Please don't make the game too easy.

+
Another thing that I really liked about the Witcher 2 was the lack of hand holding.

Take, for example, the nekker monster contract in chapter 1 Flotsam;

You have to actively go and find books to read up on how to take on the nekkers. After that, I remember being soo pleasantly surprised when it didn't have a giant on screen arrow (like they have in Mass Effect) pointing and directing me to the nekker lairs. I had to actually find them myself.

It was really eye-opening, some of the things that they did in that game that I had really never seen in other games before.

Villentretanmerth said:
Another thing that I really liked about the Witcher 2 was the lack of hand holding.

You have to actively go and find books to read up on how to take on the nekkers. After that, I remember being soo pleasantly surprised when it didn't have a giant on screen arrow (like they have in Mass Effect) pointing and directing me to the nekker lairs. I had to actually find them myself.

It was really eye-opening, some of the
things that they did in that game that I had really never seen in other games before.

I recommend you to play gothic 1+2 :)(well the third too)

Alextyc1 said:
I recommend you to play gothic 1+2 :)/>/>(well the third too)

Thanks bruh. I don't really have a gaming quality pc, although at this point, that game is old enough that you can probably play it on your average desktop nowadays.

Red0oG said:
Please, no. Fun combat should require skill and be challenging and enjoyable, in TW1 combat wasnt bad but it wasnt that good either. It felt rather as a neccesary thing I must go through.
TW2 combat with some tweaked things that would balance things and not make the hits so random will be just great.
And no rolling ofc :D/>.

I almost fully agree with this, but I think I was one of the few players that actually enjoyed rolling. Well, if we're talking about perfection, I would really prefer doing the actual Witcher pirouettes as they learn in their training, but it still felt pretty damn good to dodge attacks at the right time, lunging at your enemy afterwards for a well-hit counterattack.

That is the main factor that difficults my playthrough in The Witcher 1. The combat is too boring and repetitive to me. But I'm still going to finish it.

Villentretanmerth said:

It was really eye-opening, some of the things that they did in that game that I had really never seen in other games before.

All games used to be like this. Play thief 2 and you'll see what I mean.

my guess is the original quote was in regards to difficulty for players that wanted to just complete the game on easy and hit a brick wall at some boss fights. there were a few complaints about that and while I always try to beat a game on the hardest difficulty (if it is good/worth it) I must agree, the game on easy was not that. Easy should be a stroll in the park for ppl who want to take in the sights, not run away from Letho desperately trying to regen that HP :D

mothra said:
my guess is the original quote was in regards to difficulty for players that wanted to just complete the game on easy and hit a brick wall at some boss fights. there were a few complaints about that and while I always try to beat a game on the hardest difficulty (if it is good/worth it) I must agree, the game on easy was not that. Easy should be a stroll in the park for ppl who want to take in the sights, not run away from Letho desperately trying to regen that HP :D/>
the last leto boss fight on normal took me at least 3 tries :D on hard only 1 0_o because i prepared myself for the fight with all kinds of buffs you can get and best items ingame and of course rolling around like an retarded idiot :)

They simply need to introduce a fluid way to adjust difficulty, ranging from "trivial for toddlers and Bioware employees" to "even Athene on speed won't beat it", to avoid drama when TW3 comes out. Let everyone tailor the difficulty to their liking. And remove I-win abilities, take a hint from Dark Souls to balance rolling/avoidance - ie. fast character can dodge better but wears only light armor.

They should just have a difficulty option, but I wouldn't want to be rolling around all the time like in TW3

Top Bottom