PLEASE HELP ! MY GRAPHIC IS DAMAGE ! (PC)

+
(PC) need urgent help! have a graphic bug that creates a white wall. the game also does not longer change the night and day mode. it always remains as if is night with very low visibility/fog (see picture!). it's not my hardware. initially still a restart worked, which now also no longer helps! if I load an old savegame where this error did not occur everything is ok again. until again after a few hours this bug occurs! so I can not play the game!

Attachments

• grafikbug.jpg
    grafikbug.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 437
no its not fog! i can fast forward the game 5 days and also change the areas. it does not change anymore. there is also no day and night change from that point on. the graphic is damage

Attachments

• grafikbug2.jpg
    grafikbug2.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 187
I too think that this might be a glitch from the game, and I must admit, this looks very displeasing.

It is possible that your save file might be bricked and bugged with this fog weather forever.
Try reloading an older save file where you hadn't the fog, do you have it there as well? If not, then this is definitely a huge problem, similar to the safe file corruption issue.

I recommend saving regularly and keeping save files with that. Whenever you enter a weather change, have a save file not too long back just in case your weather gets stuck endlessly in your safe file.

Either way, definitely send a report to CDPR here please:

Edit:
In fact, I think this is what we're all experiencing already, because the weather seems to be stuck for most people just being as clear as it is (no rain, no fog, no anything - only sunny weather or clear night weather) while the environment however changes to said situations like wet streets from rain etc.
However, in your case, you seem to be stuck with the fog weather which now won't change at all.

Cheers
TalentX

Last edited:
no this is not fog weather. this looks completely different. i was only in my menu for 1 minute, turned around and since then the game looks like this. a savegame from yesterday does not fix the error either. the game is now completely broken. 1 play 143 hours and this is the first time. i can not reset the problem. have now reported it to support. i doubt they will read my message #cry (sorry for my bad english... im from germany)

In this case you may want to try repairing game files using either GOG or the Steam client (depending on which version you have).
Also remove any mods you may have installed.

Another thing you could test is by resetting game settings and progression.
Go to to following directories from your Windows user profile, you can simply copy-paste it to your file explorer's URL-Bar (your username should be replaced automatically with the variable):
  • C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Within the Saved Games folder, the save files are stored, and within the AppData Local folder, the settings from the menus and user controls are stored.

Just rename the two folders "Cyberpunk 2077" inside these paths to "Cyberpunk_2077" (just add an underline between the space) without deleting anything in their respective directories (this method equals backing the files up while also removing them from the game). Alternatively you can backup these to somewhere else and restore it later from there.
After that launch the game and start a new game (The game will create new standard "Cyberpunk 2077" folders without underlines automatically). Once you're in-game, check if the fog is gone or not.

If the fog is gone, you can then try restoring your save files depending on the situation from the folders you renamed previously.
If you have followed my advise, you will have two folders on each path, "Cyberpunk 2077" (which is the new one) and "Cyberpunk_2077" (which is your backup with your old saves and settings). I would advise starting restoring the save files first and simply leave the settings, as this culprit could lie there. Simply copy-paste the files from "Cyberpunk_2077" to the folder "Cyberpunk 2077" which has no underlines.

If all workarounds mentioned above won't do it, then try reinstalling the game entirely by first properly uninstalling it.

This glitch or whatever causes it, is kind of odd.
I hope this solves the issue, I am afraid I cannot do more to help.

Cheers
TalentX

Last edited:
i have already fixed the game ... has helped nothing ... a reinstallation has also brought nothing ... the save files are all ok! after some time the error occurs again ... the error is not because of "my" hardware and also not because of "my" game files ... the error is in the programming of the game ... only cdpr can fix it ... it is 100% a graphics bug ... many users have this problem

i have already fixed the game ... has helped nothing ... a reinstallation has also brought nothing ... the save files are all ok! after some time the error occurs again ... the error is not because of "my" hardware and also not because of "my" game files ... the error is in the programming of the game ... only cdpr can fix it ... it is 100% a graphics bug ... many users have this problem
May I ask how you managed to fix it then?
At least you have found a workaround which is great!

Cheers
TalentX

May I ask how you managed to fix it then?
At least you have found a workaround which is great!

Cheers
TalentX

i have not been able to solve the problem. with a lot of luck it helps to restart the game several times. after changing areas in the game, the graphics bug is back.

Just out of curiosity(and for the purpose of reproducing the bug) which hardware/settings are you running?

It would be helpful to specify what hardware you are using? Because if you are using HDR, there are a few things that are likely causing it.

First, the default HR settings in this game are not even close to be right. Usually, games default to 1000 nits, and this one started out quite low (if I call correctly).

Most agree that the best HDR settings in this game is 1000 nits and 1.0 to 1.5 tone mapping.

Second, you may be having issues because Windows 10 is bugging out. HDR support in Windows 10 has come a long way, but still is problematic at times. For me, when it glitches, it does produce a very washed out look (as in your pictures). To "fix" it, go to windows HDR settings and disable HDR and then turn it back on.

Third, is your monitor and GPU are not happy together. Updating your GRPU drivers would be a good idea if they are not the latest. Also check for updated firmware for the monitor.

Forth, your GPU driver may have become corrupted. Over the years, I've seen many strange problems be fixed by using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to completely remove GPU driver, and then rebooting and reinstalling the latest.

Lastly, your HDMI cable may be bad and not able to really handle the bandwidth. I've run across this issue over the years when I accidentally use a cheap and old HDMI cable -- which was never designed/tested/certified to transfer at the rates needed by modern technologies.

Top Bottom