Please don't let the witcher series die

+
It should be the end of Geralt story, but not the whole series. I'd really like to see another game in the same lore, but way before Geralt was born. Idea of creating a custom witcher character in the times when all witcher schools were functioning seem quite interesting.

I agree with folks here, Geralt's story should end with W3, it is a great and fitting retirement for him. But there are other Witcher schools and it would be cool to play as a Witcher of one of those schools. Actually, CDPR could make another series of games based on different protagonists from different schools, the series being connected by a metaplot narrative (Geralt and company making a cameo would be great, so the state of the world could be imported from W3 end-save).

Or... just make a Iorveth spin-off!

lol, then most probably not!

------------

However, there are plans for another blockbuster game to be released before 2021 according to the net.

Between 2017 and 2021 there will be a AAA role-playing game released by the studio,
although it's not clear what this will be!

It could be a second Cyberpunk game, it could be another Witcher game or it could be something completely different.

Time will tell...:readytofight:

Know how you feel. I feel like Tw3 came up a bit short in sending him off. lack of scoa'tael conflict resolution, lack of fun quests with dandelion and Zoltan after the MQ(character's you've spent time with over the course of the games really should have their place after the MQ), lack of fun/romance quest with whoever you picked for Geralt between Triss and Yen after MQ. And the war/politics were handled poorly in this obviously. I would say lay the story to rest after this game gets more dlc and probably even one more expansion for the non-human side of things. last thing I wanna see is them drag out Geralt's story but there can definitely be some nice additions to this game still and some things worked out without dragging everything out. I already bought the expansion pass but still would be willing to pay more money for such. Geralt was just such a great protagonist and irreplaceable imo but I realize it's gotta end sometime. Great fictional character as well, Sapkowski's books are pretty damn good as well. If not then I just hope someday, even if it's 10 years from now, and if they find some renewed passion and think of some great ideas we will see him again and adventure as him once more because it really is just that damn hard to say goodbye.

Last edited:
Like GTA V ?
Well, i would not like that.

Nope. I meant it like more like a VTM metaplot thing.

Say, for example W4 - Cat school, W5 - Viper school, W6 - Manticore school focused story bringing a different protagonist from the respective school. But throughout the three games there will run a main-line narrative thread of... whatever it is that would be going on and our three protagonists tackling it from different angles etc. But it's just a crazy idea anyway.

Still, I repeat, Iorveth spin-off ftw!

As someone who had played the entire series and read all the books...yeah, it's hard to say goodbye to Geralt. But a true hero knows not to overstay his welcome, all good stories come to an end.

If anything I'd like to play as Ciri in the future, but then it would be her adventures. New lands, new quests, new friends.... not Geralt's old friends and enemies but hers. Geralt would be since long retired. But this would be quite a bit in the future, after cyberpunk for sure.

I thought it'd be nice if there was a new witcher game about Ciri or that cat witcher in the books (Coen, the one who Ciri predicted would die in a battle).l. According to witcher lore, cat witchers were cruel, crazy and took money for killing humans. But Coen was nice and was teaching Ciri how to fight. I think it'd be nice to learn about his past, even though we know what happens to him in the end.

EDIT: Actually it's been a while since I read the books. Was there specified that Coen was a cat school witcher (or did he have a cat school medallion?), because I can't remember. I only know that he had a lot of scars from diseases from before he became a witcher or from his mutations, and he was faster than the other witchers at kaer morhen.

Last edited:
As long as they don't make a game with Ciri as protagonist, I'll stay interested. God what a boring character. She became annoying quickly after the reunion.

You either die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become Ubisoft_Sequel_Number_150.

Besides, they have at least a couple other projects going, could be more Witcher related stuff sans Geralt.

Top Bottom