Please don't let the witcher series die

+
Please let it die... All great things must end before it start to get less good. All my favorites games just got rap** by too much sequel. CDPR are artist. The Witcher is art. Don't squeeze it until nothing comes out. It'll be much appreciated.

Please let it die... All great things must end before it start to get less good. All my favorites games just got rap** by too much sequel. CDPR are artist. The Witcher is art. Don't squeeze it until nothing comes out. It'll be much appreciated.
Reported for heresy...

Geralt literally looks at the player when he says it... Yeah it was a hint from CD projekt Red, A blatant one at that...

Wel, now that you mention it, there might be something to it, indeed, given the fact that Regis'
death
was kinda retconned in Blood and Wine (he is said to actually managed to regenerate, no small feat, regarding how badly
Vilgefortz trashed him
. I was not really expecting his return. I am about to play Blood and Wine and I am looking forward to him. So, if they can bring back Regis, they can bring Geralt out of "retirement"... (the world-state variables can be handled by W3 end-game save import or by simulation), they surely can.

Wel, now that you mention it, there might be something to it, indeed, given the fact that Regis'
death
was kinda retconned in Blood and Wine (he is said to actually managed to regenerate, no small feat, regarding how badly
Vilgefortz trashed him
. I was not really expecting his return. I am about to play Blood and Wine and I am looking forward to him. So, if they can bring back Regis, they can bring Geralt out of "retirement"... (the world-state variables can be handled by W3 end-game save import or by simulation), they surely can.

I dont think we will play as geralt but I do see geralt being a Vesemir type character for a future witcher.

It never dies, now it lives in you, right? Plus, a good story always need to have an end. You will have to close the book someday.

I think It is good to end Geralt's history now - and don't keep it doing thousand sequences, which never fells so good anymore, like other companies. And I'm intend to keep playing the trilogy for many and many years so, It will never be a truly goodbye. BUT.... I also would like a new Witcher game in the future, mostly with Ciri as main character.

Furthermore, since CD Projekt RED made a deal with Dark Horse, do we really think that there only will be figures and replicas!? Because I do think there can be some new comics as well for the time being. And that already would be great!

Series deserves a rest till the next generation of console (Not these upgraded versions coming out next year) and bring it back with Ciri as the main character but nerf her powers and takeaway her teleporting other than the Blink move. Have it set in Kovir, Cintra, Dol Blathanna, Brokilon and maybe Kaedwen.

It's best we get a big break from the witcher in my opinion. It will starve us and give CDPR time to recharge and come up with the game that will define the subsequent generation.

I like Ciri, I do, but if bringing back Geralt might not be a good idea (unless CDPR sends him to Zerrikania or some such place - if only to resolve so many possible W3 end world-state variables), then brining back Ciri is not going to be any better. She is the "x-man" sort of super hero and btw, she might be
a Witcher in training, an Empress in training or missing in action
. Of course, all those possibilites might be resolved by different prologue (or any other way that would take into account actual choices folks made in W3 regarding Ciri), but it would still be better to start with a fresh character. Or... now that I think of it... Dandelion, yeah, he deserves his "Saviors of Queens" game, he really does. :surprised:

Like everyone else, my knee-jerk reaction when I first heard this was the last Witcher game featuring Geralt was a mix of disappointment and depression. However, the more time passed and the more I thought about it, moving on to Cyberpunk and a new franchise entirely after Cyberpunk is actually a bold and brilliant creative endeavour! After 3 Witcher games and multiple add-ons and expansions, I think there will be plenty of Witcher content to revisit in the years to come. This also doesn't mean Geralt can't reappear in a remake of either Witcher 1 and/or 2, plus we all know that a new Witcher storyline featuring another Witcher is very much possible.

Cyberpunk is definitely what we should all be looking forward to on the horizon. Bring on the new stuff, CDPR!

I hate to see it go, but it probably is for the best.
An amazing series concluded with an amazing third gme and even better expansions, a fitting end imo.

If BaW marks the end, I'm fine with that, it was an excellent conclusion to the series... but I still have the tiniest hope that CDPR will release proper modding tools for TW3 towards the end of this year. Although realistically, I have to realize it's probably too late for that now.

am more concerned about not playing with geralt ever again rather than not playing a new Witcher game, wich we all now will happen inevitably considering the success of W3

I'm glad that the series has an end, and I hope it'll stay that way. TW3 is a great success, yeah, but which is the stronger brand here - The Witcher, or CDPR? I think it's the latter. Not that I have any statistics, but my gut tells me that gamers tend to stick to companies even when they have different games. How many players are there that care solely for Fallout, but not Elder Scrolls? Dragon Age, but not Mass Effect? The Last of Us, but not Uncharted? There are probably some, but I feel that most gamers who have a company they like, will enjoy most games coming from that company. If CP77 will also be a great success, I'm not so sure CDPR will have to be anchored to The Witcher for future hits afterwards. They're making a name for themselves, and that goes beyond just one franchise.

I'll be really happy if The Witcher ends on a high note with 3. It rubs me the wrong way when a company constantly revisits a certain world, even if there are many stories to be told there.

That being said, if they do return anyway, I prefer TW:Something (probably won't be named TW4 since it's not a continuation) to be completely removed from Geralt and co. A different witcher, a different time, a different region. Maybe even a character creator? To me, CDPR are at their best when they're free to create their own characters, surprisingly, and I'd like to see them with something that is completely their own creation. So if it's, unfortunately, not a new IP, then at least steer away from the books now and the familiar.

If there ever is another Witcher game, I hope CDPR finds a way to make Geralt come out of retirement. Personally, I don't want to play a Witcher game as a generic customized character. Witcher series would not be the same without Geralt. So, when the time is right, 5-6 years or maybe a decade, the White Wolf must come back.

Top Bottom