Please Fix the Gwent Interface

+
Will CDPR please devote a bit of effort to improve the Gwent interface? I am tired of losing because the game does something other than what I intend or tell it to do. I am tired of using 80% of my time simply trying to get the interface to carry out a command. I am tired of having to make decisions without messages telling me what I am deciding. I am tired of having to give a command four times before it actually executes. I am tired of big card descriptions covering the screen and not going away when I click off of them. I am tired of struggling to see a unit’s provision cost. I am tired of status symbols that blend into the card art, becoming virtually invisible. I am tired of being unable to even play some decks because the interface will not allow me to complete turns with them. I am tired of being unable to play certain seasonal modes because the interface will not allow me to play cards in a timely fashion.

Fixes I believe are critical (in decending order of importance)

1. When a choice of cards is offered (e.g. by Fisher King), whenever a card is clicked, it must be highlighted. When a different card is then clicked, the first must become deselected and the second selected. This must occur 100% of the time without lag. At present, I estimate it occurs about 50% of the time — often with significant lag.

2. When a card is clicked so it’s description can be viewed, that description must disappear when one clicks off it. At present, it often remains on screen obstructing vision of most of the battlefield.

3. Giving orders must be changed to reduce chances of an undesired order being given. If a unit has orders, it should NEVER begin a turn with the order active (executed by a single unintended click). If a unit has multiple charges, it needs to be more apparent that the order is active after one charge is used. It also needs to be possible on all devices to disable orders without having to find some place to click on the board without triggering the order.

4. When special cards are played, one should not have to click the card, then the target multiple times. At present, I sometimes have to “play” a card four or more times before it actually takes effect.

5. Status symbols (especially veiled and shielded) icons need to better stand out from the card art. And they should never fail to display when a unit has that status.

6. All decisions should come with adequate description so that one can tell details on what the decision will do without having previously memorized the card text. For example, Azar Javed should not show boxes that say “pay tribute” and “decline tribute”, the boxes should say, “Pay three coin tribute to spawn two scarabs in this row instead of only one.” and “Decline three coin tribute to spawn an additional scarab”.

I believe these fixes would significantly improve the Gwent experience.

Top Bottom