Please don't let the witcher series die

+
I'm sure there will be new Witcher games in the future. Maybe one or two games after CP2077. But it's good for them to take a break folks. Both for us (because we will be starved for a new game, rather than get tired with it) and for them. They have been working on the setting for 10 years now. They need a little rest from it, lest their creativity will get stagnant. Of course they won't let the whole setting to end, they still have the licences to it ;)

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/capital-group/strategy/

Since they plan to release another AAA game after CP2077 during the 2017-2021, I believe we can safely assume CP2077 will not come out in 5-6 years ;) Expect 2018, maybe late 2018 or early 2019 with delays.

Last edited:
I think the universe is a great setting for all kinds of games (check out the Witcher mod for Crusader Kings 2), and it might be cool to play as a different Witcher set long before Geralt's time. But I also think it would be best to end on a high note with a great game and great expansions, and not drag things out until it goes the way of (say) Warcraft, or the Simpsons.

I think ending The Witcher series on a high note and leaving fans in a limbo for some time will definitely have positive effect on Cyberpunk 2077 overall hype.

It's been great to experience The Witcher series rise from some obscure, niche RPG title, made somewhere behind former Iron Curtain to the flagship of Polish game development, which gained quite a reputation in last few years. I can't stress enough how grateful I am to CDPR for them being ambassadors of Polish(and in general, Slavic) culture in the world through their games.

Guest 2364765

It's not like the series will "die". It's a business after all, even if unlike many other studios/publishers they are not going to ride the franchise to death and milk it dry, they will eventually come back to it in one way or another. Will it be Geralt of Rivia? Unlikely but it will be the Witcher nonetheless.

Geralt will never die :)
Even in the next Witcher title he will be there as NPC, like Vesemir or Lambert in the actual Witcher title.

"plan to release between 2017 and 2021" does not mean the game will come out in 2017, it can come out on 2020 or 2021.
i highly doubt it will come out before 2021, the develpment process has not even start yet
what happend with the witcher 3? it got delayd twice, and it had more than 4 years of development, and cyberpunk will be much bigger, so, 4 years?, not a chance
the years will pass and tme will tell

---------- Updated at 10:40 PM ----------

Geralt will never die :)
Even in the next Witcher title he will be there as NPC, like Vesemir or Lambert in the actual Witcher title.
i hope he doesn't die in that next game

I want to see all of the known Witcher world. Ofieri is my greatest wish, always have been a fan of oriental adventure types and such. So sad that this story is supposed to end with Blood and Wine.

I just loved rebuilding my own vineyard. That's so cool, wanna do some Witcher-Sim-City all over Skellige and Velen, too!

In another life I will have the exact same house as well, with copied indoor layout and furniture and all....

To be honest, I enjoy the stories told already immensely, what I truly want at this point is for them to go back over the whole experience and polish it further. I know we've gotten very robust patches with this game, but I still would love to see a Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition that goes through all the content, address the major concerns fans had over certain characters and scenes, and just really pads out the whole experience.

They spent nearly a deacde to build a great title, It's not that easy to toss them out of the windows !
For example, see Halo and Mass Effect :D

witchers don't retire though, that isn't part of the lore of the witcher and isn't consistent at all. know the saying ' a witcher never dies in his bed ' actually it might be sleep not sure.

vesimir was much older than geralt and still the best maybe only surpassed in skill by Geralt.

If they were to move forward with the series I think it would be silly to just simply retire him. but then again they might just make a game during a different time period, although I think most people would say what they love about this series, one of things is the interesting characters, so a different time period would exclude all those interesting characters.

Like I've said I think tw3 could use a little work before laying it to rest and address some of what many have suggested and written about on here, but If i'm to only get these 3 games with Geralt for the rest of my life then I at least hope they make high quality remakes down the road, god knows witcher1 could use a graphical and gameplay overhaul by now.

Last edited:
Well... Jad Karadin.

true but still seems extremely rare in the series.

and he kinda seemed like a special case, since he regretted the life he led in a gang he was formerly involved with, that might've had a big impact on his decision to retire.

Last edited:
true but still seems extremely rare in the series.
I just mentioned it as a reference because Karadin used that quote to say he intended to do just that.

Geralt says he intends to retire? I missed something then.
Jad Karadin, not Geralt. But he does get a few choices where he can say things along those lines in both base game and B&W.

Last edited:
ok got ya replaying it again now for the second time so i'll look out for those. don't remember Geralt showing any signs of wanting to retire or not liking the witcher life in my first playthrough.

Top Bottom