Please devs lower games required graphic performance

+
platlikeme;n7041330 said:
yes, that's all ? How about answering question related to this topic - because we need you and your connection to dev team. Will they even think about changing game performance or no? or you are the moderator who doesn't do things to the end. Please contact dev, or supp team member who can answer this question. Because this game WILL loose a lot of people with crappy graphic card, and a lot of money - in game shops.

P.S even if buying the key - could be scam, this game deserves this risk. :)

As you can see in this thread, REDs do read this forum :) So your concern has been noticed and answered.

The game used around ~2,5GB VRAM (1080p max settings), I think that is what he meant.
Imo that is INSANE for a game like that, hearthstone uses a few hundred MB.

Here's a screenshot of me running the game.
In the top left corner next to "Mem": first number is VRAM- and the 2nd one is RAM usage.
http://imgur.com/a/IWN6z

there should be an option to kill all animations. gwent is unplayable on 1,5k usd ultrabook. you have to use the lowest resolution.

platlikeme;n7027070 said:
I am sure that with lower graphic requirement you will achieve more popularity and money from gamers around the world. I am using integrated video card, ram 4gb processor i7. -> I am playing The Elder Scrolls: Legends, Duelyst, Heartstone etc, with high quality, and these games don't lag.

P.S I am saying this because i bought key today, and after playing for 5 min I very enjoyed and loved this game, but due reason of game lag i could enjoy playing this game so I deleted it. And now I am waiting and hoping that i would be able to play it without lag.
Hope Devs will see this topic and answer it by saying something else that lower graphic performance(i did it already) or buy new pc.
Thanks.

hate to be the one to tell you but running 4 gigs of ram with an i7 is horrible and I highly highly doubt your not getting any lag on high settings (maybe high settings custom with things like aa, and all the enhanced eye candy stuff off) unless your running a 970 better 980ti or better titan, or into the 10 series, I mean I can run Witcher III on a core 2 quad with a nvidia 9800gtx + but it doesnt mean I should........

we are heading into a new year being the game is schedualed for release in 2017, to which and though unrelated to this VR min reqs is a nvidia 970 or equivilant to run. trying to run a game now a days on a laptop or pc with no dedicated gpu and running off the integrated chipset with less than 8gigs (min) 16 or better (max and recomended) and wondering why you have lag issues and other problems ...... ......

and Trust me folks I am not knocking anyone who is running an older system, I am 36 and have had 4 pc systems in my life since I was 18, a pentium 3, a pentium 4 (which I ran up until a year after black ops 1 was released and a buddy sold me my next system just so i could run the game I preordered), a core 2 duo (which again I ran until a game I wanted came out that required a faster proc which I bought a core 2 quad to put in), and now the system I have now which is a fx series amd 8 core...... with in these systems have only had 5 different gpus 3 of which were hand me downs, so in reality I have only bought two gpus in my life, first being an 8800 gt, second ever owned was a amd of some sort, then a set of 9800gtx + which were given to me one of which died, a amd 5570, and now my nvidia 970,

so I of all people know what it is like running on old systems and trying to make do with what I have, I mean hell ran boarder lands 2 on a pentium 4 which only had 4 gigs of ram and the 8800 gt gpu...... ....... ran witcher III on a core 2 quad system with a 9800gtx + (which is not a dx11 card by any means) granted was only getting 16fps, and had to run on low low settings but it ran.....

so honestly I think its less about the games settings and more about the hardware and how its set up

I do agree though, the graphics settings could have more functionallity but should not by any means take away from the people who can run it on ULTRA ULTRA.......

also to those of you experiencing said graphical issues I suggest turning off or making sure its turned off the 4k function. (that may solve some issues for those who are not running integrated graphics)

@Rage2020
He was not talking about playing 3D games with stable 60fps on his i7. He just listed card games, you don't need a gtx 970 to play hearthstone on high.
I also think he's running a dual Core mobile i7, since he only has 4gb of ram (yeah, Intel is fooling Laptop buyers by calling weak dual cores "i7" to trick people into buying them).
But he STILL should be fine, when playing a god damn card game.

ccv123;n7051890 said:
@rage2020
he was not talking about playing 3d games with stable 60fps on his i7. He just listed card games, you don't need a gtx 970 to play hearthstone on high.
I also think he's running a dual core mobile i7, since he only has 4gb of ram (yeah, intel is fooling laptop buyers by calling weak dual cores "i7" to trick people into buying them).
But he still should be fine, when playing a god damn card game.

actually, any of you try playing either of the "Poker Nights at the inventories" on steam with your set ups? bet you will bet getting close to the same issues your getting on here, it may just be "a card game" but so isnt zynga poker on facebook. I honestly would rather have something graphically intensive, than a bland looking boring game that is similar to every other card game I have ever played just so it would fit "OLD SYSTEMS SPECS" criteria......

and yeah laptops, I mean who uses a laptop to game?

Last edited:
Rage2020;n7069650 said:
and yeah laptops, I mean who uses a laptop to game?

Gaming laptops are a scam. Laptops these days are too thin to have space for the cooling required by a good GPU

gnarbrag;n7070240 said:
Gaming laptops are a scam. Laptops these days are too thin to have space for the cooling required by a good GPU

I agree, yet at the sametime I have a cellphone adn two tablets that are running core two duo or better equivilant chipsets, both my and my wifes cellphones are running nvidia gpu (though they are mobile and i know im not going to run like fallout four, but can still run deadspace I and II, which are on the google playstory)

but yeah that is why I asked who is running a laptop to game on these days? I meant that sarcastically...... I mean do they even have mobile liquid cooling for laptops? lol

Rage2020;n7071060 said:
I agree, yet at the sametime I have a cellphone adn two tablets that are running core two duo or better equivilant chipsets, both my and my wifes cellphones are running nvidia gpu (though they are mobile and i know im not going to run like fallout four, but can still run deadspace I and II, which are on the google playstory)

but yeah that is why I asked who is running a laptop to game on these days? I meant that sarcastically...... I mean do they even have mobile liquid cooling for laptops? lol

people who travel a lot. Soldiers etc etc.There are plenty of reasons to use a notebook to play games instead of a desktop machine. And a card game should run on them. If not, it's lost money and when ppl say "oh, you wanna play this on a laptop, why would you , muahahaha" I think they are pretty ignorant.

Last edited:
nothing ignorant about it, (also name calling is uneeded and unwanted thank you) and there is a difference between a laptop pc and a notebook. There is a hudge difference when running a Laptop or Notebook with a dedicated mobile gpu and running one with out. Not to mention countless other hardware specs and speeds, and capabilities. Yes it is a card game, but so isnt magic the gathering, Yugio, Texas Holdem, Clash Royal and so on so forth, each being able to run on specific and certain hardware reqs. with certain graphics requirenments and proc speed reqs, and ram or memory counts and speeds. That is why hardware req are stated with in the games system reqs. This "card game" has allot of particle effects, eye candies, motions, animations, and o on so forth. I agree it should be able to run on mid to high end laptops, but I do not think they should recode it to run on something that is 4-10 yrs old that doesnt have a dedicated gpu........ and I def do not think it should run on something newer with a newer chipset with out meeting the systems reqs or with out a dedicated gpu on max settings. If it did and does, then what is the point for the rest of us who spend and spent the money on the hardware to run the eye candy 4k res games when we could have just bought a run of the mill economy pc and still get the same effects.

I would agree with setting a lower setting req for minimums, but keeping it the way it is for the rest of us....

Oh and by the way Koaalar, I have friends who game on laptops and are able o run more graphically intensive games than this, just saying. The variety with pc systems, laptop systems, is hudge, and unfortunatly not everyone will be catered to, nor happy with decisions made. I just hope my explination gives you some understanding of what I was trying to say.

ok guys, I am about to try playing this on my core 2 duo laptop with an integrated graphics chip, and only 4 gigs of ram/memory

its a toshiba satelite with a 1.86ghz duo core mobile

I will post weather it plays or not, as well as if I experienced any graphics lag, stuttering, freezing or any other issues that would be hardware related."

further more, I was not attempting in any way to hurt anyones feelings, or upset anyone.. My statements in this topic were more to do with how games of the next few years are going to be designed to push the boundries, (which really at the core creation of them were designed to do just that, the very first games on pcs were created as trouble shooting tools)

so here goes nothing (and I think it would be great if it does work on older systems as well as mobile devices such as cellphones and tablets, woudl def give a hudge customer base or player base)

1366 x 768 is the res low settings

so far it is a bit laggy but still playable, the lag I am getting is probably because of the particle effects, if not for those it would be running smootly

k so i completed a match, the issues I was getting even on an old core 2 duo mobile cpu, wiht no performance gaming gpu and just using the onboard chipset .... was mostly from particle effects, adn when any type of shimmering and the like were used

a notable thought is I was also running wireless internet, which eventhough I am less than five feet away from my wireless n router, one has to take into account that as well, being my router is configurated to put more bandwith to my gaming rig landline and less through wireless, how ever wiht that said I feel that only would account for a very small percentage of the issues with laglike experiences ....

those are my thoughts ......

P.S. I am pretty sure those of you running a better laptop with newer, faster, more powerful hardware with at least dx10 or better, should have no issues running this game on low settings, you will experience some minute issues, and the game may not feel as smooth as you would like but it should very much be playable between low to med settings. and again that is with out knowing what you have running in the background, your exact system specs, and hardware configurations, as well as if your wireless or not, and the distance between you and the wireless router or what is between you and the router, as well as your routers configuration.....

I mean to say IF you are running off your buddies wireless net from two houses away, then yes your going to get some lag issues but that is not graphical,

and if your running a non dedicated gpu, meaning running an integrated chipset gpu, then yes your also going to experience some issues, as yoru processor is taking on the bulk of both the processing, and the gpu processing as well as any physics (if there are any).....

hope this helped alittle bit clarify some of the hardware, software, lag issues, or gameplay feeling not all that smooth or responcive ........

I wish I knew how to set up streaming so i could show you guys exactly my experiences .....

anyways best regaurds

Rethas;n7042800 said:
Right now we aren't focused on performance, we will be looking to optimize things more in the future though :)

The closed beta is mainly focused on game balance and server stability.

servers seem stable enough for me, I have not experienced any shut down issues, server lag or errors, or anything of that nature

only server side, problems or bugs I encountered I have posted in another topic

which was I go into matchmaking, it then tells me opponent was found, as it hits the loading screen a second or two goes by, and then I find myself back in deck selection having to reinitialize matchmaking agian

Indygo;n7043180 said:
Can you explain why a game of this nature takes 2.5 gigs of ram? It seems absurd for a game of this nature even in development to use that much ram...

Just because I am curious, would there be anyway for you to take a screenshot of the ram usage and send it to me? I want to compare that data to what my main rig is using and what my laptop is using while playing but would like it to be factual (not saying I do not trust you when you say it takes over 2 gigs, but its more to do with a visual, and comparing, ......

Rage2020;n7084860 said:
nothing ignorant about it, (also name calling is uneeded and unwanted thank you) and there is a difference between a laptop pc and a notebook. There is a hudge difference when running a Laptop or Notebook with a dedicated mobile gpu and running one with out. Not to mention countless other hardware specs and speeds, and capabilities. Yes it is a card game, but so isnt magic the gathering, Yugio, Texas Holdem, Clash Royal and so on so forth, each being able to run on specific and certain hardware reqs. with certain graphics requirenments and proc speed reqs, and ram or memory counts and speeds. That is why hardware req are stated with in the games system reqs. This "card game" has allot of particle effects, eye candies, motions, animations, and o on so forth. I agree it should be able to run on mid to high end laptops, but I do not think they should recode it to run on something that is 4-10 yrs old that doesnt have a dedicated gpu........ and I def do not think it should run on something newer with a newer chipset with out meeting the systems reqs or with out a dedicated gpu on max settings. If it did and does, then what is the point for the rest of us who spend and spent the money on the hardware to run the eye candy 4k res games when we could have just bought a run of the mill economy pc and still get the same effects.

I would agree with setting a lower setting req for minimums, but keeping it the way it is for the rest of us....

Oh and by the way Koaalar, I have friends who game on laptops and are able o run more graphically intensive games than this, just saying. The variety with pc systems, laptop systems, is hudge, and unfortunatly not everyone will be catered to, nor happy with decisions made. I just hope my explination gives you some understanding of what I was trying to say.

I would like to say, I have changed my stance on this, after thinking about it for a while.... I still agree with most of it.... and i def agree with what i stated about not changing the coding to fit older systems needs and requirnments. The part I thought about and changed my mind on is

and I def do not think it should run on something newer with a newer chipset with out meeting the systems reqs or with out a dedicated gpu on max settings. If it did and does, then what is the point for the rest of us who spend and spent the money on the hardware to run the eye candy 4k res games when we could have just bought a run of the mill economy pc and still get the same effects.

though I still think systems should meet the minimal reqs or at least strive to, I want to change my thought on the spending money on the hardware to run the eye candy stuff in 4k, ...... run of the mill so on so forth part

I still say the systems that outdo the system reqs, should not have to suffer and have to dumb down thier systems to run a game, but I do feel as though the systems that are hitting the min reqs should be able to play it with out stutter, or other issues, with lag or what not.....

my change of heart is do in no small part to my running it on an older laptop attampt ........ adn knowing that if it can run on this old laptop then it should by all means run on some of the newer laptops with out issue

Top Bottom