Please change this while developing Cyberpunk or improving red engine

+
Please change this while developing Cyberpunk or improving red engine

I gave up Witcher 3 thrice within the first hour of gameplay. There's just one problem: motion sickness. The game makes me dizzy and put a lot pressure on my eyes.

And I played with BLUR and MOTION BLUR DISABLED.

Yesterday I got my ps4 complete edition. I'm still having a hard time playing it this time around. Then I finally figured out where the problem is:

Even with blur and motion blur toggled off, the game STILL BLUR WITH THE SLIGHTEST MOTION. Maybe not everybody could feel it. Some of us definitely do.

I guess this is why some of us still feel nauseous with motion blur off. Together with the sometimes sluggish control and bright hue.

Even when you panning the world map, any drag would cause the whole world map blurring.

Then it's a inherent one. I'm not a professional I can't point out whether it is the engine or programming, but why is this happening? Why letting this happen? I would really appreciate someone shed some light on this topic.

I have barely run into any game with this kind of problem other than Witcher 3. It just make the game experience horrible for some of us. Is it just happening to every game, but more obvious in this game?

I really like the plot, the quests, and the system that actually make sense. All things look beautiful, until one makes a move. This discomfort have made it so hard to continue.

And if you guys could, please change this while developing Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Even with blur and motion blur toggled off, the game STILL BLUR WITH THE SLIGHTEST MOTION. Maybe not everybody could feel it. Some of us definitely do.

I played Witcher 3 on a gaming laptop (until it broke) and now I play it on a TV, and this games has not the SLIGHTEST blur effect integrated or any motion blur on every screen I have ever used......
I am sure this is a problem with the screen or monitor you use ;)

While we are at it, add a native FOV slider. It is not like we are playing competitive multiplayer.

This is your tv/monitor issue. basically most display screens today have this kind of problem to some degree. some of them are negligible while others are horrible. however you can't find any thing like this in good old CRTs but those are considered relics nowadays, aren't they?

by the way don't bother reading through lots of stats such as refresh rate, response time, etc. the real problem is different time delay for changing the pixel color depending on its current color. for example gray to red time delay is different from blue to red.
there are different methods for reducing or even eliminating this nasty effect but I recommend you to watch a fast paced action clip on any display before buying it.

If you have not done so already, you may also want to consider disabling other shaders , such as Depth of Field. I find this helps in my case - fancy shaders often make me feel a bit queasy, even though I get good FPS.

Top Bottom