Please for the love of Christ fix the steering!!

+
Could you please make the vehicles in this game steerable by trackball Mouse and also have it so we can lock the camera while driving!? As a quadriplegic who has played video games for the last 25 years it is pretty sad and pathetic that there is only one game I can play that has driving controls where you can steer by the mouse and lock the camera in a fixed View and that is GTA V! I have begged and pleaded with CDPR for the last God knows how many years when I first heard this game was coming out if they could please make it so the steering was inputted through the mouse. It is an easy fix and I've even talked to my programming friend and he said is relatively damn simple to do it's pretty much just a line of code. But it seems like CDPR doesn't care about their disabled gamers. Which is really sad.

They just got the game working in a state it should've been in dec 2020, with the speed they're going, mouse based steering will take like another 2 years.

They just got the game working in a state it should've been in dec 2020, with the speed they're going, mouse based steering will take like another 2 years.
Yeah I know I've only been complaining about it for years as you can tell, they're going to abandon this game before it gets really good there's so much wrong with it that they should didn't of put it out at all especially in the state it's in now even. It's sad because there's a God damn amazing game underneath all the trash!

Yeah, they are leaving this engine too, so expansions might be the last thing this game gets, whatever features we get before that will be the last. Let's hope they release proper modding tools before that so atleast someone can try making it.

Yeah, they are leaving this engine too, so expansions might be the last thing this game gets, whatever features we get before that will be the last. Let's hope they release proper modding tools before that so atleast someone can try making it.
there will be at least one expansion

Forum regular
i know the vehicle handling in cyberpunk is kinda harder than in GTA for example, but i found out one exception. If you play on keyboard, set steering sensitivity to 85% and try to borrow from aldecados or raffen shivs Quartz Sidewinder
That car has awesome handling!!!!!!! You can steer, make powerslides. Driving is fun again. And now its time to say the BUT. You cant get it :-D Its propably the only one thing i really dont understand. Why the hell we can get a lot of crappy useless cars and not this1? :rolleyes:

I'm on my fourth playthrough and still can't reliably steer a car...to the point I'm only using motorcycles and am avoiding the race questline completely. i'm no programmer but can't they just look at what the did with the motorcycles and do that with cars...? Please??

Could you please make the vehicles in this game steerable by trackball Mouse and also have it so we can lock the camera while driving!?
Try this mod to drive with your mouse,

And try one of these to disable the camera from auto-centering during driving.

Have some experience with the camera NOT auto-centering during driving, due to the auto-centering having become inconsistent since 1.52 for some reason, But am indifferent about it. I could become used to the cam not auto-centering, but rather prefer the cam auto-centering, even if it was only because I like to drive (exceptionally) fast. But that's me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom