Please add toggle walk in PC !

+

Should they add a push/hold to walk key

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's really frustrating running in front of NPCs during an important conversation while walking towards next place, and I'm aware even on PC, if you're following the NPC in the lead during that specific story, you will be forced to walk on the same pace as the NPC in lead, but it doesn't work on stairs, and turnning corners sometime breaks it too, it's just not as good as playing with a controller that you can keep your pace roughly the same as the leading NPC, and you can walk slowly at any point with a controller, but I'm on PC with a keyboard, I really really hope we can have toggle walk installed in PC version, so you can walk at the same pace with the leading NPC during a story telling session or you can just walk on the street like a normal person same as all the NPCs around you and completely immerse yourself into the world.

but now. being always faster than anybody else on the street break the immersion.:cry:

CDPR please add this on next patch or something, I'm pretty sure it's a super easy fix that won't even take the dev 10 mins to add it in. Thank you very much.

It's almost unfair to the Developers play this game with a keyboard and mouse the amount of work they have put into this game all the details and everything the world has to offer it's quite intense that is unless you have a keyboard if so you're forced to just run past everything, the game truly needs a push/hold to walk key for us keyboard users, I've noticed in the moments during the story missions when you're forced to follow behind a character it reduces your maximum speed to walking when this happens I am truly amazed at all the detail around me but that is the only time that I get to take in the atmosphere the rest of the time it just seems like more of a Far Cry arcade style running and shooting type of game and truly this game should not feel like an arcade shooter at all in my opinion I mean let's face it we've got two different functions that have two keys per function I don't need to crouch Keys as well as two different keys to scan things I can definitely change one of those to a Walking Key whether that be a push to walk or a hold to walk either way it would be greatly appreciated I don't mind the driving aspect having to constantly tap the w got used to that playing Grand Theft Auto but it doesn't work with this game when you're trying to walk around considering if you double tap the W or any Walking Key it'll suddenly force you into a Dodge which can be a little problematic at times other than that I have no issues with this game whatsoever well done great amount of graphics that is of course if you're Hardware can handle it lots to do and was definitely worth the wait

This and keybinding. I wanna press ALT for dash, and no double key. And G for hide weapon/wheel weapon.

Keybing is always better for pc users. It´s his game, but our way to play it.

This has got my vote! Right now there's mods for it but it's only a hold and not a toggle.

While i also want a Walk key i kinda get why they dident include it. All base keys around wasd is used already. I think its simply that easy.. a toggle key could work even if its not close by tho.

So far the only way to walk i found is maintaining right click, not the best ofc.
Unfortunately you have to find the perfect gun with just the perfect site for close-quarters in order to manage that constant right click I'm finding it difficult to find the right combination, what have been your favorites? so far for close-quarters I've been preferencing my Sidewinder and comrades hammer and the OverWatch rifle for long range

What does QoL stand for?.. please forgive my ignorance to this 😅
Quality of Life, you can walk with RMB but it's awful, reduces your FOV, reduces your hearing (As it focuses the hearing on the zone you're aiming at) so it's quality of life to have something fix that.

Are you able to map it to a different button that way it doesn't act as if you're trying to zoom?
These mods add more keys to your keybinds, e.g. walk is set on ALT and it's toggleable walk too I believe, they also have other mods for other keys, e.g. removing dash on double tap and giving it its own keybind which can be assigned/re-assigned to whatever you want.
By default there's no walk button so the community added it!
I have not tried any of these mods sadly however many people have as you can see.

I know there's mods available for this but they went ahead and updated the shift key to sprint toggle and, surprise, can't unbind it. Just implement a friggen walk toggle. Not asking you to reinvent the wheel.

Agree!

Skip toggle too! So I can skip down the street as a soulless Corpo and laugh at all the poor people.

Yeah, need that toggle.

So I have not been able to get the mods to work, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've tried a couple of them now with no luck kind of a bummer, been following the instructions to the T but it just doesn't seem to take

Top Bottom