Please make the game harder, specially bosses

+
And? Do Far Cry's ( Far Cry 3 I'm speaking about)QTE bosses complement story?
Games have difficulty levels, if you think something is too easy, you try to play not on easy, but on normal. Also you can make cringe yt video about how easy is to beat some boss (which for some reason is like beginning of this discussion). Game is separate entity and it will tell story different way than anime.
That's simple, yet hard to grasp for some invdividuals. Play Sekiro of some Dark Souls if you want to waste 3 hours of your life to learn how to avoid scripted moves of some character, because there's no way you can beat some of them on first try. But when you will waste 3 hours of your time to learn it oh hey some boss have 2nd or 3rd phase haha, try again. What kind of fun gameplay it is and why people want something similar in games designed to chill out with rich lore, and actual story is beyond my understanding. Plus obviously most of developers want as many players as possible to finish their games.
Like I said: V >>>>>> David, in anime and game, main protagonists are different people. Wow...

It really reminds me discussion about how Witcher 3 combat was "bad" when it was almost perfect for this kind of game.
why do you people not understand the point of not being challenging and fair?
and what's the reason you bring witcher 3 into this?
in that game, the combat has a variation of depth in many from and the gameplay world complements the kind of story they were trying to tell

when people say harder it's not mean to crank it to the hardest possible

that's the equivalence of there's someone who said he's going to hit the gym today and you expect him to become buff like mister Olympia immediately on that day, that's false logic in your head

And? Do Far Cry's ( Far Cry 3 I'm speaking about)QTE bosses complement story?
Games have difficulty levels, if you think something is too easy, you try to play not on easy, but on normal. Also you can make cringe yt video about how easy is to beat some boss (which for some reason is like beginning of this discussion). Game is separate entity and it will tell story different way than anime.
That's simple, yet hard to grasp for some invdividuals. Play Sekiro of some Dark Souls if you want to waste 3 hours of your life to learn how to avoid scripted moves of some character, because there's no way you can beat some of them on first try. But when you will waste 3 hours of your time to learn it oh hey some boss have 2nd or 3rd phase haha, try again. What kind of fun gameplay it is and why people want something similar in games designed to chill out with rich lore, and actual story is beyond my understanding. Plus obviously most of developers want as many players as possible to finish their games.
Like I said: V >>>>>> David, in anime and game, main protagonists are different people. Wow...

It really reminds me discussion about how Witcher 3 combat was "bad" when it was almost perfect for this kind of game.
careful. a game is not allowed to be easy. a game thats hard is also not allowed to be easy lol.

I don't see the issue of an actual hard difficulty being added or done through mods if the game is already easy by default. Would that offend you or something?
im talking about the double standard going on here. if a game is casual in difficulty people complain to make it harder but if a game is too hard and people want casual difficulty thats not ok for some reason.

im totally ok with games starting with customizable difficulty, games that are "by design" casual difficulty, and games that are "by design" hard. its just funny to me that if the game was too hard and people came in here to suggest it be easier, people would be on the opposite side of the fence.

Last edited:
im totally ok with games starting with customizable difficulty, games that are "by design" casual difficulty, and games that are "by design" hard. its just funny to me that if the game was too hard and people came in here to suggest it be easier, people would be on the opposite side of the fence.
I would be all for it tbh, as long as its not forced and optional i dont really care. I play the game on the difficulty i want, very super easy would not be something i would play at but it would not bother me if it was availeble. Same with ultra mega super hard. i would rather have a custom settings options but.

Its the same with the Dark souls games for me, granted im not a big fan so i might be missing something. Easy mode would not bother me in the least. I would just not play at it, they would never do that tho and im ok with that too. If they hard changed every mode too easymode i would have a problem tho.

I would be all for it tbh, as long as its not forced and optional i dont really care. I play the game on the difficulty i want, very super easy would not be something i would play at but it would not bother me if it was availeble. Same with ultra mega super hard. i would rather have a custom settings options but.

Its the same with the Dark souls games for me, granted im not a big fan so i might be missing something. Easy mode would not bother me in the least. I would just not play at it, they would never do that tho and im ok with that too. If they hard changed every mode too easymode i would have a problem tho.

Same here.

I couldn't care less what difficulty players play their single player, non competitive game at. There is absolutely no logical reason to be against the implementation of such a system since it does not affect you in the slightest unless you want it to.

It seems people have a thing for trying to control other people's gaming habits.

Just as reminder, there was a thread just after the 1.5 update which was about the difficulty too, but the opposite :giggle:
(so yeah, customizable difficulty seem to me to be the way to go to "please" everyone^^)

Just as reminder, there was a thread just after the 1.5 update which was about the difficulty too, but the opposite :giggle:
(so yeah, customizable difficulty seem to me to be the way to go to "please" everyone^^)
yep the problem with 2077 is when push the harder difficulty it's not being challenging it's infuriating
since they just amp up the damage, make enemies become bullet sponges, remove the first shot always miss

people want the level of challenge and fairness to some degree

most of the time they either said 'HARDER PLZ' or 'EASIER PLZ' because common people do not understand the mechanical or game design term to describe what they are looking for

the harder difficulty is not well optimized

the mechanic of the game tied too much only to the numbers for difficulty's sake

that's why when modders tried to shift gameplay toward challenging and fair they not only just modified numbers left and right just to be higher

sometimes they just lower numbers like I already said they make the gameplay using harder decisions to execution
enemies' HP are lower but they are immune to some tactics which put players on the edge and make more tactical decisions when the META they always relied on is not available

something like that

not just firing brainlessly to the same enemies for dozen whole mag and they still not died type of hard difficulty

This is flawed logic. You can do whatever you want to tell story. It's not like there's only one way to tell it, focus on story in video games. Witcher 3 was praised because game was able to tell good story in open world.
What about Far Cry 3 "bosses"? They were glorified QTE.
Tbh Cyberpunk is focused also on gameplay, to the point, when it's almost some kind of sandbox gameplay-combat game, who is even able to comepete with it? Bethesda? Don't think so. Rockstar? :)
Problem with bosses is ofc: anime and how it portrayed for example Smasher. Anime is different than game, because game is designed to be beaten by players, same with all enemies.
I could ignore whole debate by saying: V >>>>>> David Martinez.
Adam Smasher's portrayal in the anime is consistent to the tabletop.

The game is the outlier, and again, Adam Smasher's involvement in the story is that he's meant to be an overwhelming threat. When he's a pathetically easy boss fight to the point people have harder times on Danger Very High side jobs, and the enemies you fight before him, that's a problem. It HURTS the storytelling, it hurts the idea of revenge that you're supposed to be feeling at this point.

Wow, I didn't expect these many replies to my initial post ^^

For me, one of the issues that I had is that ennemies don't use enough abilities, tools or healing. It's not so much about how much damage they deal or can take.

I noticed that ennemies got more abilities like dodging bullets since a few patches ago. This is the kind of difficulty I love. It's not so much about the damage of the ennemies or their health. They need to be tricky and force you to play around their abilities.

Also, bosses were also a little bit buggy sometimes and didn't feel scary enough on Very Hard difficulty.

You could also adapt these abilities depending on the difficulty. For example, on the Very Hard difficulty, Adam Smasher should be faster, have a Sandevistan and some more abilities. And only the legendary Sandevistan should work against him and slow him a little bit (not fully). The other ones should have him moving at normal speed (only slow the ennemies spawning to help Adam). Moreover, he should be very resistant to quickhacks and all weapons. And the armor penetration skill from energy weapons shouldn't be as effective against him (I remember destroying him in my first playthrough with this kind of build).

Also, on Very Hard ennemies should be aggressive, push you, corner you, flank you more and use more grenades too.

And lastly, healing items should have a cooldown. Otherwise it's just too easy.

Very Hard should be so hard that you should really consider playing a lower difficulty if you can't beat it. If it's too hard for you, just play on lower difficulties.

If the AI wasn't dumb AF, that would solve a part of the problem :

Of course NPCs need more tools to work against us, but that AI, seriously.

The table top is more hardcore than CP77 lol. If you want it to be harder go check out some mods on nexus. Especially the humanity mod. That should have been in game to begin with. I've personally normalized the weapons, removed all the looter shooter aspects so now I have to actually craft or purchase weapons and ammo. Clothing is no longer armor. You need to have mod slots to put the armadillo mods for armour. However, there is no mod to fix the dumb AI. The audio and visual detection of the AI is absolutely horrid.

And that's fine. To each their own after all. Like I said I'm of an older breed I guess but this thread is about the game being too easy.

what does age have to do with it? I wage 99% of "older" players want to feel really powerful too. I am 50. I find it's the other way around, it's young "souls game"-fans that argue that all games need to be as hard as Souls.
Post automatically merged:

adam's fight is just there to move the story along no other purpose. again this boss fight is a plot device.

it is not meant to be hard or challenging. nothing in this game is meant to be hard or challenging. just like the witcher series is not hard or challenging.

this is not the table top game.
this is not a souls like.
this is not a boss battle game.

many RPG's are like this. not hard to understand really.
And I keep dying about 2 times an hour on Normal. Not everyone is as "gud" as you are.

Yes, please avoid turning Cyberpunk into Dark Souls. Challenges are cool, but I play games for fun and would like to avoid smashing my television out of pure frustration because the game is unnecessarily difficult.

Last edited:
People are cheating/gaming the system for eddies/crafting materials. Play the game from start to finish on very hard without duping or money exploiting. Sure you won't be buying cars or renting apartments but the game gets exponentially more difficult/interesting. When you are always broke you have harder choices to make.
Post automatically merged:

I will say the game could use enemy level scaling at a certain point. Once you hit a certain level every npc feels way lower than you where as sub 30 there where still areas with red skull level enemies which made you think twice. After lvl 40 every cop mission is just a 10 second joke. Cop missions should always be your lvl imo with rewards based on saving the assault victim or letting then die by not acting fast enough or friendly fire matters

Last edited:
I will say the game could use enemy level scaling at a certain point. Once you hit a certain level every npc feels way lower than you where as sub 30 there where still areas with red skull level enemies which made you think twice. After lvl 40 every cop mission is just a 10 second joke. Cop missions should always be your lvl imo with rewards based on saving the assault victim or letting then die by not acting fast enough or friendly fire matters
Yes and no. The whole point of leveling up is so that you will become stronger than most of the random enemies you encounter. If the bad guys are always keeping pace with you, there is no incentive to improve yourself or your arsenal.

I think that campaign missions and gigs should probably scale as you gain experience, but some gigs should stagnate at a certain point. No one wants Beat the Brat to increase in difficulty as you level up, especially if you haven't invested in a Body centric build and don't like that sort of playstyle.

It's times like these when i wish that player character cyberpsychosis had been implemented in the 2077 video game since it was the way that Mike Pondsmith and the designers of the pen / paper game combatted min / max and other player build schemes designed to trivialize encounters. I still don't like mechanics that dictate how players enjoy their video game experience, but cyberpsychosis is baked into the rules of the pen / paper game so I could let that hitch slide. It would certainly be a better alternative for creating difficulty rather than increasing enemy damage output or turning every gangoon into a bullet sponge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom