Please give us a walk button on console

+
Please give us a walk button on console

This is my first Witcher game on a console (PS4) and I love it, the only thing that is really bugging me is there is no walk button. When I'm trying to loot bodies or use the witchers sight Geralt moves way too fast even when I try to tilt the analog stick just a little bit. If you could implement some kind of button where we could walk at a slower pace I would be eternally grateful.

I'm playing with controller on pc and have not that issue. I can even walk slowly and fast. Are you not able to walk at all?

Im on PS4 and agree that the sensitivity needs changing. I can walk run etc but it needs a bigger zone on the stick that is walking, its too sensitive.

I used to find it quite difficult going from an Xbox controller or even pc controller to a playstation one because it was way too sensitive compares to the latter.

It's just way too sensitive, I'm not saying it breaks the game or makes it unplayable. Just too sensitive when tilting the analog.

The normal movement speed is definitely crazy. Even on PC I find it difficult to loot unless I switch to walking because I keep moving past the body.

Dunno what you guys are doing, but walking is like any other game... it's really not that hard to walk. Just.... don't jerk the joysticks around and calm down. :p

This is my first Witcher game on a console (PS4) and I love it, the only thing that is really bugging me is there is no walk button. When I'm trying to loot bodies or use the witchers sight Geralt moves way too fast even when I try to tilt the analog stick just a little bit. If you could implement some kind of button where we could walk at a slower pace I would be eternally grateful.

.... using a gamepad, we can already walk slowly, walk faster, run and sprint. Also I notice that the sensitivity is the same as other games with the same feature.

Of course, if you are using a heavily abused controller with loose analog sticks it would be a pain.

walking is fine. but running is just meh. big pile ****. It is worse than the Witcher 2. There's huge amount of unnecessary animations and the button delay makes me crazy. They REALLY NEED TO FIX THIS.

I would just like a bigger range for the walk on the analogue stick, no need for a separate button if you didnt need to be quite so precise with your stick movements to walk.

I can walk/run just fine. When I'm out in the open with no nearby destination.

However when trying to loot, pick herbs, or mount a horse that you're already near. It can become cumbersome when you add in the factor of the large turn radius the character has.

It seems you go too far past your objective, or the turn radius causes the camera to pan around and you have to do this weird thing of turn around, walk 5 paces away, line up with the target, walk back to it, and when getting near it start gently easing closer and closer so not to pass it up or get on top of it, and find that sweet spot where you can perform the action of
Loot/pick/mount.

The normal movement speed is definitely crazy. Even on PC I find it difficult to loot unless I switch to walking because I keep moving past the body.

It's not the movement speed that's crazy. There are two things making the movement controls a hassle and those are:

1. When you press the forward movement key on PC, Geralt starts walking, and then, after half a second, he goes into running, instead of starting running from the beginning like any other game. This makes it so you can't really tell where Geralt is going to be after a couple of seconds because he just accelerates out of the blue.
2. The second and most annoying thing, although "realistic" is that Geralt has momentum. This means that when you stop pressing the movement key to go forward, Geralt will still move for a short while, like maybe less than half a second, but it's there, and it make it that you don't fully stop moving when you ACTUALLY give the order to the character.
These two things are quite annoying and I'd say they should be fixed.

I play XBone and i was having the same problem buddy!! i kept walking past (or through :unsure: ) the loot containers!

Initially i put it down to the fact that i haven't played many games recently, and am probably a bit rusty on the old controller. However when i was looking through the menu, there is an option to adjust the sensitivity of the left thumb stick and right thumb stick independently.

So i moved the left thumb stick sensitivity down a little, and maybe it was just a mental thing, but it seems to be easier for me now!

Playing on PS4 and it definitely is way too sensitive from going from walking to running. It just doesn't feel right and hope the CDPR gives us a patch to at least adjust this in the options.

Top Bottom