Please help with Christmas present: Pentiment on PC

+
I want to buy this for a friend that usually does not play games on her PC. So she has no Steam account nor a game pass account or anything like that.
I see I can buy the game on Amazon to get a download of the game. But I am afraid that means it will download and install to my PC and be associated with my amazon account?

Has anyone ever had any experience with buy a game like this digitally to give to someone else?

This sort of thing use to be so much easier when games came on disks with box art. :(

Last edited:
I sometimes buy download versions of games on Amazon.
So far it was never linked to an account.

In this case it seems to be a key for the Xbox Live store (at least it says DRM: Xbox Live), so I doubt it will be any different.

Personally I use CDkeys.com.

It's always extremely simple. Create an account, buy the game you want. The CDkey is delivered to your CD-key account but can be redeemed through whichever platform/account you chose, just copy and paste basically. The only thing you have to be careful about is the regions the CD-key might be locked to but in the case of CP2077, it's a worldwide version redeemable through GoG. They also indicate it very clearly if you can activate it in your country.

The game is also slightly more discounted there than it is on GoG

Top Bottom