Please adjust Gorthur Gvaed (Nilfgaard location) to remove overpowered synergy

+
Bringing up Blue Dream really derailed this, didn't it.
Considering they're reasoning behind giving Renew and Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream a provision limit I wouldn't say so.

"Developer comment: Renew and Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream are very difficult cards to balance as the only way to do so was not making powerful gold units. We have introduced a provision cap for their effects so the cards themselves can become more predictable, which lets us interact more with their provision cost. The numbers might have to be tweaked again in the near future, but we believe this is a much healthier direction for those cards.

Because those "rules" (not being able to replay high tier Golds) don't apply to a huge amount of Nilfgaard Card's at all and it will get even more problematic when they add even stronger Gold cards in the upcoming expansions, to be honest if stuff that easily let's you (Re) play the opponents most powerful Cards doesn't get toned down it will become incredibly hard to give Nilfgaard a strong archetype or a buff to the currently under performing existing ones which don't mainly rely on those tools because you still need to take those tools in to account when balancing the rest of the Faction.

Last edited:
So i decided yesterday use this deck, and i have to say, its really strong, but its not that easy to get the full potential.

Also, i whant to say about a game where RNG was entire at my side.

I was playing with this deck agains a "foltest, meve, blue stripes deck". I was in blue coin in first round, but whithout blocks and whithout poisons.

My opponent played one random card, then roche to get a blue stripe (but he was using royal inspiration, not inspired zeal) than i could kill the blue stripe. So, as third card he played foltest staying by 1 point ahead. I thought, screw this, i dont have nothing to kill or block foltest, so i will give this round and see whats happens.

In round 2 i could acess to joachim, coup and cantarella, also i have usurper in hand. So the combo was almost complete, i could use double joachim and try to get GG in the next round.

My opponent, having the same number of cards as me, for obvious, start to bleed me. I have put some cards and did the joachim combo with the hope my opponent pass. But he continues his bleed, until with 3 cards he played meve (and already has setup some blue stripes).

I though, i am ruined, meve will get a lot of points.

In my last 2 cards (usurper and, of course, cantarella), one turn to meve boost all the cards, i used usurper and didnt get back the spyes, just to have 2 points more. So my opponent played his last card.

I bring back spyes and was 2 points behind, so cantarella just need to give me 4 points. I played cantarella and voila, i get oneiromanci. So, with oneiromanci i could acess to invo and get one of my joachins back and win the round.

Last round - 3 cards - eco onei (i used to get acess to ball), eco coup and, of course, joachim.

Who is reading untill here is thinking...ok..he wins easily with this 3 cards. Yes, i win, but because RNG was too generous with me.

My opponent gets pavetta, also he has AA eco and Ves (does 2 damage and order gives zeal).

First round i played ball and he pavetta and bring backk all the blue strippes.

Second round i played joachim and get a VM hunter, so i used poison in pavetta and bleed in joachim. He played Ves, did 2 damage and was with his order to bring back all the blue stripes.

I thought, dam, i am fucked.

Last round i used coup in Joachim and VOILA, another VM hunter to lock Ves. That was a forfeit.

So, the deck its strong and still gets a lot of luck in RNG

Last edited:
Quadruple Joachim (enabled for free by the OP NG location card) is still too oppressive but no one takes this game seriously so no one cares lol.

Top Bottom