Please Hotfix the 0 Damage on Weapon bug..

+
Man, this is so anyoing, esp for melee build.

i still dont know whats causing it, either entering a vehicle or putting away the weapon, but for some reason some weapons show 0 dps.

I just had this big, too. I was running with Satori and alternatively with a crafted legendary Katana and all of the sudden the one I use has 0 dps and attack speed. Only reloading helps as I can't kill anything with this. And it happens all the time. Ervery 5 minutes the weapons bug out, sometimes mid mission. I have to completely start over in that case. I am sorry to say that, but this game is an unfinished mess and should have never been released like this. It damaged the company and the franchise beyond believe. Release finished games or do not release them at all. This is bullshit. I am hella annoyed. The list of what is wrong with the game is longer than what is right with it. It is crazy.

Last edited:
So, i thought this was only a visual bug. Now since day one and getting both my storage areas all set up...ive noticed that all weapons say 0.0 until you pull them out into your inventory. They show normal damage and operate just fine afterwards.

Im not a melee build at all so perhaps its a melee specific issue. Its certainly not effecting rifles or pistols in any way at all.

So, i thought this was only a visual bug. Now since day one and getting both my storage areas all set up...ive noticed that all weapons say 0.0 until you pull them out into your inventory. They show normal damage and operate just fine afterwards.

It happens independently from the storage mess, which can ruin your items. An item might lose one of its properties after putting it into the storage and taking it out again. The lost property stays lost. So be mindful with the storage.

The zero dps bug during gameplay, however, is not a visual glitch. You literally deal zero damage. And due to the attack rate being 0 as well, the animations are gimped on top of that. Only a reload is of temporary help. Until the glitch strikes again. And it seems to happen randomly.

for melee the only thing fixing it is going back to the main menu and load a save. thankfully you can just save when the bug occurs and load that save instead of an earlier one.

and yes, the storage thing ive seen as well... quite annoying if you have multiple versions in storage and want to know which to take out...

Heya..just wanna bump this because i got the same problem and really hope tis gonna be fixed soon-ish :)

Droping the weapon to the ground an picking it up also fixes the issue. I guess it is because some weapons i can upgrade higher than my level would allow. It seems only effect those melee weapons, but not sure. Its annoying and destroys melee builds, because you have to watch your blade every 3 min.

Droping the weapon to the ground an picking it up also fixes the issue. I guess it is because some weapons i can upgrade higher than my level would allow. It seems only effect those melee weapons, but not sure. Its annoying and destroys melee builds, because you have to watch your blade every 3 min.
Thanks for the tip, had a 2k socket wrench go to zero right before storming the hospital... back to normal after drop and pickup. Hope they fix this one soon.

Thats the only quick fix I've found too, but it will happen again very soon. Loading a save can fix it longer from my end.

LOL I thought the 0 DPS on Melee weapons is something normal and it's due to "wear" of the weapon :))) CD Projekt Red really screwed us over with this bug! I thought it's a feature!!
You kill 10-50 enemies and your weapon "destroy's itself" so you have to craft or buy another one.
I threw away so many Katanas lol :)))

same here , go to a shop and loose +- 50% of my DPS...also unwear some piece of clothes....WTF ????????
Post automatically merged:

got a solution , i think this is no bug : go to a ripperdoc and change "johny's tatoo" in ur hand by a smart link ... this is a bad joke from JSH while he controled u ....

Last edited:
Happened to me right after telling Skippy that I would keep him... wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I got the bug in my first game and didn't even find Skippy there. And the tatoo is not the problem, because you got it really late and the bug occured far earlier.

Got this bug today too. Weapon (legendary katana, precisely) became more and more slowed, after some use (slicing and dicing some gonks). To zero attack speed and zero dps. Mantis blades too. Occured just today, after almost 60 hours in game. Maybe some newly picked talents is the cause of this problem? I just picked talent in cold blood, which remove cold blood stacks not all at once, but one by one.
Fix is the same, as for users above - just reload and all is fine (but it's tedious and frustrating).
EDIT: tested via tabula e-rasa respec - problem, at least for me, is in perk COAGULANT in cold blood tree- when i removed it, all became fine again. Melee weapons and cybernetics stopped losing attack speed after each fight.

Last edited:
same here , go to a shop and loose +- 50% of my DPS...also unwear some piece of clothes....WTF ????????
Post automatically merged:

got a solution , i think this is no bug : go to a ripperdoc and change "johny's tatoo" in ur hand by a smart link ... this is a bad joke from JSH while he controled u ....
No I already changed it back but I still have this bug from time to time.

I think the bug is coming from a cybermod, synaptic accelerator, on my end most of the time happend just after i use it

One thing I've noticed about the dps to 0 bug, is that the dps seems to slowly load back in (atleast at my side)
My kukri gone all the way to 0 after a hackfest and I switched to my assault rifle for the rest. Bit later on I noticed the Kukri gotten some DPS again (not the full DPS) and much later on again it was back to normal.
Happened exactly the same way again bit later. Its as if there is an actual charge limit on melee weapons and them require to recharge. Atleast this is at my side so.

Top Bottom