Please, get Ciri out of Mandrake range

+
Please, get Ciri out of Mandrake range

Hey, CDPR,

It is a simple buff to a card that see next to nothing game play, but after the inclusion of Imlerith: Sabbath it became even more suicidal to run it, because of how everybody and their mother are now teching Mandrake and Vaedemaker (which is another problem in itself). Just please give her 1 more Strength to avoid deletion. This will also keep her in the Alzur's Thunder range, which is also somewhat troublesome, as a lot of decks are also teching Big Vader or Ida or Dethmold, who are armored with the said Alzur's Thunder and even on a stick, but it is a Gold Card that is a set up card for a Card Advantage that is the most important thing in Gwent. And it is a Gold CA Card that does have more drawback than the Silver Spies in the game right now, so I will kind switch the topic and repeat a suggestion I had a while back, how to make cards like Manticore Venom, Glorious Hunt, Yennefer: Conjurer, Triss: Butterfly Spell and said Ciri a lot more viable: just put them at the 13 STR range via Armor a la Villentretenmerth. This may be a bit too much for the Triss and even Ciri card, but will give a boost and a reason to actually put Manticore Venom, Glorious Hunt and even lock cards in our decks.

In general, the Imlerith: Sabbath card is at least a lesson that the game does need familiar engine cards, so they can uncork for us to play with cards that started to see way less play especially after the Midwinter update.

Stuff like this is what is actually healthy for the game.

Regards.

It is my guess that they intentionally want to keep Ciri completely unplayable, at least until they fix the coin-flip.

If Ciri is not easily killable, then she can be even easier to exploit the coin-flip then spies. You play anything. I go Ciri + Roach (or Poet + Ciri + Roach if I want to be cute), and now you have to either pass me and win 2 CA down, or pass and I win on even cards.

TrompeLaMort;n10645441 said:
It is my guess that they intentionally want to keep Ciri completely unplayable, at least until they fix the coin-flip.

If Ciri is not easily killable, then she can be even easier to exploit the coin-flip then spies. You play anything. I go Ciri + Roach (or Poet + Ciri + Roach if I want to be cute), and now you have to either pass me and win 2 CA down, or pass and I win on even cards.

I agree, its probably on purpose. Its a good card either way. I guess it could use some armor, it wouldnt hurt.

TheEpicWhale;n10655641 said:
Would be better just to redesign Ciri. Everybody hated the spies for a reason.

Ciri you can interact with and do something about her, the same as Ocvist, while Spies are just advantage with close to no drawback, so in that regard she is a weaker card that occupies you a Gold Slot. I just think that staying in Mandrake range is way too much for this card (like, Ocvist is out of Mandrake range and it is a Silver card).

I think the main problem will be that now noone plays it and if she gets stronger everyone will play her and she will be annoying as hell.

But this is just me personally not wanting to see another Card Advatage card

Top Bottom