Please add a new, higher difficulty level!

+

Please add a new, higher difficulty level!

• Yes! *take a potion*

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, I don't care about glory

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
I've been playing on Death March since the beginning, and am currently working my way through NG+ on that difficulty. For some reason, I found the base game more challenging than NG+. Took me dozens of attempts to take down the boss - you know who I'm talking about - in HoS, but this time around I performed the same feat on the second attempt.

I would welcome increased challenge, but not if that means just upping the hit points on the npcs or giving them better stats. Not a game designer myself, so I don't have any substantive recommendations to make.

I've been playing on Death March since the beginning, and am currently working my way through NG+ on that difficulty. For some reason, I found the base game more challenging than NG+. Took me dozens of attempts to take down the boss - you know who I'm talking about - in HoS, but this time around I performed the same feat on the second attempt.

I would welcome increased challenge, but not if that means just upping the hit points on the npcs or giving them better stats. Not a game designer myself, so I don't have any substantive recommendations to make.

The most bosses (in HoS too) are more easier after the last patch 1.11. It's writen in the patchnotes and in my opinion it's clearly noticeable. Now it's alittle bit to easy in my opinion...

The most bosses (in HoS too) are more easier after the last patch 1.11. It's writen in the patchnotes and in my opinion it's clearly noticeable. Now it's alittle bit to easy in my opinion...

Only at the lower difficulty levels, where there were complaints about it being too easy. If you're finding them easier on the harder difficulty levels, it's because you got better at it :)

Only at the lower difficulty levels, where there were complaints about it being too easy. If you're finding them easier on the harder difficulty levels, it's because you got better at it :)

That's of course possible :cool: but in my last playthrogh I played Death march and the fight against
Olgierd and his ghosts
was so horrible that I want break up... In that playthrough I play hard difficulty because of the trophy and I finished the fight at the first try. Are the differences between the different difficulties so heavy?!

Oh yes, there's a big difference. I can do B&B fairly easily, but can't handle DM on the big fights.

And the nerfing was checked by someone who went and looked at the files, after everyone was arguing about it. It was confirmed to be exactly as CDPR had said - the two lower difficulty levels were nerfed, the two higher ones weren't.

i think they could just make Death March a bit harder.. like for example give all monsters additional resistance to slashing, so using proper oils would be really beneficial. Right now even on DM, at latter stages you practically dont need to worry about not having proper oil applied on your sword at all..

Oh yes, there's a big difference. I can do B&B fairly easily, but can't handle DM on the big fights.

And the nerfing was checked by someone who went and looked at the files, after everyone was arguing about it. It was confirmed to be exactly as CDPR had said - the two lower difficulty levels were nerfed, the two higher ones weren't.

Thanks a lot. Good to know. In future only death march!!! :devil:

Thank you all for your support. I thought the idea would have fired the enthusiasm of more people, though!

I wonder whether it would not be the signs that are overpowered. In approximately any situation, I can one-shot eveybody, as numerous as they can be.
Aard ==> everyone down ==> and I just have to achieve them as easily as cutting flowers.

(I have a sign build).

CD-project were proud that certain areas had certain level creatures so you might not want to even fight them early on in the game but this is the flip side. if you miss a low level quest in the beginning, it's just lame later on :(

The problem is also that if you do every side quest, there is always quest (sometimes far) behind your level. Playing the game this way, even Death March besomes quite easy.

I saw this was an old post, but still work talking about as I still have seen no official announcements for permadeath.In my opinion, the game still needs to be patched/balanced before implementing permadeath. I would love to see it implemented too, as I've beat the Witcher 2 on Insane and was expecting the same option in Witcher 3. However, as of now, the quests are not balanced (you go on a level 8 or 9 quest and the reward is a level 2 sword). There's no consistency with enemy level. I attack a bandit camp with Geralt at level 6, there's level 7-9 enemies, and somewhere in the back is a level 20 archer. I go for my griffin gear quest where there are level 10-12 wraiths and suddenly a level 25 Leshen appears. At Geralt level 10 with relic level 10 gear , a level 1 wild dog or a drowner can still kill me in 2 or 3 shots on death march, yet a Wyvern at level 14 only takes off a quarter of my health. I have self instated a permadeath mode as well, and like the OP am staying honest to it, but sometimes the game's structure is just silly. Not to mention the falling deaths or the getting in/out of boat deaths. Hopefully one day they add it in, but certainly not now.

@moderator: why dit my thread get merged with a permadeath one?

I personnaly NEVER asked for permadeath. These are two different things.
Besides, now when you open this thread, you don't see my first message and you think that it's a permadeath poll.

Last edited:
@moderator s: why dit my thread get merged with a permadeath one?

I personnaly NEVER asked for permadeath. These are two different things.
Besides, now when you open this thread, you don't see my first message and you think that it's a permadeath poll.

Yes there's a difference in my opinion too! I agree with you @Glocon!

Thank you! Let us have difficulty without commiting hara-kiri at the first mistake =)

Or better yet, add both, like the "dark" and "insane" difficulties in The Witcher 2. Although if an enhanced edition is planned at all, then these may be reserved for that. And for the permadeath mode, the game first needs to be bug-free enough to make a death not at the player's fault highly unlikely.

You know what really makes game difficulty: limit potion availability by making that you need a lot more ingredient every time you meditate (you need only one ingredient so far) and make AI smarter. Also, no more unlimited bolts, seriously) I basically suggest some kind of survival mode along with a death march :geraltfeelgood:

After giving Permadeath some more thought, I realized there are accidental ways of dying, so yeah, Permadeath wouldn't work, but i'm for whatever else might add to tension that is sadly lacking from just about every confrontation. I started on Sword and Story(?) and slept-walked my way through several fights. Then I upped the "difficulty" level one.

:yawn:

Found the next to be the same, so went to DeathMarch. Uh, yeah. No recovery during sleep. Eat some bread, drink some water. Hardly even needed Swallow. Geralt didn't die until marching to Kaer Morhen when I let two bears have their way with him to see what it would take to kill him. I miss the days of old, when a CDPR game actually presented a challenge rather than sinking to the level of Bioware for crying out loud. 1 & 2 were good challenges in the beginning, but even with them, once you hit a certain level, Geralt became god-like. 3 is pretty much like that from the beginning unless you stumble upon a quest or monster that's far beyond Geralt's level.

So maybe something to do with graduating from the kindergarten alchemy, otherwise you might as well just do away with the potions if they're so easy to make and get ingredients for. And what's up with the unending supply of bolts? Reeks of DA's unlimited arrows. Seriously, I'm starting to suspect that EA purchased CDPR.

Love all the armor and weapon choices. That was a mind-boggling plus, but maybe they need to be lowered in protection and damage. How about the ability to take away GPS and cancel Witcher sense? Replace it with only being able to see things via cat and catch scents with a smell potion with both having high toxicity levels? Heck, up the toxicity for nearly ALL potions.

At least make the attempt at intellectual and game-play challenges.

Last edited:
Top Bottom