PLEASE make it easier to dismember enemies with ranged weapons

+

For some reason, every time I shoot someone's head even with a shotgun in front of their eyes, the head doesn't explode.

It's freaking weird that pistol shots blow off heads every time, yet shotguns or some ridiculously powerful gunshots to the head never trigger gory explosion(they take off small chunk of head instead).

Besides head explosions(?), limb mutilations are very hard to trigger with firearms and it seems I can do it only once per enemy. If I blow off one arm with a gun I can't dismember other limbs, whereas it's fairly easy to stack dismemberment with blades. Also, corpses in general can't be dismembered further most of the times.

I reckon there's some fundamental coding issues with dismemberment in CP2077.

Last edited:

mbrto

Forum regular
are they really hard to trigger?
i usually play non-lethal and when i forget to attach the pax mod i notice immediately because limbs go flying pretty quickly

are they really hard to trigger?
I think it depends on the weapon and like I said, pistols trigger it pretty well for the headshots.

Now that I think of it, shotguns and tech rifles shoot multiple pellets at once. I think the game calculates dismemberment "overkill" damage per a projectile, not per the total damage dealt in a short timeframe, and that is maybe the reason it is harder to trigger dismemberment with shotguns or tech rifles.

In vanilla the player gets overpowered very quickly and one-shot everyone in late game. In those cases, a single pellet from shotguns and tech rifles would have enough damage to trigger dismemberment. I think that is why some players could see dismemberment pretty often.

Last edited:
Well, Overwatch sniper rifle blows up heads with basically every headshot for me. But i always aim for the head, so i didn't really notice if that's the same for arms and legs. I'll give it a try.

Well, Overwatch sniper rifle blows up heads with basically every headshot for me. But i always aim for the head, so i didn't really notice if that's the same for arms and legs. I'll give it a try.
Power pistols, and power rifles pop off heads every time.
The problem is with multi-projectile guns like tech weapons and shotguns.
I think there is some coding issues with dismemberment for those weapons .

Power pistols, and power rifles pop off heads every time.
The problem is with multi-projectile guns like tech weapons and shotguns.
I think there is some coding issues with dismemberment for those weapons .

Well, like you said that's probably because the dismemberment mechanic kicks in the moment the damage is very high compared to the enemy's remaining health, but the way it works now, the damage is calculated for every single bullet, not for the total. So, if the damage comes from a multi-projectile weapon, damage has to be high for the SINGLE last bullet hitting your opponent before he dies for the dismemberment to happen.

I think it happens based on crit hits. Blades work the same. Crits always result in dismemberment. The reason you're getting beheading on pistols is because they have a really high crit rate. Especially if you're leveling "cool" and get crit % raised based on being hidden.

mbrto

Forum regular
since 1.2 you can stack crit chance & crit damage with bully & fortuna if that helps

I solved this problem by installing a mod called "Weapon Mod Overdrive" which allows you to install Iconic weapons effects like any other regular mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1714

Iconic assault rifle MORON LABE has "High dismembering probability" effect and I attached that weapon's effect to my shotgun.

Now body parts are flying all over the places.

As always, the modding community saved my day.

Top Bottom