Please don't let the witcher series die

+
Cyberpunk 2077 expected release late 2017 release not 2023.

This was posted in 2016, was it true? Was cyberpunk scheduled for 2017 release? if so.. that's not a good sign, given it was just delayed again to November 2020. Hope there aren't any problems being the scenes that are causing all of these delays.

I'm sorry for the wording but to abandon a franchise at the height of its success (also the very first widely known game)
is one of the most moronic decisions I've ever seen. Why CDPR why? I'll never understand. :cirisad:

Because a series becomes stale if you keep repeating it. Many series have fallen victims to going on too long. Its better creating a new franchise with new adventures than continuing to repeat the same thing over and over again. People will find those games boring and stale. Instead they can improve on the current games, like a remaster for Witcher 1 and similiar for new systems. I don't believe the story of the witchers will end just yet however, it takes time to write new material and new adventures. Geralt may finally take his break, but new witchers may yet be created.

I really find the witcher story interesting, would be cool to create a witcher of your own from a school, starting young, growing up, doing trials and going monster hunting and helping people. Similiar to what they are doing now with Cyberpunk. Maybe something similiar to Fable?

Last edited:
Because a series becomes stale if you keep repeating it. Many series have fallen victims to going on too long. Its better creating a new franchise with new adventures than continuing to repeat the same thing over and over again. People will find those games boring and stale. Instead they can improve on the current games, like a remaster for Witcher 1 and similiar for new systems. I don't believe the story of the witchers will end just yet however, it takes time to write new material and new adventures. Geralt may finally take his break, but new witchers may yet be created.

I really find the witcher story interesting, would be cool to create a witcher of your own from a school, starting young, growing up, doing trials and going monster hunting and helping people. Similiar to what they are doing now with Cyberpunk. Maybe something similiar to Fable?
I was posting some ideas some time ago

But to make a short answer - I think that custom witcher of your own will not fit nicely into the witcher universe.

I was posting some ideas some time ago

But to make a short answer - I think that custom witcher of your own will not fit nicely into the witcher universe.
This exactly...a custom witcher would totally kill any personality the character could have. story driven games are not meant to have custom chgaracters.

Top Bottom