Please allow us to disable all Autosaves

+
/edit:
Weaver2077 posted a solution here:
From this post:

Anytime the game autosaves, you (or is it just me?) get this stutter, and the game autosaves like every 2 minutes so you get a lot of stuttering, it's rather annoying.

I found and enabled a hidden option in one of the config files that allows you to set Autosave interval up to 30 minutes, but either this doesn't work at all, or, what's more likely, Autosave triggers on a lot of other events like entering a new zone, finishing/starting a quest, finishing combat. Not sure, but altogether the autosave interval and therefore the amount of stutters is really a lot.

Could you please give us an option to disable ALL kinds of Autosave. Leave it on by default so nobody can complain about losing progress because the game didn't save for them, but please make it so we can choose to disable it completely. Quicksave and Manual Saves is good enough.

Thank you :confused:

Last edited:
Do you have a HDD or an SSD? I have an SSD on PC Andi have no stuttering during an autosave. Regardless, I agree you should be able to disable autosaves if you wish.

I also have an M.2, not sure about read/write but I think it's 3500/2500 mb/s.

Can you even get 5000 mb/s on Gen3 PCI-E? I thought that was Gen4 and so far only available to AMD chipset.

Do you have the game and the savegame location on the same drive? Not sure if that would make a difference but hey I'll try anything to eliminate those autosave stutters.

Yeah. Everything is on my C Drive. 1tb M.2 WD Black only about 50-60% full. Other than that, I have a 3tb external that I use for my random crap or games that don't care.

Guest 4481552

Yes, i remember disabling AutoSave n Skyrim back in the day, it helped me with crashes..

Mine's a Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB, 25% full. Bad stutter when saving. :cry:

I'll try a different M.2 if I can't find another solution but would prefer just disabling autosaves.

I can't tell when it autosaves. Maybe a bottleneck somewhere on your system. I do agree that it should be a setting though so if you want to turn it off you can.

I think its your saved game data file being over a certain amount.

EDIT: Nothing to do with your Hardware. Checkout the saved files wont load?damaged section. They were saying, has to do with saved game file size. Once 8192Mb limit your files corrupt. As coming up on this limit, loading times vary from 30s to 2mins, also the studdering with the autosaves.

Last edited:
how many hours in are you @Hysar

92:02, level 45 with 50 street cred.

1608368045701.png

Here is my pc set up. It is not new. Main components are 2-4 years old. I update parts every couple of years. Power supply is going on 8 years from the original build.

Motherboard: MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC – 2 years old.
RAM: 4 – 8 gig sticks @ 3200 MHz (32 gig total) – 2 years old.
Game is installed on: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500 GB – 2 years old.
Operating system installed on: Corsair Force GT (This drive is over 4 years old)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB – 2 years old
CPU: i5-9600K – 2 years old

Last edited:
People here saying bottleneck or SSD , check Dubstepzz video , the guy is playing ULTRA 4K RAY TRACING on the best hardware out there and as soon as the red auto save logo pops up he gets a stutter, I get a stutter no matter what playing at 80fps on Ultra with some tweaking in the settings and game-files

R5 3600
1080ti
32gb ram
SSD

Just let us fucking disable it or like witcher 3 make us choose the time between them, I know because of some sequences you can't save so the game saves it for you whenever possible so you can go back, I manually save all the time, I'd rather have to redo 5 minutes of gameplay then getting a stutter every single minute ...

yeah I dunno, my processor is definitely a bit on the older side by now, but otherwise I should be ok.

I have an i7-7700K
RTX3070
32 GB Ram @ 3600 MHz
OS and game is all on the same M.2 (Samsung 960 Pro), save games also go to the same M.2
Windows 10 x64 updated all the way

Could it be a bottleneck or something faulty with my setup? Yeah maybe, but if a lot of people get that stutter I tend towards no.

yeah I dunno, my processor is definitely a bit on the older side by now, but otherwise I should be ok.

I have an i7-7700K
RTX3070
32 GB Ram @ 3600 MHz
OS and game is all on the same M.2 (Samsung 960 Pro), save games also go to the same M.2
Windows 10 x64 updated all the way

Could it be a bottleneck or something faulty with my setup? Yeah maybe, but if a lot of people get that stutter I tend towards no.
All my friends get a stutter, there has to be something that's causing the issue, I have good temperatures aswell, I don't even need the game to auto-save for me to test if saving causes stutter, run press F5 (quicksave) instant micro-stutter

Been watching some Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay videos on YouTube and every one I watched also had that stutter on Autosave. Little more difficult to tell when watching a video but it's definitely there.

So I was looking into other ways to disable Autosave, but no luck. I also let the game build up 12 Autosave files, then went into Windows Explorer and set the Autosave folders & files to read-only. It's funny cause that successfully prevents the game from creating more Autosaves, but the stutter is still there as the game tries its best to create one anyway. :shrug:

Top Bottom