Please don't let the witcher series die

+
I bet cyberpunk will be garbage.

But yeah The Witcher series HAS to end, i dont want another Assassins Creed here, sorry but its your fault for not playing the previous games seriously, you come and play only the last one and then complain that its the last one.

I too am very sad to see this is the last Geralt adventure, but that is mainly because we know the next big CDPR game is going to be Cyberpunk. Something about sci-fi rpgs puts me off and I think they work so well in the sort of medieval esque setting the Witcher has.

WHY OH WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS CDPR?!!! YOU KNOW DAMN WELL PEOPLE LOVE THE WITCHER AND YOU'LL MAKE LOADS OF MONEY!!!

---

Let's calm down now and think logically, btw I meant the above statement 100%. CDPR is making another game that might be even better than Witcher 3, it makes sense to focus on that. They made a lot of money but it doesn't mean their studio is huge and resources unlimited.

They can create a Witcher game with let's say Ciri or another character if they want to, but I don't think they'll create another game with Geralt, at least not until game engines and gaming capabilities are a lot different than today. If that happens and the game can be made with huge improvements, then even a remake would make sense. Geralt had many adventures we don't know about or they could be made, the games cover a small part of his life. Main characters can stay, others can be introduced, but it's not impossible for a new and different game to be made.

People have waited for a new Starcraft for 12 years, we can wait 5-10 years without a Witcher game.

I too am very sad to see this is the last Geralt adventure, but that is mainly because we know the next big CDPR game is going to be Cyberpunk. Something about sci-fi rpgs puts me off and I think they work so well in the sort of medieval esque setting the Witcher has.
Yeah this. I mean for the Witcher series and its medieval setting they have experience. The world design is near perfect, the music they use and the language. Even characteristics of people during that time in the world. I dont know if its a smart move to continue with something so different like sci-fi, when you ve gotten this good with a medieval-like setting. There s nothing wrong with being good at a certain genre and setting . Actually its better than making all kinds of random games with different settings.

I would prefer CD project re-making the trilogy again at some point; with all the skills and knowledge they have gathered along the way.

Grapically uplifting the first two games to the same level as the third one and re-writing the plot and story even better and a bit more coherent throughout the trilogy. Giving for example more meaningful save game import for W1 to W2 and W2 to W3; so the choices you make throughout the trilogy would matter more.

It would make Witcher series more like one long awesome ride like Mass Effect trilogy, rather than three separate stories.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the wording but to abandon a franchise at the height of its success (also the very first widely known game)
is one of the most moronic decisions I've ever seen. Why CDPR why? I'll never understand. :cirisad:

Geralt's saga has been going on for 30 years, as of 2016. As Garrison said (Right below you.), long-time fans (Which includes the series' biggest fans: C.D.P.R., themselves.) under-stand why it's time to wrap things up.

But, keep in mind that the franchise isn't ending. Geralt's story is. TW4 has already been confirmed on a number of occasions.

Here's the proof:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/71040-The-Ultimate-Witcher-4-Thread

I bet cyberpunk will be garbage.

But yeah The Witcher series HAS to end, i dont want another Assassins Creed here, sorry but its your fault for not playing the previous games seriously, you come and play only the last one and then complain that its the last one.

I've played both 1 and 2 three times each and I'm on my third playthrough with TW3.

I've been a long time fan and no it doesn't have to end, Geralt's story that is, played all the games and read most the books. started back when TW2 came out for xbox 360. no they rushed his story in tw3, I can tell you this with certainty, the trilogy should've actually been 4 or 5 games. After that then yea end it on a good note so it doesn't get too repetitive but this game completely skipped over war/politics which were present in the previous games in which Geralt got entangled in and thus became a part of, would've made sense to go into depth of that part of the story and play out a resolution. The scoai'tael completely left out for example. The Lodge and apparently all mages in this game are complete cowards? They hardly even fight back against the Witch hunters if at all in this game and try to organize. The Conclave also is not even mentioned, you would think it would've been a great time for them to try and organize to bring some order and diplomacy into the world during this chaos between witch hunters and mages, even if they were dispersed by Radovid's army at the end of TW2 I doubt they would continue to obey him if he went on massacring mages. The Wild Hunt(which is pretty much tied to Geralt's destiny) although fantastic in theory and very interesting I thought didn't feel epic much at all. I would give that part of the story done in this game a 7/10. In fact I would say the specters of TW2 were better, in Vergen, that to me felt more epic. But basically feels like it comes up short in TW3, like it fails the prophecy, and feels like it's just a side thing that no one is really paying attention to in the world. Left a lot to be desired. And I think that is ultimately where this feeling from people who don't want it to end is coming from. This last game left a lot to be desired for some of us at least.

Last edited:
Personnaly if a new Witcher game has to be made I would like them to reboot. Making a new sequel to the book but with another story. A new Witcher 1. Or a direct book adaptation without open word. More like W2 or Mass Effect.

I would prefer CD project re-making the trilogy again at some point; with all the skills and knowledge they have gathered along the way.

Grapically uplifting the first two games to the same level as the third one and re-writing the plot and story even better and a bit more coherent throughout the trilogy. Giving for example more meaningful save game import for W1 to W2 and W2 to W3; so the choices you make throughout the trilogy would matter more.

It would make Witcher series more like one long awesome ride like Mass Effect trilogy, rather than three separate stories.

Thing is, it wouldn't even take them that long. I bet they can re-make Witcher 1 in the same time it took them to make Blood & Wine. Depending on how much extra new content they want to add of course. But the original game isn't that big really.

I would love to see a Witcher 1 remake, and like you say make Witcher 1, 2 and 3 feel more like a trilogy. They might have to cut back on the screwing in Witcher 1... but other than that it's entirely doable.

Yes, I would love for them to make expansion after expansion - they are just so good at it. But they've been making Witcher games for more than 10 years (13 now I think), so they need a break. It's also a good idea to finish something when you are still great at it, not when your work is no longer as good as previously.

Maybe in the future we will get more. I sure hope so.

I'm done with books, games and with 78 of 78 achievements
of Witcher 3 :). And now i'm TOTALLY depressed.

P.S.
If the CD Project does not plan in the near future to do Witcher 4, or at least could periodically make small DLC on the Witcher 3 engine. It is not so difficult, and fans will be happy ...

*Sorry for my english

A good story should know when to end. You can't expect devs to expand Geralt's story indefinitely, that'd be simply unfair...
If any consolation, think of it as a retirement, rather than 'to die'.
Who knows, perhaps Cyberpunk will prove to be even better.

What I don't understand are the conflicting statements coming out of CDPR. Adam Kicinski says, "It's too early to talk about it, but it's not like we're forgetting about this brand – that's understandable ... It wouldn't be fair towards the fans. We work within this universe for over a dozen years now and I don't think it's going to be the end of it." Then Marcin Iwinski later adds that they have no plans for a future installment.

I've got nothing against CP 2077. Quite the contrary, it's probably my most eagerly anticipated game at the moment. At the end of the day, though, I'm more of a fantasy guy and I have grown attached to these characters. The idea of a games industry without Geralt is something I don't even want to contemplate. :(

Regardless, I'll keep playing the existing Witcher games until either CDPR relents and makes another, or the universe comes to an end, which ever comes first :p Really looking forward to trying them all out on a bigger TV ... up till now I've been playing Wild Hunt on a rather diminutive set.

Top Bottom