Please don't let the witcher series die

+
I hope CDPR does do something in the route of some extra dlc for Witcher 3. While I enjoyed B&W, I kinda played it with a heavy heart. The Witcher universe has become a big part of my life, wild hunt made me go out and buy Tw2 and play that, and I went out and read all the books too. I want more lol.

It will not die so soon. People still play games from the 90s. Maybe there will be a Legacy Collection. Kaer Morhen Collection. Witcher Collection, Witcher Remakes. Witcher Prequels. Maybe in 20 years it will die. In this time we have Cyberpunk2078 and 2079 lol and the next deus ex game will steal from cyberpunk(joke)

People have some odd notions about this whole "game death" thing. An online game can die, to be sure, but a single player game? You can play it now or 50 years from now if you're still alive. Sure, a game series can be discontinued but if you can still play the game itself, that hardly makes it dead now does it?

Sometimes I like to picture myself as a doddering old fool, still playing the games I play nowadays on an old computer while the young whippersnappers laugh at me while playing their super realistic and immersive VR games or whatever they'll have then. And I'll be like "Now you listen to me, you little snots, The Witcher games were the shiznit back in the day! Oh, to be young again..."

I'm new to this witcher forum, so i haven't got the previledge to create a new thread for this kind of thread of yours. So basically anyone should start a petition, and sorry before i said this. But few of my ideas has been used by a game developers and it is for free because i simply adore their hard work, so i'm about to do the same thing for this ultimate game. First is about petition, second is about the features, and third (the last one) is about the infrastructure.

1. Create a massive petition for the game dev to continue the witcher 3 series, which means a new expansion.

2. (This is quite long enough) Game dev should considered that tw3 series nowadays is far more than its full potential, such as: new area..new, old, and subspecies monsters..reputation system..sub-profession system..and my new idea for this "monster slayer" type story game is DEPOPULATION system. Depopulation system here is also integrated with the reputation system, what i meant for this depopulation is this : a remote or small village near a bog, forest, cave, river, sea, great priare or desert can have a seperate witcher's contract based on the monster's inhabitant there. So on this new expansion pack, every village and small town inform their total population (civil and military if there's any) and have the limitation and when the limit reaches zero it becomes abandoned site. But this system also have an indicator whether a village population was steady or decreased, so when it happened players can ask the ealdorman for a witcher's contract. When player complete the contract the reputation is increased, but it also can decreased if player show mercy to the monster or any other option (if there's any). And another my new idea is....well i have another one, but i would be more than happy if have a direct conversation about this with the right man on cd projekt red (i guaranted that it worth your while). Thank you for creating this Godlike game, keep up the best work people and don't even sweat....my ideas is purely gratis because i adore this game SO MUCH, cheers.

I'm new to this witcher forum, so i haven't got the previledge to create a new thread for this kind of thread of yours. So basically anyone should start a petition, and sorry before i said this. But few of my ideas has been used by a game developers and it is for free because i simply adore their hard work, so i'm about to do the same thing for this ultimate game. First is about petition, second is about the features, and third (the last one) is about the infrastructure.

1. Create a massive petition for the game dev to continue the witcher 3 series, which means a new expansion.

2. (This is quite long enough) Game dev should considered that tw3 series nowadays is far more than its full potential, such as: new area..new, old, and subspecies monsters..reputation system..sub-profession system..and my new idea for this "monster slayer" type story game is DEPOPULATION system. Depopulation system here is also integrated with the reputation system, what i meant for this depopulation is this : a remote or small village near a bog, forest, cave, river, sea, great priare or desert can have a seperate witcher's contract based on the monster's inhabitant there. So on this new expansion pack, every village and small town inform their total population (civil and military if there's any) and have the limitation and when the limit reaches zero it becomes abandoned site. But this system also have an indicator whether a village population was steady or decreased, so when it happened players can ask the ealdorman for a witcher's contract. When player complete the contract the reputation is increased, but it also can decreased if player show mercy to the monster or any other option (if there's any). And another my new idea is....well i have another one, but i would be more than happy if have a direct conversation about this with the right man on cd projekt red (i guaranted that it worth your while). Thank you for creating this Godlike game, keep up the best work people and don't even sweat....my ideas is purely gratis because i adore this game SO MUCH, cheers.

...they work on Gwent, Cyberpunk 2077 and another unnamed project. They said they wont abandon the Witcher world. I see them make a series with Ciri in the lead.

There is no need for a petition. Also such a rep system sounds terrible for a Witcher game...

I initially suggested a petition was not because the witcher's world, but for geralt's worshippers. Can you replace a lion with a lioness? Surely not, and like i said before. TW3 haven't reached its full potential, so i'm not trying to make people to stuck in the moment. But wouldn't be a great memories to all the TW3 players if they had the opportunity to see geralt's full potential on new TW3 expansion pack? And you said that REPUTATION SYSTEM for TW3 would be terrible? I don't blame you, but to be truth is every game genre that have main character's build up storyline will end up having a "reputation" even by accidentally. This REPUTATION SYSTEM is merely a decision made by the creator/developer whether they wanted to dwell in it or it's just an extra to their storyline, even geralt have too many ballads that stuck on the people he saved. And also like i said before, this REPUTATION SYSTEM is just a basic foundation to make all my ideas make sense and i only give my other ideas to the right man in CD PROJEKT RED and it will worth his/her while. And i already have a subtitle for TW3 new expansion pack, it will be "THE ALPHA BEASTS". Simple right? Keep on dreaming people, never ever limited your dream for something better. Cheers

I initially suggested a petition was not because the witcher's world, but for geralt's worshippers. Can you replace a lion with a lioness? Surely not, and like i said before. TW3 haven't reached its full potential, so i'm not trying to make people to stuck in the moment. But wouldn't be a great memories to all the TW3 players if they had the opportunity to see geralt's full potential on new TW3 expansion pack? And you said that REPUTATION SYSTEM for TW3 would be terrible? I don't blame you, but to be truth is every game genre that have main character's build up storyline will end up having a "reputation" even by accidentally. This REPUTATION SYSTEM is merely a decision made by the creator/developer whether they wanted to dwell in it or it's just an extra to their storyline, even geralt have too many ballads that stuck on the people he saved. And also like i said before, this REPUTATION SYSTEM is just a basic foundation to make all my ideas make sense and i only give my other ideas to the right man in CD PROJEKT RED and it will worth his/her while. And i already have a subtitle for TW3 new expansion pack, it will be "THE ALPHA BEASTS". Simple right? Keep on dreaming people, never ever limited your dream for something better. Cheers

Um, what? Geralts story is done in the games, CDPR confirmed it. There will not be any other expansions for Witcher 3 either. We played Geralt in 3 games. And not all games have a rep system and the only game i play that has one is Grim Dawn...

Thats why i suggested a petition, because i also knew that CDPR has closed geralt of rivia saga. Like i said before, reputation is almost at every genre of the game. Its simply the choice of the game developer/creator to make it a detailed system which has impact to the storyline or not, every time there's a main protagonist or antagonist which has nicknames it is a reputation indirectly. To make it a SYSTEM now that is another matter, so for someone who already have many nickname like "white wolf" or "the butcher of blaviken" or "the giant slayer" reputation is not something odd to explore. Do you understand what i mean now? And what's wrong with the fact that we already played as geralt for 3 separate game? Like i said, a lion cannot be replaced by a lioness and good francise dare to make a game with the same lead character for more than 3 series so why geralt shouldn't? Or do you expect that in new witcher game, ciri would go to a brothel full of gigolo? Or she ended up bedding many male protagonist? Whose the prostitute here? Or maybe CD PROJEKT Red planned to replace a brothel to some religious house of pray? Or an arcade center? I'm not against a female as a main protagonist, but as both men and women there are something that can be done suitably by their respective gender. And ciri haven't took the trial of grasses ritual, so she's a half witcher and i hope that CDPR won't try to dwell in that matter.

Thats why i suggested a petition, because i also knew that CDPR has closed geralt of rivia saga. Like i said before, reputation is almost at every genre of the game. Its simply the choice of the game developer/creator to make it a detailed system which has impact to the storyline or not, every time there's a main protagonist or antagonist which has nicknames it is a reputation indirectly. To make it a SYSTEM now that is another matter, so for someone who already have many nickname like "white wolf" or "the butcher of blaviken" or "the giant slayer" reputation is not something odd to explore. Do you understand what i mean now? And what's wrong with the fact that we already played as geralt for 3 separate game? Like i said, a lion cannot be replaced by a lioness and good francise dare to make a game with the same lead character for more than 3 series so why geralt shouldn't? Or do you expect that in new witcher game, ciri would go to a brothel full of gigolo? Or she ended up bedding many male protagonist? Whose the prostitute here? Or maybe CD PROJEKT Red planned to replace a brothel to some religious house of pray? Or an arcade center? I'm not against a female as a main protagonist, but as both men and women there are something that can be done suitably by their respective gender. And ciri haven't took the trial of grasses ritual, so she's a half witcher and i hope that CDPR won't try to dwell in that matter.

You can replay Witcher 3 as many times as you like...A petition is pointless and will lead to nothing. There will never be more Geralt and more Witcher 3 content and i surely hope they dont make a rep system ever as thats simply not what would fit the witcher world.

Why do you want more Geralt so badly? I dont understand at all. And Ciri can be the lead as she has magic abilities in addition to Witcher combat skills. And why do you talk about Ciri like she cant have romance options? You do know shes bi, right? So she can romance men and women.

Whats that about an arcade center and a house of prayer? I dont understand you.

Won't say no more for this, if CDPR were interested about what inside my brain then be my guest. Because this is not my first time of giving ideas, there was 3 game dev that already used my ideas and i demand not a single "crown" for it. And they will remain unknown just like me, because i like being unknown. Cheers

Ya, I hope they continue the Witcher series - doesn't have to be as Geralt as he had a pretty good ending in B&W. Would love to see:

* Time skip about ~50 years down the road
* 1-3 Bridge Books written by a professional author (maybe Sapkowski as CDPR and he recently reaching an agreement on the legal stuff - I also read on at least one news site that there was talk about potential collaboration in the future between the two parties) to essentially set the stage of the world with new: political situations, rulers, sorceresses, sorcerers, hero characters, bad guys, etc. as a lot will have happened over that ~50 year time period since Blood & Wine ended, and then...
* Perhaps something cataclysmic happens that causes a larger re-population of monsters into the world
* With the decline of the Witcher population we saw during Geralt's time period, a situation like that would potentially trigger the need for Witchers again in a world that, half a century later or so, with the exception of older folks, may have forgotten in detail what it was like to have Witchers around, allowing the player to make their way in that world as a new, inexperienced Witcher, to choose to play the hero, or maybe just be a cold mercenary for hire.
* One idea I thought might be interesting is since a child is needed to be turned into a Witcher at a young age, CDPR has said if they do more Witcher, they have to have the right story - they are exceptionally good at making games epic from the hero angle, the emotional angle, etc. to where you really care about the characters as if they're real - it would be neat to see a different origin type story of our next main Witcher - maybe we have a heroic king who, with advice from his mage advisor, acknowledges that within 20-30 years his kingdom is going to be overrun by monsters and to keep his people safe, he's even willing to volunteer his own son to go through the process of becoming a Witcher. The son and king would have mixed feelings about this, obviously given the risks involved, and that'd be something we'd see our character deal with during his story. (Just an idea)
* A cameo appearance by Geralt & and either Triss or Yennefer (depending on who the player chose, if they did opt to permanently romance on of the two) would be basically mandatory. ;)

The entire Witcher series is easily the best set of games I've ever played. From the emotional pull driven by the quality of the world, character development, music, meaningful actions by certain characters, emotional attachment to characters, etc. it's really tough to let that world go. I'm a 37 year old guy, and there were multiple situations and scenes during the Witcher series that literally moved me to tears. I've seen so many posts from other people on the Steam forums echoing my own thoughts on the series and how meaningful the games were to them, that I know so many of us feel exactly the same way about the series. Hope CD Projekt Red finds a way to keep the magic going with a new adventure in that world.

Nice one, you can read one of my mind here. It is true that i also intended for CDPR to add another new feature, the rise of the witcher's school. Each of them will have their own special abilities, similiar to passive racial abilities on The World of Warcraft. But to do so, i even have better idea here. Players at the start can choose between still playing as geralt with his old mutagen system and could never have the new passive racial ability because he couldn't take the new trial of grasses system but can recruited new childrens from small villages or even from big towns whether that child was an orphan or can be requested as a reward from a contract to be a new witcher of the school of the wolf and become one of his agent (can pop up new witcher's contract but split the reward), but the agents here might died by many causes such as monsters or bandits or guards. Or the players can choose to be a new witcher with new mutagen systems + new passive racial ability + new romance posibilities, but need to stack up their own reputation to increase their income from contracts and making people believing the new witcher for more contracts. Well this is one of the reason why i hoped that CDPR would gave more thought on reputation system, the system that someone told me not fit in the world of witcher series. Well that's all for now, still got many "wild and useless" ideas in my head though. Cheers
Post automatically merged:

Well from a technical standpoint The Witcher 3 is really "the 1st" game. You can't really compare the first 2 games with the 3rd. Sure Witcher 2 looked really good for its time but Witcher 3 had it all including a hugely vast open world to explore which at least for me made a huge difference. I love exploration in medieval RPGs. You don't have to be a genius to see the profit margins when comparing all 3 games. The 3rd game really was on a whole different level. They made a bunch of new fans that are just now meeting Geralt, Ciri, Triss, Yen, etc for the 1st time and they probably would like to see them again in a "sequel". Especially that like I said before the technology allows for a way better experience now, then what we had in the first 2 games. To tell people go play the first 2 games if you want more Geralt or if you want more witcher is kind of harsh. They need to keep the franchise going WITH the characters they introduced to the world. Cause lets face it, not a lot of people knew of Geralt and friends before the 3rd game.

A developer can't give up on a serie that made them famous.Of course they need a little rest.But after cyberpunk i'm %100 sure there will be a new game in the witcher universe.2025 looks fine :d

Last edited:
Top Bottom