Please give Leader that deploy on the Board a provision cost

+

Should the Provision cost of Leaders (and Shupe) be changed from zero provisions?

• No.

• Yes, to provision cost equal to their card strength.

• Yes, provision cost equal to the provisions the Leader provides.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey Gwent team, you have a problem, Leaders that deploy on the Board do not currently have a provision cost. So do cards like Shupe.

There is solution, Please give Leaders that deploy on the Board either

a) provision cost equal to their card strength; or
b) provision cost equal to the provisions they provide.

I am open to suggestions, but would like to prevent situations that currently occur such as

i) Pitfall trap springing to do 0 damage to Morvan (yes, add it to the list of things to fix about Pitfall trap / restore the old Pitfall Trap threads)
ii) Triangle within a Triangle not able to counter the (admittedly rare) Arnoff / decoy cheese.
iii) Vivienne and Cosimo banishing leaders
iv) it will not brick whatever future meme card you are making for misterhabbla to reveal.

Please fix this...preferably before 2022, though I'm sure it will have to wait until after 2077, like Gwent usually does...

They're tokens, hence no cost.

I've never run into any of those situations, but I can see why they can be considered issues.

@Draconifors You need to branch out man, play some meme cards. don't reroll the 20 or 40 artifacts quest and live a little in casual mode.

Seriously though, I do enjoy traps and new cards so it has happened to me twice this month on Pitfall and Triangle (it is too soon for TwT to be born.) The dev team keeps making Leader Abilities that deploy tokens and new cards that reference provision costs, so it is better to address it sooner than later.

I definitely agree that any unique tokens (at the very least, the handful that are Played) should have some sort of Provision cost. Pitfall Trap should never deal 0 damage; it doesn't even have a alternative Spring activation.

Edit: On second thought, there's no reason for any card to be lacking a Provision cost. Even the generic tokens, like Drones and Elven Deadeyes, could be given Provision costs between 1 and 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom