Please consider having a playable demo.

+
A demo is unnecessary at this point: considering the upcoming gameplay reveals and add campaign, I think everyone will have a good idea if the game suits them or not.

However a pre character creator would be more than welcome. I don't want to spend hours just to get a character right the day the game releases. Just wanna play the damn game.

Although it sounds silly to say, I would like them to do what Sims done, thats right, The Sims. They released a character creator before a launch of one of their later games. I'd be amazing that if the character creation chunk could be taken out and used pre-launch.

It'd be even better if they can enable modding JUST for the character creation kit (with limitation to stop meshes getting "fuzzy" during cut scenes) because from what I've seen, and yes I know it was an early build, I just hope they enable variety in whatever way that seems feesible.

Character Creation and maybe one or two fights to test for example few weapons, again something like Resident Evil did, they don't need to give us full first chapter or so.

Late summer probably...

At some point it would be healthier for cdpr to start advertise the actual videogame, instead of the cheap merchandising.

At some point they should on this I do agree, Because I remember something very similar happening with Fallout 76, Where they focused more attention on selling cheap bobbleheads then they actually did in making the game,

However, I do think that the actual plan in the first place was to release the game in April, But then the Virus hit a month or two before April, And now lots of places are shut, And shipping anything is pretty much going to take longer then it usually does, Because the post-office is rightfully worried about possibly contaminated packages and letters,

Now if for the sake of argument CD Projekt Red did release Cyberpunk 2077 in April, Take a moment and imagine how many people would brainlessly harass CD Projekt Red over very likely late preorders of Cyberpunk 2077 and other merch, Especially when the post office can't ship them as quickly and safely as they usually do.

Also I think that the gameplay that CDProjekt Red is going to be previewing in IGN's “Summer of Gaming” digital event taking place in early June, Is likely going to be a re-tweaked launch trailer that they would have originally been using in april,

Basically I would say that CD Projeckt Red is actually being very smart and professional in delaying a release during this time,

Yes it sucks, Oh so very much, But it is necessary, Everyone will be much happier gaming with Cyberpunk 2077 later this year when they don't have to worry about Corvid so much.

At some point they should on this I do agree, Because I remember something very similar happening with Fallout 76, Where they focused more attention on selling cheap bobbleheads then they actually did in making the game,

See, that is problem when game company start to focus too much on other stuff, and not a game, t-shirt, bags, mugs, other useless stuff.

Only why i would ever buy Collector Edition of a game is if they give me figurine, but that also depends from figurine model, if i like it if is made good and in high quality.

You are game company known best for games you make, no one going to remember game company from other stuff like shirts, mugs..........

You are game company known best for games you make, no one going to remember game company from other stuff like shirts, mugs..........

It kinda works the other way round. Once you become a company known for the games you make - and CDPR became such a company after Witcher 3 - you're free to focus also on other things like merch and make an extra buck out of it.

It kinda works the other way round. Once you become a company known for the games you make - and CDPR became such a company after Witcher 3 - you're free to focus also on other things like merch and make an extra buck out of it.

that being said, me and i think most of the other ppl will remember a company because of the quality they delivered. On the games and all the other stuff around. I bought the samurai sweatpants and i just ordered a second one, because the quality is outstanding (and they are comfy af ;) )

I never said they can't focus on other stuff like merch, but first and and most important need to be games, and many more people still know CDPR from Witcher games, not many know them for their merch line, many don't even know that CDPR have their own store for it.

I never said they can't focus on other stuff like merch, but first and and most important need to be games, and many more people still know CDPR from Witcher games, not many know them for their merch line, many don't even know that CDPR have their own store for it.
For me it's less that I know that they have a store, and more that they don't have a store for my region yet, Live in Australia btw.

Well, there is no Serbia to pick on store page, so i need to pick Croatia if i want to order something, but that would probably make a mess in shipping.

High time to get back on topic.

Of course,

I think that realistically the only reason that we would even be close to getting a demo is if there was something that CD Projekt Red really wanted to playtest first and wanted some general community feedback, As to how it functions and interacts with other systems,

Mainly because we're extremely close to the end of the development cycle, and that unless the game in question is in early access or being previewed at E3, You don't usually see an overall majority of videogame demos in this day and age.

I think just character creation would make a lot of people happy :D
I know i would be happy with it so would my brother both of us already preordered the game. My brother blew like 5 hours just on character creation on more than few games that had deep options.

As for a demo I dont see it happening if they slapped together a 10-15min quick nonstory connected mission where play as just generic cop or something, maybe someone thats gone psyco threw like swat style combat mission to where those on fence could get feel for combat style and mechanics of game. It would be nice and not put any risk of spoilers

Top Bottom