Please disable controller recognition!

+
I play my games via Xpadder, as it's much more comfortable for me to use a joystick rather than a mouse, but I can't play the game because it picks up both inputs. Borderlands 3 had a simple "Disable Controller" toggle that fixed this issue entirely, I don't understand why this keeps being omitted from AAA games. Please fix this issue!

Having the same problem as you guys. I use Xpadder with a playstation navi/mouse hybrid set up that I created almost specifically with "immersive sims" in mind. For the last 5 hours I've been trying to find the game.setting ini or the config file to disable or bypass auto controller recognition. I've tried running xpadder in admin, using joy2key, using steam controller to set up my navi, using xpadder and ds4 together, opening xpadder in admin then opening cyberpunk to give correct priority, nothing. CP2077 takes priority and just wont recognize my navi. It doesn't conflict and switch between pc keybinds and ds4 controls, it just doesn't recognize it at all which is even weirder.

my ps4 controller has analog drift on the right analog stick so I can't even use it as a horrible backup! :(

Having the same problem as you guys. I use Xpadder with a playstation navi/mouse hybrid set up that I created almost specifically with "immersive sims" in mind. For the last 5 hours I've been trying to find the game.setting ini or the config file to disable or bypass auto controller recognition. I've tried running xpadder in admin, using joy2key, using steam controller to set up my navi, using xpadder and ds4 together, opening xpadder in admin then opening cyberpunk to give correct priority, nothing. CP2077 takes priority and just wont recognize my navi. It doesn't conflict and switch between pc keybinds and ds4 controls, it just doesn't recognize it at all which is even weirder.

my ps4 controller has analog drift on the right analog stick so I can't even use it as a horrible backup! :(
There used to be a trick with x360ce where you could have it spoof some .dll and it would block games from recognising controllers as inputs. I've been fiddling with it for the past few hours but I've forgotten how it worked or it just doesn't work at all. It's an utterly abysmal tendency of devs to just bake this into the game and have no off switch.

I got the game not to recognize the controller, though Xpadder, Antimicro, and others are all not working with the game right now.

Little update on my progress, I finally have partial virtual emulation working on my playstation navi/mouse setup using the GOG version. I'm using a program called reWASD doing a 14 day trial. I'm not sure how this program differs but so far I'm able to map wasd to analog movement, analog stick in to sprint, L1/L2 (crouch/jump,) and my d-pad keybinds. I'm having conflict issues with the X, O, and playstation button (which I usually map to quick save/esc) overriding in game though.

I'm still messing around with it but right now I have like a 85% solution to this issue! If I get this working correctly I'll post it all over asap

quick edit: I just did a test to remap my wasd to the arrow keys and it worked perfectly.So this may be a work around for people who just to external rebind keyboard keys.

Last edited:
Little update on my progress, I finally have partial virtual emulation working on my playstation navi/mouse setup using the GOG version. I'm using a program called reWASD doing a 14 day trial. I'm not sure how this program differs but so far I'm able to map wasd to analog movement, analog stick in to sprint, L1/L2 (crouch/jump,) and my d-pad keybinds. I'm having conflict issues with the X, O, and playstation button (which I usually map to quick save/esc) overriding in game though.

I'm still messing around with it but right now I have like a 85% solution to this issue! If I get this working correctly I'll post it all over asap

quick edit: I just did a test to remap my wasd to the arrow keys and it worked perfectly.So this may be a work around for people who just wand external rebind keyboard keys.
Good stuff, I hope it works for you.

Quick question, I assume you're using an actual controller? If you set the program to emulate one stick as the mouse, does it work?

Good stuff, I hope it works for you.

Quick question, I assume you're using an actual controller? If you set the program to emulate one stick as the mouse, does it work?
Right now this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51GfYEDNdHL._SL1284_.jpg which is 1 half of the old playstation 3 navigation controllers with my logitec mouse. DUDE I just tried it for you and it works! I set my analog stick in a drop down menu to "emulate mouse" and now my analog stick acts like the mouse pointer. You even have a decent amount of options to alter its speed, or combine actions, ect.

Right now this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51GfYEDNdHL._SL1284_.jpg which is 1 half of the old playstation 3 navigation controllers with my logitec mouse. DUDE I just tried it for you and it works! I set my analog stick in a drop down menu to "emulate mouse" and now my analog stick acts like the mouse pointer. You even have a decent amount of options to alter its speed, or combine actions, ect.
Oh I'm sorry, I was meaning does that work in game. I was trying to figure out a way to use emulation to move the mouse cursor in cp2077, but was having no luck so I thought reWASD might be different.

I have the same problem when I want to use the steam remote play, other games have not the problem, pls fix this

you have to add an option to disable the controller like AAA games do!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom