Please Disable the forced TAA on PC

+
Yes please allow a setting for us to turn it off. It looks terrible with the current AA. Especially when moving it becomes blurry, basically unplayable. Also, we should get better performance with any post processing like AA off. Witcher 3 had the option for AA on and off, please allow it for Cyberpunk.

Complete guess work here. But maybe we cannot turn it off because the technique behind TAA is used to filling in pixels (to save on rendering) when it can. Turning it off might make performance even worse because the game will be rendering every single pixel.

Guest 4060800

I've got astigmatism and the effect caused by TAA feels exactly like when my eyes get over-strained because I'm in serious need of new glasses. Please let us disable this. Better yet: let us pick from the usual list of anti-aliasing methods.

Motion blur and TAA affect me so much that I need to regularily pause gaming to recover. Motion blur I can disable, TAA not. To me it feels a bit weird that we have options for color blind people, but people that can't stand TAA (usually) just get dismissed as drama queens or something. Luckily it didn't happen here yet - really glad about that - but with other games there usually was some serious push-back sooner or later from people who needed to say that "they" got no issues with it (good for them, doesn't help "me" tho).

So please please pretty please: an option to disable TAA? :)

@Nemo1117
I don't know enough about that technique, but I'd kinda... doubt it? Even if that's the case - let our hardware be the judge of rendering capabilities and if it really leads to a multiplaction in rendering work, I'd rather live with reduced details or resolution than experience the smeared tearing of TAA.

@Nemo1117
I don't know enough about that technique, but I'd kinda... doubt it? Even if that's the case - let our hardware be the judge of rendering capabilities and if it really leads to a multiplaction in rendering work, I'd rather live with reduced details or resolution than experience the smeared tearing of TAA.
Just shooting in the dark.

"Temporal reprojection" is what it's called. It's what makes TAA work, as well as checkerboarding AKA temporal filtering (what Ubisoft calls it).

It could be the game is actually running at an lower resolution internally (might even be dynamic) than what's stated and checkerboarding is used to fill in missing pixels to get the targeted resolution. It ain't free but it's cheaper than natively rendering every pixel.

Last edited:
Man the TAA implementation in this game is so bad, it feels like it was deliberate to make DLSS look even better. Please add other AA option or at least option to disable forced TAA. Its a 2020 game, missing such a common feature is nothing but a joke.

Edit: What is worse, when V idles the camera just move ever so slightly, it becomes a constant in and out of blur, which is very distracting than jaggies with no AA.

Last edited:
This, this this.

I am struggling to play the game for more than 20 minute bursts because my eyes really REALLY hurt from the forced TXAA.
My eyes are constantly trying to focus on an image that is blurry and it hurts after more than a few seconds.

I had this problem with Fallout 4 and I had to wait for mods to remove it before I even played the game. I think i'm going to have to do the same with this which is incredibly disappointing.

Please can we get the option to turn this off. Not to mention all the graining of the image which is really distracting, its especially noticeable on car roofs.

Guest 4060800

It's kinda hard to look through my new scope like this...
TAA tearing.png

Hello! First of all I must say that I really love the game. And I also love the looks! I only got one problem with that and I saw many people complaining about the same issue on Reddit as well.

There is no way to adjust/disable Antialiasing and the game is forcing everyone to use TAA method of Antialiasing. As a result the game turns really blurry with every movement and it also creates a ghosting effect behind moving cars that looks really bad. (at first I thought my screen is at fault, but it's not).

Some people were digging around the game files and found an option to make the adjustment bar for antialiasing visible in the settings menu, but it ends up being blank. It seems that developers wanted to put this feature in the game and forgot about it.

So I beg you, PLEASE add the option to adjust or turn off antialiasing into the game. The "vaseline covered screen" effect can really ruin the immersion. :)

Thank you all in advance!

I second this request.

TAA is extremely blurry and adds motion blur. Makes the game look really muddy.

Plus I also have astigmatism and this blurriness triggers headaches.

Would be nice to have other options, like FXAA and SMAA.

Edit: While checking the game folders, apparently there is a setting for it, but it is disabled and lacks the string list for the options.
JSON:
                {
                    "name": "AntiAliasing",
                    "display_name": "UI-Settings-Video-Advanced-AntiAliasing",
                    "description": "LocKey#72353",
                    "order": 13,
                    "is_visible": false,
                    "in_pre_game": true,
                    "in_game": true,
                    "update_policy": "immediately",
                    "type": "string_list",
                    "is_dynamic": true
                },

Last edited:
TAA looks like forced myopia in games. Please, let us disable it. I already have myopia in real life, and I don't want it in games. And no, sharpening will never fix the blurry vaseline effect that temporal antialiasing solutions create.

Top Bottom