Please add a new, higher difficulty level!

+

• Yes! *take a potion*

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, I don't care about glory

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

to hear anything.

I dont care if I have to wait another year, I would just like to hear something official.

Considering how CDPR touted how excited they were to release a perma death mode prior to launch, I am just a little disappointed that we haven't heard anything since then.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love to be wrong - but I havent found any info since launch .

for the trolls -

yes i have already beat it on deathmarch, a while ago
yes i self policed my own playthrough without dieing - its just not the same

I'm not sure permadeath would work in a open world game, sure add it as a option for people who want it, but I wouldn't play it. I'm pretty sure I've died from falling off things and randomly being teleported into the bottom of the sea or into the air more than I've died from monsters killing me, so no not something I would play.

It's not, but a perma-death option isn't actually that much different and wouldn't really add anything significant to the experience. They have so many more issues to deal with atm, so I doubt this is high on their list.

Although I like the idea, I don't think I could do it in this type of game. I tend to die in the dumbest ways, by mistake. Would just frustrate me to no end if I kicked ass for 50 hours and then got lazy one night and had a swarm of Nikkers catch me off guard.

What would be cool is if they had special milestone saves that were far more rare than the current ones, with achievements tied to them. If you die you go back to one of these milestone saves.

Permadeath would suck with the existing way that Geralt dies by jumping off a ledge a bit too high. It would be quite annoying to defeat a tough opponent, only to then die for good because you thought Geralt could jump off that 10 foot ledge.

permadeath is exactly like restarting the game yourself. it's just a gimmick playing off certain "hardcore" mindsets. read: self flagellators.

what's the difference between knowing the game will turn off loading, and knowing you will turn off loading? none.

yep you can permadeath yourself easy by restart a new game, but i guess you would prefer to get an achievement with that, or something similar.

just take care not dying by falling of a roof muehehe.

to hear anything.

I dont care if I have to wait another year, I would just like to hear something official.

Considering how CDPR touted how excited they were to release a perma death mode prior to launch, I am just a little disappointed that we haven't heard anything since then.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love to be wrong - but I havent found any info since launch .

for the trolls -

yes i have already beat it on deathmarch, a while ago

seriously.. how does perma-death work on this game? Some times, for no reason Geralt can get pushed off a cliff or better yet when he's getting ready to enter/exit a boat some times he is teleported 50 feet in the air, fall down on the boat and die. That happened to me many times. So lets you played 100 hours and a glitch kills you.. how would that make you feel?

Iam playing hard core and restart when I die, I couldnt continue even if I wanted to.

When Iam dead its over, simple as that.

My friends tells me I need psychological help :p

If they can easily implement it I wouldn't mind it. It would actually bring a challenge to the game needing to plan out every move.

But I'm not overly concerned about the game not having it either.

If they can easily implement it I wouldn't mind it. It would actually bring a challenge to the game needing to plan out every move.

But I'm not overly concerned about the game not having it either.

PD is not really important to me, but a harder mode would be sweet.

Iam playing hard core and restart when I die, I couldnt continue even if I wanted to.

When Iam dead its over, simple as that.

My friends tells me I need psychological help :p

LOL I agree with your friend. Seriously though, if you enjoy playing that way, then why shouldn't you? :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CDPR already have permadeath at some point in development before scrapping it because they decided it didn't work/fit?

As has been stated, I really don't think permadeath would work in this game, if for no reason other than the fact that it's an open world RPG. If it were more linear like Witcher 2, then definitely. But not like this. I don't want to crush the OP's spirit but it's unlikely to ever happen.

here's an idea when you die in game delete your saves and start again there you have perma death mode. In the mean time I hope CDPR are fixing all kniwn issues from 1.01 - 1.06 ready for the 1.07 patch that way I can play again as i've not played since the 28th of may due to perma CTD bug on fast travel lol.

Why anyone would want permadeath is beyond me. You're gonna regret asking for that feature when you're sliding down a mountain at level 35 in Skellige, you accidentally slip, and Geralt breaks his neck.

Top Bottom