Please don't let the witcher series die

+
Hope always dies last. And i believe (want to believe) that we'll see the White Wolf running through deep woods with drawn silver sword on the hot trail again :yes .

In my opinion making another Witcher game in the near future is milking this world too much. Everbody knows the phrase you should stop when it is at its best...
Moreover people seem to forget that the creator and father of this world isnt Cd Red. I'd rather say its up to Sapkowski if he wants to write new books. The high quality of stories and characters in the games have their origin in the books. Of course you need to implement this to a game and Cdred did this brilliant

Wow, this is a contagious topic.
I wish to see, maybe, the story of that witcher, who at 200+ years age still can make a woman groan, who have taught the white wolf everything he knew, who witnessed the rise and fall of wolf school, who died like a hero, who perhaps even knew geralt's soceress mother, you know who i'm talking about.
But i also believe the only thing that can bring the witcher series back is love, with its one instantiation ----- Money!
The developer's love make witcher 3 happen, our money can make witcher 4 happen. I don't have much money so, it's up to you guys!
:smile:

Guys, what about arena mode?
After finishing Witcher 2 about dozen times i got tired of replaying the story, so i started playing arena mode and i really liked it. I spent lots of hours in this game mode. What do you guys think about it? I mean arena for Witcher 3 could be nice, especially with all the weapons and monsters present. I would love to see something like that.

These expansions are keeping the game alive and now you created your last one I am very depressed.. I have completed the main storyline for blood and wine and now I just feel like I'll never see the witcher ever again... there is side quests etc but they don't bring as much as main questsite due to the fact that the main quests bring interesting characters and there is an interesting story. Is there any chance that there will be more expansions in the future? I'm really sad if not because it's such an interesting world and the characters and quests are great.
I started with TW2 on Xbox 360, now I have a PS4 and am enjoying the hell out of TW3! The only RPG I've ever played previous to TW2 was Fable II and III.

Equally as important, I'm in a huge COD clan and have been playing all the COD games with my friends but when TW2 came out my buddies were like: Yo! Rockfour1 where have you been, haven't seen you on COD in a long time? I told them I was playing TW2 but can't stop playing it, actually I replayed the story like 5 times!

I always thought I needed to be in party chat with my friends to have fun playing a video game, that was until I played TW2, and now with TW3, I don't care if I play multiplayer with my friends anymore, I even have my PS4 as "Offline" so my friends stop pestering me to play COD. For me, TW3 is such an engrossing game in which you feel like you're Geralt playing in the adventures which makes this game so much fun.

In closing, I feel sad as hell knowing this is the last of Geralt of Rivia, but CD PROJECT doesn't have to make a *New Witcher game...in the future, after they make Cyberpunk 2077 they could come back and just make more expansions for TW3...they know we will buy them in a heartbeat!

---------- Updated at 05:50 PM ----------

In my opinion making another Witcher game in the near future is milking this world too much. Everbody knows the phrase you should stop when it is at its best...
Moreover people seem to forget that the creator and father of this world isnt Cd Red. I'd rather say its up to Sapkowski if he wants to write new books. The high quality of stories and characters in the games have their origin in the books. Of course you need to implement this to a game and Cdred did this brilliant
Game of Thrones TV show has passed up the books from: George R. R. Martin, the show isn't going to stop so George R. R. Martin can catch up to the show? Just saying...

I'd like to see either a game based off of the first books, or a new game that features a new Witcher that you creat, male or female.

True.. i can see that devs had put soo much efforts to make B&W and its a masterpiece really..
its sad that it will be the last expansion.
Like.. seriously.. im sure i will still appreciate it even if CDPR will keep make WT3 expansions for another 3 years.

However, if WT series will ever continue, i think Letho as a main character would be good. Becuase it will eventually explain background story for Geralt's adventure.

I think its more of a hiatus than a finale if you ask me...I doubt CDPR will just ignore the massive fanbase that Witcher series has, and I believe that a new witcher game will be made, maybe 5 or 10 years from now...

I'll be playing Witcher 1-3 until the day I die, no goodbyes here :p

Me too. Though at one point we have to let it go.I'm sure we'll also find other games we'll like as dearly as we do this. Horizon: Zero Dawn has caught my attention for now. Maybe it will be my next. Who knows.. But we'll remember Geralt and his world fondly forever.

TW1 is not a bad game, but not too success either.
TW2 nearly made CDP broke.
But after TW3, The Witcher now become a "S-tier" title, we can see TW logo everywhere, 2 spin off game (Adventure game, Battle ARena ...), ppl go to store to buy the books ... More of them will be coming, can sure about that. Now It's the time to make money from TW title !!!

Remember Halo trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy ??? Well the same will happen with TW !!!

I bet in the future, we will even have a The Witcher MMO title.

Sorry for my English !

Something ends...

...something begins...

But yeah. It's hard to say goodbye to Geralt.

sadly though, everything you hear about cyberpunk makes it sound like it still 4-5 years away from seeing the light of day..

But as far for witcher, i would like to be done with the story of Geralt and like to see a prequel, back to a time when all the schools were open and plenty of witchers around

I don't mind saying goodbye to Geralt (though I still use him to play Gwent...) but I do have the feeling that the universe is big and complex enough for many more adventures. So I do hope there's going to be some sort of continuation. Be that with Ciri or a different character...

TW1 is not a bad game, but not too success either.
TW2 nearly made CDP broke.
But after TW3, The Witcher now become a "S-tier" title, we can see TW logo everywhere, 2 spin off game (Adventure game, Battle ARena ...), ppl go to store to buy the books ... More of them will be coming, can sure about that. Now It's the time to make money from TW title !!!

Remember Halo trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy ??? Well the same will happen with TW !!!

I bet in the future, we will even have a The Witcher MMO title.

Sorry for my English !

oh god, if CDPR makes a Witcher MMO, i would never buy a CDPR game again

Ok i agree 100% with the title of this topic. They shouldnt let the Witcher series die.And they definetely should NOT come out with an MMO version of The Witcher. But i think CDPR is moving a bit too quick towards Cyperpunk. Huge part of what made Witcher successful is the lore behind it. I dont think any game dev. company including CDPR can not come up with as good a lore and setting as a novel series. Its literature and it has a historical/mythical background that was tales and stories people told for hundreds even thousands of years. If you try and come up with new monsters/ evil things and stories with 10 people in a year. It just wont be as deep as the whole European Folklore culture. Putting the Witcher to rest now is like Michael Jordans decision to retire in his prime. I feel like Geralt could come out of retirement and win championships yet, like MJ haha. The first two games were good, but nothing like the Wild Hunt, HoS and BaW. They have a mature game and story now with a huge lore and characters. I think putting a series to rest after the first great game is a bit early. The Wild Hunt and its DLC's are pretty much the best video games i have played or seen. Story/plot wise and all the other things like graphics, gameplay etc. So after the first two games they have finally matured the game perfectly. Not the time to put it to rest i dont think.

Seems I'm rather late to the party. Doesn't look as though I missed much, though, since most of these points have already been discussed before in Witcher Franchise Speculation. While it would be inappropriate to merge these two threads, however, based upon the general nature of the topic, the current one has also been moved to General Discussions.

Personally, I would prefer to see a game grounded in The Witcher lore, but not about Geralt. The game needn't even be centred around witchers -- although a story dedicated the youthful exploits and career of Vesemir still appeals to me. . . .

Seems I'm rather late to the party. Doesn't look as though I missed much, though, since most of these points have already been discussed before in Witcher Franchise Speculation. While it would be inappropriate to merge these two threads, however, based upon the general nature of the topic, the current one has also been moved to General Discussions.

Personally, I would prefer to see a game grounded in The Witcher lore, but not about Geralt. The game needn't even be centred around witchers -- although a story dedicated the youthful exploits and career of Vesemir still appeals to me. . . .

Yeah, like I said before, I definitely agree there. I feel like a game that is more loose and allows for more freedom and creativity in construction, but still plays in the world of the Witcher series would be ideal. No matter if it's in the past or after TW3, get a new character, maybe one that is slightly customizable. I'm not talking about full on RPG customizable, I'm talking about being able to alter the appearance a little bit and choose SOME parts of the characters backstroy. Obviously we would have to have a common root. Such as him (/her) being a Witcher, being part of a specific school and having a specific set of friends that appear as NPCs in the game. Then we can weave in some old characters from the Witcher trilogy (maybe Geralt can make a short appearance down the line, after all he is a legend and I bet he is not COMPLETELY retired but might take on a job or two every once in a while if he is really needed). And then set it in new interesting areas that the books and games only briefly mentioned here and there. Perfect if you ask me.

Please don't let this series be finished. You don't have to make a Witcher 4; we'd be happy with a continuation of DLCs in TW3. I'm begging you, keep the DLCs alive at least. Churn out one per year if you have to, but we need MOAR GERALT!

Fantastic job, guys and girls. I'm on my third playthrough right now and I really don't think I'll ever stop.

Top Bottom