Please add a new, higher difficulty level!

+

• Yes! *take a potion*

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, I don't care about glory

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
There are too many ways to die accidentally in this game, it's probably why they got rid of the PD mode. I mean, I die more from accidentally getting lost underwater and drowning more than any other way.

you can just play, and if you get killed, exit to main menu and start a new game, easy

Yup. It's as easy as holding your hand above a hot oven.
Oh no, wait, it's not since there is no free will and humans often cut corners for convenience.

Ever hear of the expression: "I just couldn't help myself"?
It was invented for a reason.

If you are honest and honorable, an actual Hardcore mode is worse than self-policing - unless your goal is to possess this finished hardcore-savegame to show off.

I am playing on Death March with the target of a no-reload hardcore challenge myself, and I am self-policing.

When I take a whole minute slowly walking Geralt step-by-step to a ledge, but then physics blow him off for no reason and kill him.... from a drop that would never even kill us soft non-mutant gamers IRL, then I will definitely not delete my savegame. Hardcore mode would delete it.

If a chain of glitches or AI acting silly / getting stuck is the only thing that saves my ass, I failed, and the challenge should fail too. I would delete the savegame then - Hardcore Mode would not.

You get tired of waiting - for what ? CD Project to officially add a permadeath challenge eventho you claim you already completed it ? It's not their duty or responsibility to boost your pride or ego - hell knows they already deliver more content and effort than almost anybody else.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
That's how it will go:

"Finally a permadeath mode! ...And now back to browse Nexus looking for a mod to cheat my way around it, because that last death was unfair bullshit".

If you are honest and honorable, an actual Hardcore mode is worse than self-policing - unless your goal is to possess this finished hardcore-savegame to show off.

Think that's exactly what OP is eluding to. For which I don't necessarily blame them, but I also don't think it should be anywhere near a high priority with as many other problems that persist.

LOL I agree with your friend. Seriously though, if you enjoy playing that way, then why shouldn't you? :)

Yea its super fun playing like this, you get a nerve you wouldnt believe.... and you dont know the meaning of preparing for a fight without this. I also play with no fast travle,HUD etc

But I agree its not normal :p

Perma-death would make for a good update for those playing on consoles!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the beer belly griffin stuff was not mine... But the bear school and cat school sets were awesome too. But more armors in TW2 style would be nice despite of...

yes the beer belly griffin stuff was not mine... But the bear school and cat school sets were awesome too. But more armors in TW2 style would be nice despite of...
Mhm, I had a magic built on my first playthrough ad was quite decieved by the griffin set, though I'm playing a fast attack melee build and I must say level 1 and level 2 cat armor looks pretty badass and witcher-ish.

Death March suggestions

First I thought people claiming the game was too easy were just showing off. I had lots of difficulties playing the prologue on broken bones difficulty. However, in my current playthrough at level 13, wearing a witcher gear set, the game is getting easier by the minute. Death March has become the "story only" difficutly at this point.

I think the difficulty can be improved by some tweaks when playing on death march.

1. Enemy levels for all enemies +2
  2. Enemies deal 10-20% more damage (might be related to the first point)
  3. When encountering groups of enemies, like 4 drowners or rotfiends, add another (boss level) drowner
  4. Swallow, food and other potions can't be used in combat (I already apply this rule myself, helps a lot!)
  5. Potions are 75% as effective
  6. Signs are 75% as effective as well

Suggestions?

Nerfing abilities or adding hit point or damage bloat to enemies is a poor way to handle it, in my opinion.
Any game with a good combat system has intelligent game play mechanics that prevent spamming and directly reward or punish player's skill/mistakes.
Players who perfectly time their dodges, parries or blocking should be rewarded with brief stamina boost and little stamina loss. Spammers, should be punished otherwise.
Restore Igni stream to (a bit lowered) pre nerf values...but add a script that increases it's stamina cost/decreases effectiveness with subsequent casting, to prevent stun locking enemies. Same with Quen, with added slow down effect on each casting. Abilities must FEEL powerful, but game should have also mechanics in place to prevent player abusing them.
Yrden should have a slow down effect (up to max 75%) that gradually decreases over time...rewarding players who can cast it precisely near enemies at the right time, instead of exploiting enemy AI that blindly walks into it, while player waits from a safe distance.
Aard should have a knockdown chance also based on distance...to prevent cheap instant kills on enemies without placing yourself in danger. Enemies should also more quickly be back on their feet.
Aaxi should break, before Geralt tries to attack stunned enemy...it's a cheap tactic that requires little skill, in my opinion.
Added potion animation...it should be more simple, fast, more quick than chugging an Estus flask.
Added script that increases number of group enemies in a based on Geralt's level (in moderation..from 1 to max 5).
Adrenaline boost script that rewards players who are versatile and mix different abilities instead on repeating the same pattern.
Enemy AI improvements...they should feel faster, more agressive, especially in group on highest difficulty.
Slightly tone down Witcher gear and other overpowered equipment.
I'd rather see "next gen" games in terms of improving AI and core mechanics instead of resolution of textures and lighting effects.

Pleast add a new, higher difficulty level!

Hello everyone,

I love this game! Taking my time, doing sidequests.
But Death March is WAY too easy. I am constantly owerpowered. I find myself wanting NOT to become more powerful, because no matter what I do, there is always quests far behind me in terms of level.

In the end, it kills my will to explore and climb this game... Because I am already way too high.

PLEASE add a new difficulty mode, WAY more difficult! Where ascend the game would be a real exploit! Please allow us to say "Wow. I dit it!" (just like in Dark Souls).
Because victory without risk brings triumph without glory!

Thank you for even reading this post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom