Please just remove this police "system"

+
I'd rather have no cops at all instead of literal armies of them INSTANTLY spawning in MY FREAKING FACE after I shot some lone hobo in a dark alley with no whitnesses what so ever.

It boggles my mind how that made it into the game. What the hell was the thought process behind that? Someone at CDPR saw this broken, nonfunctionen placeholder of a "system" and said "yes, that's good, that makes total sense, that should be in the final game". NO! Cops should show up in a cars after a certain time, if a NPC whitnessed you comitting a crime... The fact that this has to be pointed out is just sad. A toddler could have told you that this shouldn't be in the game.

It completly ruins some quest oprions. Like the one where you have to get that Extrme Braindance for Judy. If you kill the guy instead of buying it from him (whitch is obviously an option that was accounted for, since the quest log updates) cops start spawning arround the corner THE SECOND HE DIES.... WHYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How does that make sense??????????

And the Sinnerman quest. Let's say you just want to do the job and shot the guy when they stop under the bridge. Cops start spawning all around you out of no where, and makes that route almost impossible on higher difficulties. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! SO REMOVE IT!!!!!

I can live with all the other problems this game has, many of them don't either bother that much or haven't affected me. But this is just dumb. Can not wrap my head arround why this is a thing.

This, in my view, is a decision of the 'game design director': perform the mission, exit the game and buy DLCs. Nobody makes mistakes on that level, as you well write.

There's no functional 'police chase' in this game. Probably got axed during development because V is so OP later in the game and can eliminate an entire squad of 10+ cops in under 5 seconds .

I'm guessing that the Trauma team was originally supposed to be the real 'police' in the game, it'd be much more logical and quite 'cool' if TT's drop ship can spawn near your location and deploy TT if you assaulted one of their platinum plan holders . All the basic mechanics were there, and can be seen put into good use in one of the scripted early missions but sadly this cool thing got axed from actual free roam gameplay as well.

So yeah, in the end the only real logical threat in this game is that one random explosive barrel in the environment that you accidentally hit during a blade fight frenzy and explodes in your face.... lol

Last edited:
Boy you sure do like the idea of just randomly killing people don't you.
A major issue is accidentally driving over people with the car, when vehicles are very difficult to control on the keyboard (and at low fps) AND when said NPCs don't react to you honking your car horn in any way or in general have any regard for their own safety.

So yeah, when I accidentally give an airhead NPC a bump and get a police warrant, that is an issue. Not shooting people.

And when we DO get the police warrant, police just appear out of thin air right on top of you and start shooting. And when you hop into your car and drive two blocks away, they instantly drop the warrant. They are wholly incapable of chasing.

I'd like to say that the police system and NPC AI could use improving.

This tbh. Better to have no system at all than a broken one.

It's not like the crime system has any enduring impact on gameplay since you can just run away and clear the bounty in a few seconds. It's literally pointless. A gamplay system that leaves you exactly where you started is a system that should have been cut because it serves no purpose.

Police system....broken or not....should just stay. Its at least something that makes you think with decisions, keeps you a bit more sane and not become an out of control street killer with no ramifications for it. Yea yea, i know...the irony. :p

Consequences man......consequences. We need some kind of order...even though its a bit borked up.

Desperately needs fixing.

GTA and Saints Rown have it down pretty damn good. One of the simplest ways to pigeon hole V if the player cause too much violence is air support.

Even at max level, an armored APC with 4-5 cops all doing 200-300 damage per shot as well as hacking would wreck even seasoned players since the player can't take to the air.

Just like chickens and horses reporting crimes in Skyrim, this is a travesty of game mechanic and should not have been given the green-light.

Recommendation on how police "should" behave:

At 1 star, they spawn in off map with 1-2 patrol cars, no one on foot, and 1-2 ariel drones. They then search the area around where the crime was committed.

2 Stars brings in heavier troops, should be close to the player level but not over. So another 2-3 patrol cars, drones, a Grid Runner for hacking or revealing the players position (meaning if the player continues to fight the cops, they need to deal with the grid runner to remain unseen).

3 Stars pulls out the big guns. APC's, more drones, Mini Guns, Power and smart machine guns, snipers, etc. But most of all, Air Support.

Spawn range in general is completely borked. Is why many civilian NPC's who are in idle (practicing boxing moves, eating, drinking, sitting, etc.) can be seen as one version, but if you walk away and go around a corner which causes them to de-spawn, then come back (literally only going 10 feet away), they morph into a completely different person. You can do this in real time and see the same NPC change bodies dozens of times in a row.

If it's a performance concern, The higher leveled cops can just be given OP rating armor and gear, so less of them are needed to pose a threat to V.

Drop in a single cop in a mech suit, with maxed armor, a cyberdeck that rebounds damage and other features, and most players will be forced to run, or make specific gear builds to take on the cops. Which SHOULD be an option, but require forethought because they are packing mil-spec gear

As for mass murdering civilians. A simple fix:

Have it remove street cred. Fixers are not going to want to hire someone for work if they are merc-ing out innocent civilians for no reason. Removing street cred can represent the word getting out on the street of a serial killer, or nut job, making fixers wary of hiring V.

Technically, it should also lock-out certain side gigs. Same for stealth missions. If Regina needs someone taken alive and you kill them, she should not just say "meh, that's okay. Oh, here's the next job". A loss of street cred for not performing the job as requested, as well as a cut in pay, or even losing a Fixer is all appropriate responses to someone who can't do the job they are asked.

Until Street Cred is changed to reflect your allegiance to specific gangs, factions, etc. losing street cred is an immediate effect that will penalize a player who wants to run around just killing people. Especially in a heavily surveilled area. In the table top game, committing murder on camera will get you splattered on the evening news first thing, with bounties placed on your head and mercenaries coming after you within just days.

Entire careers can be ended by being such a loose cannon. Which translates to losing street cred.

If you REALLY want to push it, and make it feel more like Cyberpunk, a Faction system is needed. So you may be in tight with the Mox, and mortal enemies of the Tiger Claws, while the cops remain neutral.

But fix the cops. Please

Police system....broken or not....should just stay. Its at least something that makes you think with decisions, keeps you a bit more sane and not become an out of control street killer with no ramifications for it. Yea yea, i know...the irony. :p

Consequences man......consequences. We need some kind of order...even though its a bit borked up.

Yeah I agree. I'd rather see it fixed than to remove it all together. At least there's an illusion of a police presence and I can just role play the consequences.

They should just ask the Watch Dogs Legion team of ubisoft their AI scripts (as well advice for driving, texture quality and performance)... the comparison between the NPCs behaviour of both games is not flattering for CDPR, which is quite sad considering the difference in time and money to produce both games.

It makes sense that they know where you are... As they know when u finish a quest for the ncpd and pay you, your occular implant is a spy. I only got killed by cops 3 times... Testing stuff... I don't Go randowly killing civilians... There zero Fun on It... But i miss the quests for gangs... having tô choose a side... This gigs get easier to fast.
Post automatically merged:

If they arrived in flying cars like the animation in the beggining of the game... With light spots and sirens... Megaphones shouting "Surrender V or we will kill you" i guess that would be better.

A major issue is accidentally driving over people with the car, when vehicles are very difficult to control on the keyboard (and at low fps) AND when said NPCs don't react to you honking your car horn in any way or in general have any regard for their own safety.

The worst part, although this is the case with many games; even RDR2: People will dodge you, but they ALWAYS dodge into you. Every. Single. Time. It's like they are suicidal.

It makes sense that they know where you are... As they know when u finish a quest for the ncpd and pay you, your occular implant is a spy. I only got killed by cops 3 times... Testing stuff... I don't Go randowly killing civilians... There zero Fun on It... But i miss the quests for gangs... having tô choose a side... This gigs get easier to fast.

If they arrived in flying cars like the animation in the beggining of the game... With light spots and sirens... Megaphones shouting "Surrender V or we will kill you" i guess that would be better.

On my first playthrough I didn't encounter cops once. I'm not talking about going on random murdering sprees. I'm talking about doing things that are totally plausible in a setting like this.

For example not wanting to pay for that XBD when you can just pop they guy and take it, is a more than legit option and nothing out of the ordanary. And it happens even if you do it completly stealthy.
Same with that Fixer in that same quest line (Fingers I thank is his name). If you kill him IN HIS ROOM, 'cause, well, he's kind of a psycho, cops can spawn in there with you or in the damn closet...

Or those crime activities where gangs are threatening civillians. Accidentally hit the civillians with an AOE, or they run through my line of fire or something... BOOM, instantly 4 stars and 5 trillion cops appear around me within a nano second.

Last edited:
The worst part, although this is the case with many games; even RDR2: People will dodge you, but they ALWAYS dodge into you. Every. Single. Time. It's like they are suicidal.

Its not perfect in other games either. GTA drives me nuts with its drivers that simply don't follow the traffic at all and will always, ALWAYS cut you off or turn in front of you if they can do it. Its so consistent I've theorized that it is intentional and designed to delay the player as much as possible. Something to do with the fact that 90% of traffic lights are always red when you are driving, so cars from the side will always drive in front of you in crossings.

Police system....broken or not....should just stay. Its at least something that makes you think with decisions, keeps you a bit more sane and not become an out of control street killer with no ramifications for it. Yea yea, i know...the irony.

There should be a police system in CP2077, just not this one. It should prolly be completely revamped.

When i first saw this game, it seemed like my dream game, i love the cyberpunk genre, going back to playing the old Syndicate and Shadowrun games... but when my friend told me there were no police chases that really turned me off.

Im still very interested in this game, but the lack of a police system is the deal breaker for me.
I cant play an open world urban game if police chases are not present.

[...] My first playthrough on Red dead 2 i did using knives only (except on horses) and in First person, going on mass murder sprees was some of the most fun i have ever had in a video game.

Whats the point in having a virtual world if you cant trash it and laugh as the authorities attempt to apprehend you?

Please CDPR... Fix this one system, and you will have another customer, and likely many more, and [...]... added revenue means better game in the long run... i can overlook the other bugs... just get me a functional police system, and i will get this game [...].

Last edited by a moderator:
my thoughts exactly. They wont be able to implement proper police system because its takes tremendous amount of resources same with ai. Just remove police, skills, street cred system, remove junk items replace it with just eddies and this game will look better also you will have more resources to polish other parts of the game.

my thoughts exactly. They wont be able to implement proper police system because its takes tremendous amount of resources same with ai. Just remove police, skills, street cred system, remove junk items replace it with just eddies and this game will look better also you will have more resources to polish other parts of the game.
This is actually not a bad suggestion. I mean, one of the big defenses of the game is that it is story and character driven. So why not cut out all the extraneous mechanics and just focus on that? No more crafting or skills, you just buy either guns or cars. Simple.

Top Bottom