Please Let Us Counter-Attack From Blocks

+
Please Let Us Counter-Attack From Blocks

Is anyone else ticked off you can't counter-attack from the blocking stance? Geralt has a short delay everytime he drops his guard before doing another animation. Which means if you want to counter-attack you need to have your guard lowered before hand. This isn't such a problem with melee attacks, since they have fairly long animations. But it's incredibly annoying with archers, which are nearly instantaneous. If you want to reflect an arrow you need to have your guard lowered beforehand, which leaves Geralt exposed to attacks from all directions.

Personally, this is something I wish they would change. It seems like common sense that if you get the timing of a counter-attack right then Geralt should counter-attack. You shouldn't need to worry about a half-second delay between dropping your guard and raising it again.

But you can counter-attack from a blocking stance.

Are you sure? Last I checked Geralt has to lower his guard completely before blocking again. If you're already holding the block button and press it again quickly it doesn't work. Maybe it only works with counter-attacks, but not arrows. idk.

EDIT: I just double-checked in game, and I'm still correct. Geralt has a half-second animation where he lowers his arms when you release the block button. This animation has to complete before you can counter-attack. This doesn't make much different when counter-attacking melee attacks because the enemy animation usually lasts longer than the delay. But when you're reflecting arrows you need split second timing, and that half-second is enough of a delay for you to miss.

Last edited:
what I would like is for ciri to be able to counter attack in her playable sequences

Me too and i was really surprised that she couldn't. T'was actually something Geralt taught her.

To OPs problem...
That's the thing. You have to time your blocks correctly, otherwise no counterattack. It's always been like that, since the beginning of mankind ..
People are already complaining that this game is way too easy (and they're right btw), so having a regular block ending in an counterattack would just add to this feeling.
Just time your blocks correctly, it's not that hard. Even for Arrows/Bolts.

Top Bottom