Playthroughs you never do

+
IIRC Karadin was no witcher.
Only a leader of a group of murderers and thieves etc.

But i did not let lambert kill him too, in the most playthroughs.

Because of this. Also he have changed.

yes he is a witcher

[video]https://youtu.be/wxavT2r0Gwg?t=159[/video]

Done 5+ playthroughs.....I dont

1. Romance Triss
2. Let the cat Witcher live
3. Never get the good ending.
the becoming a Witcher ending in my opinion is best

exp packs:

Save Olgerd, never let O'Dim win

Syanna must always die (no sex in the clouds either)

always fight Dettalaf, seems abit pointless not to end with out a good boss battle

Last edited:
I have tried most things but I have never done only a few and probably won't:

1) Let Junior live.
2) Not backed a Crate to the throne.
3) Taken Ciri to the Emperor.
4) Not made the "correct" choices to get Ciri killed.
5) Romanced Yen and Triss at the same time.

Things I did that I will never do again:

1) Let Radovid live.
2) Let Keira go to Radovid or kill her.
3) Kill any witcher. You are not a jury or judge. You are a witcher and only kill evil that will continue to kill people.
4) Make Ciri Empress.
5) Not send Letho to Kaer Morhen.
6) Side with the Crones.
7) Kill an sentient monster (troll, succubus, doppler, etc.) that promises to not hurt people. This is the foundation of the witcher's code and was made very clear in the DLC's.

Never let Keira end up dead- either way.
Never let Radovid survive.
Never let someone besides Cerys rule Skellige.
Never been on that stupid unicorn- it should have stayed broken!

Will not do ever again:
- Kill Junior (he's like Joffrey, simple death isn't worth it)
- Let Anna die and Baron hang himself (I like him because, he's like Robert Baratheon, LOL)
- Dead Ciri
- Dead Keira
- Romancing Triss
- Supporting Hjalmar or Svaringe
- Side with Djikstra
- Not kill Radovid
- Kill Gaetan
- Not Kill Karadin (it was Lambert's vengeance)

There may be a lot more, but these are the most important I think?

I just witnessed a Svanrige become King of the North uh King of the Isles, and I take my trashtalk back about this being against my personal cannon.

I loved it. :D

Will probably not do it again all the time, because of the place of power and to avoid failed quests, but Svanrige is far from being the worst thing ever.

I was extremely relieved that there wasn't a dead body in An Craite colours lieing around in a puddle of Hym poop in the spooky house on Spikeroog, nor another dead body in An Craite colours decorating the area next to the entrance of the ice giant's cave.

Both apparently survived their failed trials, and then took a longship and went to fight the Nilfgardian fleet, and hadn't been seen since. Oh well. Not nice but better than what I had expected.

Last edited:
I just witnessed a Svanrige become King of the North uh King of the Isles, and I take my trashtalk back about this being against my personal cannon.

I loved it. :D

Will probably not do it again all the time, because of the place of power and to avoid failed quests, but Svanrige is far from being the worst thing ever.

I was extremely relieved that there wasn't a dead body in An Craite colours lieing around in a puddle of Hym poop in the spooky house on Spikeroog, nor another dead body in An Craite colours decorating the area next to the entrance of the ice giant's cave.

Both apparently survived their failed trials, and then took a longship and went to fight the Nilfgardian fleet, and hadn't been seen since. Oh well. Not nice but better than what I had expected.

I prefer either Svanrige or Cerys to Hjalmar.

Always try to do different choices in my second playthrough, so I've done both romances, both endings/romances in HOS, different an Craites on the throne, state of the Northern Realms etc...

But I'll never let Svanrige become king (not because I hate him, just because I like Cery's & Hjalmar's quests....and that sweet XP), never send Keira to Radovid (I have killed her once, but at least it was quick) and never, never have any ending except Ciri as a witcher.

The first and so far only time I completed the main story I got the "Ciri becomes a witcher" ending, and I'm hoping to see a different one next (this?) time.
But not the "bad" one. :eek:

But I'll never let Svanrige become king (not because I hate him, just because I like Cery's & Hjalmar's quests....and that sweet XP), never send Keira to Radovid (I have killed her once, but at least it was quick) and never, never have any ending except Ciri as a witcher.
You can, in fact, do Possession and Lord of Undvik, but then remove yourself from the Skellige politics by telling Crach that you don't know if you want to help Cerys or Hjalmar. Then you only lose King's Gambit and the detective/revenge work.

That however means that the son of Holger, Blueboy Lugos, the grandson of Donar and a whole lot of unnamed party guests will die.

Either way, some people will die. Quite nice quest design. :)

I'm thinking of siding with Djikstra on my current playthrough. Three times I have always sided with Roche, and doesn't let Radovid to live because I want to protect the mages (Yen and Triss are mages too).

BUT, I don't feel comfortable with Djikstra. He didn't even risked his neck at the Battle of Kaer Morhen, which is why, emotionally, I feel the need to side with Roche, Ves, and Thaler.

Anyone who could convince me to dump Roche and friends?

I'm thinking of siding with Djikstra on my current playthrough. Three times I have always sided with Roche, and doesn't let Radovid to live because I want to protect the mages (Yen and Triss are mages too).

BUT, I don't feel comfortable with Djikstra. He didn't even risked his neck at the Battle of Kaer Morhen, which is why, emotionally, I feel the need to side with Roche, Ves, and Thaler.

If you want a North free of both Nilfgaard and witch hunts you need to side with Dijkstra. I also never betray Roche and Thaler, but if I did I would tell myself I'm doing it for the benefit of the North, which under Dijkstra would have a much more stable economy and society than under Radovid.

I can't convince you.

But I never felt a strong bond with Thaler in TW1. He was just a foulmouthed fence and former suitor of Shani. He was also a suspect in my investigations for a while. Yes, I later saved his life, but if Geralt fell in love with everyone he saves, he'd never stop the wooing. Yeah, he was also a secret service guy and speaking for the sister buggerer Foltest later on. Good for him.

For Roche, it helps to be antagonistic at the start of TW2 as long as you can without getting shot by Ves. That turns the happy go merry buddying with Roche in Flotsam into something much more forced and unpleasant. Then go with Iorveth. Yeah, loyalty issues arise again later in Act II, when Roche saves your life. But you can shape this into a "he only did it because it served his own purposes", too.

TW3 allows no such thing. You could let Ves die in Eye for and Eye. That removes the obstacle of "but Roche helped me at Kaer Morhen!" quite nicely, if that is the issue. And as for Dijkstra - recover the information about his treasure. He'll be much more favorable and, while still not risking his own life at Kaer Morhen or at the Poet Under Pressure, he will provide financial backup at both times.

It's also down to "what kind of person does it take to rule well?" thinking. Is it that shady ex-fence cobbler secret service guy, and his fiercely patriotic hypocrite (he kills Henselt, but he loves to throw the "Kingslayer" around as an insult. He hates to be called a son of a whore (because that's what he is), but it's his all time favourite insult, etc) - or it is that guy who has experience with politics and the brain to pull it off? And do you really want to be ruled by Nilfgard and that wifemurdering, incestoid emperor?

And one more question: Why would Geralt, who's not from Temeria and only went there by random chance in TW1 to begin with, feel fiercely patriotic about this country? So fiercely patriotic that it's more important to save this tiny part of the north while selling out the entire rest of it?

In any event: Doing a playthrough with choices you would never normally chose can be extremely entertaining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom