Please add HDR support to pc.

+
HDR would've been sweet, but I can live without it. TW3 having HDR support would've made my wallet bleed anyway, because then I'd have to buy one of these new HDAren't monitors. Let's hope there's gonna be a good HDR monitor soon.

It is kinda weird and kinda messed up that console users get to enjoy HDR support and PC doesn't. Both player bases bought the game and paid money, so they should both enjoy the same basic technical features IMO.

Please re-consider adding HDR to PC for TW3. It is somewhat of an insult to your loyal PC core fanbase to add it to consoles but not to PC.

Consider a way to monetize it (DLC, remaster, etc) if you must but please think about getting out there for PC users somehow. Your game is awesome and we want to keep playing it on PC, not on consoles.

I am joining the fight. I totally agree with what the HDR supporters here say! Well said everyone.

I think our demands fall on death ears.
CDPR are now just disappointing (again).
First they don't release upgradeu textures, shaders, lighting and effects made for PC - like what we saw before the famous post-E3 2013 DOWNGRADE.
why not get the water/weather effects? The smoke, fires and clouds? And the lighting and camera work? The better textures and models of some things? Better looking environment?
Game looks amazing but could have looked even better in some areas.
Why not release am Enhanced Edition?

Now we also don't get HDR. And why?
​​​​​
You know that some PC games like myself also hook their PC to TV 4K HDR displays.
It's time you put the PC fan base in the front seat and give some of those things.
Bring HDR to PC, make this version the truly superior one.

Hi guys,

We have no plans to add HDR on PC. It would require us to allocate some of our manpower back to The Witcher and right now we're fully focused on Cyberpunk 2077 and GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Thank you for your understanding.
Wow, that really feels like a slap in the face. I am a long time supporter of your games since the original witcher release. I have to express my dissappointment with the recent affairs of CDPR regarding the PC platform. The E3 demo back in 2013 and the final outcome was something that raised my eyebrow for the first time. Not only was this demo misleading towards the (then) unkown capabilities of the (now) current gen consoles but also false advertisement in general. I hope you don't make the same mistake again with CP2077 (which I look forward to very much). But now favouring the consoles with a state of the art technology like HDR for the upgraded consoles without recognising the third major plattform? I cannot see how this would be a major impact towards manpower anyhow since the architechture of Xbox and PC are very much alike. Don't get me wrong I also own a ps4 and I like the benefit of this platform but the unequal care strikes me a little lost for words. Sorry to say so.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

We have no plans to add HDR on PC. It would require us to allocate some of our manpower back to The Witcher and right now we're fully focused on Cyberpunk 2077 and GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Thank you for your understanding.
What about ubersampling that you have promised before release? :)

What about ubersampling that you have promised before release? :)

Ubersampling is useless simply increase the resolution of the game using DSR on NVIDIA and VSR on AMD and you will get the same result, or if you want more AA with a lesser cost you can use Reshade to inject 1x SMAA, you can also inject AA through drivers.

Ubersampling is useless simply increase the resolution of the game using DSR on NVIDIA and VSR on AMD and you will get the same result, or if you want more AA with a lesser cost you can use Reshade to inject 1x SMAA, you can also inject AA through drivers.
Well, it is not about uselessness or usefulness of this functionality, but more about CDP promises before release and what people have received.

a short reminder: this topic is about HDR.
It is related, because this is what you are going to get if you buy PC version of CDPs upcoming games like Cyberpunk. A lot of promises before release, and at the end PC version won't even have features that are included in console versions, because why devs should bother.

The Witcher 3 is one of the top 10 most selling games in Steam right now.
The number of the new PC players is growing quickly.
So that, CDPR is continuing earning money from the Witcher PC version. There is no excuse to forget the PC fan base.

While the HDR monitors are not so popular, a great number of PC players are playing the game in their HDR TVs ( like me).
Steam is thinking and helping PC players (with BIG PICTURE) that want to play their games on the couch in a living room.
A lot of new machines are built to stay in living rooms ( mini ITX says hi).
I love to play the Witcher game on big TV. The lighting effects of the game are fantastic, but I'd love to play the game with HDR. This game would be outstanding with HDR.

So I'd like to ask CDPR reconsider the decision about HDR support on PC.

Last edited:
Lots of promises have been broken all this time, HDR is just another slap, granted they never promise this on PC...but you also get the platform parity target on this game (HDR on consoles only brakes that promise). W3 has no more official support, they move on..and so should we.
We only can remember all this, when CP77 is release.

Hi! I installed witcher 3 GOTY version today and it seems to be in HDR. Atleast my TV shows the HDR symbol shortly to indicate the signal is in HDR. Whats happening? There are no settings for HDR in the menu?

Hi! I installed witcher 3 GOTY version today and it seems to be in HDR. Atleast my TV shows the HDR symbol shortly to indicate the signal is in HDR. Whats happening? There are no settings for HDR in the menu?

sorry mate. There hasn't been an update for HDR. Must be something hardware related with your TV input.

I do not understand how this game is not yet compatible with HDR on PC, please, we have many users of your game that we play on TV 4k HDR. The console version does have the patch. Why do we have to play your game without this feature? We paid the game just like the console users. Please, put HDR in the PC game.

Hi CDPR, so i’m adding my drop of wine - i’m about to get a HDR OLED tv and the 1st game I was eager to (re)play was this one. Because it’s the perfect game for HDR - contrasted, living, many dark scenes that can use detailed contrast, colorful in B&W, etc... so i’m disappointed to hear that HDR is supported for consoles but not for PC, and that CDPR aren’t planning to do it on top of that. This is a game that lasts for years, if not decade(s) with great replay value, so a HDR patch would really be appreciated, like you did for consoles. If it’s too much work, charge an extra! It’ll be well deserved and I’ll gladly pay it. (even if consoles had it for free - I don’t care.) If it's really that much complicated, then we'll still love the game and wait CP2077 for the HDR feature ;) But I still think Witcher 3 will be played and sold for years to come and would greatly benefit an adjustment to new technology HDR.

Last edited:
+1

I hope they will listen and offer the same feature for PC users.

Or i will have to buy it on PS4 Pro just for enjoying HDR in Witcher 3 for a new run.

No more beautiful 3D Vision and PC confort :( .

About that last part. Do I need a 3D vision monitor and package from Nvidia for that or can i just play 3D Wither 3 on my 4K TV? Also does 3D support 4K or is it limited to 1080p?
And where are we on this HDR thing. I am very dissappointed with CDPR

Still no HDR.

We can only hope that when the game eventually gets re released on next gen consoles, a "remastered" edition comes to PC, with support for HDR at least.

Top Bottom