, i`ll consider myself lucky if I can run a 2026 game, the reality though is I don`t think there`s no PC gamer that would really be expecting it.
Anyway, hope to see this PS issue sorted soon, so I can start expecting something solid from CDPR for PC.
I've got an Xbox One X so it s not as bad for me as those trying to play on the original Xbox One or PS4. I've managed 2 playthroughs on CP2077 since patch 1.11 hit and it runs a million times better than when I attempted to play at launch.

I never get a new console until the 2nd run of hardware, which should be early/late spring for the Xbox Series X, and if I can find one, I'll get it. The problem is with next gen stuff is you can never get it unless you pay over manu prices to the scalpers and I'm not gunna do that.

One of these days I might get back into PC gaming like I used to, but in my old age of 61 it's just more convenient for me to go the console route. I've had an urge to build my own PC from the case up but just haven't started buying the components yet.

That really was my only point that CDPR promised the game on last gen and when they didn't deliver they really didn't deserve any excuses, even though the CEO gave plenty. Knowing full well it ran like crap on last gen and still releasing it was so not right. Cheers.
Post automatically merged:

I agree to a certain extent. I think they should have released an edition for each generation of console like most of the company's that are releasing games right now. I believe that the game should have been delayed again for launch to give developers the chance to create copies of the game for each era of console. They had pushed back the release for the game three previous times already and a fourth would have given them a chance to code for next gen and clean up for old gen consoles.

This I do not agree and is not a moot point by any means, Sony shipped 4.5 million PlayStation 5 units worldwide just in 2020 alone. That's not a small amount by any means and that figure doesn't include scalpers. Scalpers would be considered a third party sale and sale figures are based on retail sales only. If it was developed for next gen only and PC it would have been a better move imho. Seriously the game is too graphic intensive for old gen consoles so a beefed down version should have been made for them. I bought my PS5 on day one directly from Playstation Direct. Just saying...
That's great that you could get one day one but I don't buy new hardware until at least the 2nd run, which in the Xbox's case should be this spring. I did look for the first week of release but there was none to be found online anywhere. Hindsight is always 20/20 and in the case of CDPR they made their decision 7 years ago and now they need to honor it. I agree it would have probably been a lot better for them to have released only on PC and next gen, but...

If you look at to-date numbers there have been 115M PS4 units and 51M Xbox One units sold worldwide. To have shipped 4.5M PS5 units IS a small number compared to the vast majority of last units still out and being played. I'm not sure how long Sony and MS will support the last gen systems but I'd venture a guess it'll at least be 3-5 years. Game companies need to realize that and not lose out on the opportunity.

Last edited:
I miss my V...lol

I just bought the witcher 3 for 80% off to hold me over until it's recertified.

Last edited:
It's coming up on March and can't believe that we still can't even play this game????? Cdpr, just do whatever you have to do with Sony to get it re released in the store!!!! This is getting ridiculous already. By the time it comes out on playstation it's going to be old and outdated. This $$$ is burning a hole in my pocket and I want to spend it on cyberpunk so please get it back in the store!...

Maybe Cdpr can offer some kind of workaround for playstation digital customers??? Maybe offer a direct key from cdpr, if that's possible, that we can buy on the cdpr website that allows us to download and play this game??? There has to be some way to get this released on digital systems??? This really isn't fair and cdpr is losing $$$ from playstation digital customers who would buy this thing right now!

Last edited:
It's coming up on March and can't believe that we still can't even play this game????? Cdpr, just do whatever you have to do with Sony to get it re released in the store!!!! This is getting ridiculous already. By the time it comes out on playstation it's going to be old and outdated. This $$$ is burning a hole in my pocket and I want to spend it on cyberpunk so please get it back in the store!...

Maybe Cdpr can offer some kind of workaround for playstation digital customers??? Maybe offer a direct key from cdpr, if that's possible, that we can buy on the cdpr website that allows us to download and play this game??? There has to be some way to get this released on digital systems??? This really isn't fair and cdpr is losing $$$ from playstation digital customers who would buy this thing right now!
I dont understand this logic. There are thousands of games that are exclusives to PS and the Box. PC players should be given every opportunity to play those too instead of being victims of marketing.

No they can't.

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are masters of their consoles. Pretty much in the same way Apple has an iron-grip on it's iOS. If you want your product on their systems, you need to go through them.

Giving people a workaround would mean permanent expulsion from the Playstation store.

I'm pretty sure CDPR is planning on this next patch being the one that allows the game to be brought back to the Playstation store.

TL;DR - Be patient.

When will it be back?

When it's ready... ;)

IF Update 1.2 Fixes the majority of texture/FPS/Stability issues that PlayStation users on "base consoles" are dealing with, Sony will probably return the game back to the digital store. If you look now it does still say coming soon and trust me Sony wants that money, so if it can hit the minimum standard benchmark they're trying to with the next update I would expect to see it back by the end of the month. Again that assumes 1.2 comes out on schedule and it fixes the problems(or enough of them)

I think some of it relies on an unknown: How butthurt is Sony about this whole fiasco? They might still be really steaming about CDPR saying "ask Sony for a refund" without any prior communication. If so, they might seek to punish CDPR by keeping CP2077 off the PSN store even after it has been fixed.

Nobody except Sony knows the answer to that one.

I think some of it relies on an unknown: How butthurt is Sony about this whole fiasco? They might still be really steaming about CDPR saying "ask Sony for a refund" without any prior communication. If so, they might seek to punish CDPR by keeping CP2077 off the PSN store even after it has been fixed.

Could be. But i would bet money its due to the crashing. i've had 61 crashes on my Ps4 Pro, after the last Patch my friends Ps5 has been crashing every hour to 90mins. The crashing can not be good for the hardware.

When it's ready... ;)

Both companies lost and still losing $ over this. Their CEOs should sit down and have a nice talk, allow this game back in the ps store (xbox store didn't pull it), and stop acting like butt hurt children, and agree to make $ going forward and stop making the gamers, who want to play this game, suffer.

Both companies lost and still losing $ over this. Their CEOs should sit down and have a nice talk, allow this game back in the ps store (xbox store didn't pull it), and stop acting like butt hurt children, and agree to make $ going forward and stop making the gamers, who want to play this game, suffer.
I think Sony can handle the lost way better then CDPR.

Could be. But i would bet money its due to the crashing. i've had 61 crashes on my Ps4 Pro, after the last Patch my friends Ps5 has been crashing every hour to 90mins. The crashing can not be good for the hardware.

During my time with the game on PS5 I had over 100 crashes. 3 of those were severe ones where the PS5 needed a hard reset. The console then goes through a maintenance cycle to scan the drive for errors and warns you to power down properly or risk damage to your machine... it's not very fun on a brand new console to go through that. On my 3rd severe crash like that I uninstalled the game and resolved myself to playing other games till the PS5 upgrade is available later this year.

Each crash, normal or severe, was reported to Sony along with a video clip of last few seconds of gameplay. I assume I'm not alone in reporting and so rest assured that Sony sees how broken and janky this game really is. I am positive they have rich metrics and dashboards showing them just how broken this game is and are aware of the risk of actual hardware damage from just playing this game. All of this factors into their decision on when to put it back on PSN.

I just wish they would allow for digital download of the ps4 physical version. Then, at least, we'd be able to get in on the ps5 digital. I don't understand why this isn't offered considering all the bs that the consumer is being forced to deal with. Cdpr could at least give physical copy holders the license to download it digitally.

"Cyberpunk 2077’s disastrous PlayStation 4 launch is well documented, and Sony still sounds bitter about it. The game was ultimately removed from the PlayStation Store, where it’s remained absent for over two months now. The platform holder was also forced to completely alter its refund policy specifically for the sci-fi blockbuster. Needless to say, PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is p*ssed."

This dosent look good my friends.
Mwa... I wouldn't read too much into that. Also Sony also should do some self reflection.
But besides that. If you want the own a PS version of the game, why not just get a hard copy? If you fear the game isnt supported because its out the store, that has remained unaffected.
My PS4 game has received updates and is running on 1.11 for about a month now. Btw, crashfree and overal better running than a bethesda game for me.

Mwa... I wouldn't read too much into that. Also Sony also should do some self reflection.
But besides that. If you want the own a PS version of the game, why not just get a hard copy? If you fear the game isnt supported because its out the store, that has remained unaffected.
My PS4 game has received updates and is running on 1.11 for about a month now. Btw, crashfree and overal better running than a bethesda game for me.

Agreed, I have it on the ps4 pro. I just wish they would allow for digital download so that I can run the game on my new ps5 digital. Why not allow physical copy owners the license to download digitally? Other games are doing this in consideration that it's the only way to get games on ps5 digital but cdpr is just making everything complicated for even its loyal customers...smh

Good point actually. I seem to remember something about PS5 upgrade, but I cant right now remember in relation to what :LOL: I saw it in too fleeting passing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom