Please make the police an actually engaging experience....

+
Since you tried to copy every from Metal Gear when it came to stealth, why not take a page out of GTA as well?

Cops endlessly spawning 5ft from you is a joke. Enough said.. Oh wait.. no its not...

They also utterly forget about you if you drive 1 block away.. lawls....
---------------------------------------------------

1) I need a way to "give up" to police, if my crime level is low.. (had a pedestrian walk into my parked car, and 10 police + a drone spawned 5ft from me and started blasting me to pieces). This should also come with a fine, depending on my crime level...

This completely takes away from the immersion that the rest of the game and story keep shoving down my throat, that police are slow to respond, low numbers, and sometimes just straight up ignore crime 60% of the time unless its a major problem *like a cyberpyscho".

Many of the times the police should just straight up not care about you until your crime stat gets to a certain level. Then they'll start looking for you, and higher than that they'll actively try to chase you, and higher than that, they send in those mecha police fuck everything bots, and flying cars to chase your ass down... I want my epic police chases through Night City trying to evade capture...

2) Speaking of which... You should be able to get away.... higher the crime stat the harder it gets, but should be feasible in some way.. (like if you have alot of stealth stats, and perks, and you destroy several flying vehicles, and broke contact, and are sneaking away.. super difficult, but.. feasible..

3) Ways to pay off fines from your computer in your apartment.

4) If I do get arrested, have a time lapse go by with "several days later" followed by a short cutscene of police driving up to my apartment, with me being tossed out of the police car and they drive away. (Would be pretty funny and awesome, and fit the whole scenario).

CDPR's Night City is so strange. There is violence everywhere but the police can instantaneously teleport to where a crime is happening within seconds. These types of issues are my biggest problem with the game. CDPR made a world with image or appearance that suggests one thing but the experience of it is very much the opposite. For instance drug dealers that don't sell drugs but instead sell medicine and legitimate health supplements. What lol? Talk about immersion breaking.

I genuinely love the story so far but the rest of the "world" is a joke.

CDPR's Night City is so strange. There is violence everywhere but the police can instantaneously teleport to where a crime is happening within seconds. These types of issues are my biggest problem with the game. CDPR made a world with image or appearance that suggests one thing but the experience of it is very much the opposite. For instance drug dealers that don't sell drugs but instead sell medicine and legitimate health supplements. What lol? Talk about immersion breaking.

I genuinely love the story so far but the rest of the "world" is a joke.

Yea, pretty much everything about what the story, lore, and dialogue tells you is not how the world feels at all.

Go and sit inside a police car in the game. It's completely immersive.

Yes, it is, but that's about it. There is a disconnect between the game or world lore and the gameplay. I encountered what I dubbed "illegal rave" at a Pacifica beach and decided to end it with explosives. One nade into the crowd, among them several "gangoons" that were the main target of course. I got an immediate, the moment the damage was applied, 2 or 3 level wanted rating. Moments later, I was swarmed by police.

NCPD. Swarming me for taking out some rave or beach party. In Pacifica. But everything in the lore or game world points against this, them being generally understaffed and not servicing Pacifica at all, I think.

Of course, those problems can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time by adjusting / expanding the code to make it more believable with responses, and alterating the response per area or turning it off (in Pacifica's case). But it's still a notable oddity you will encounter when you get a wanted level.

Getting a wanted level is another issue, it can go as far as bumping into someone. I don't think even in that time and in broad daylight and city center, cops will start blasting you for bumping into them.

Yes, it is, but that's about it. There is a disconnect between the game or world lore and the gameplay. I encountered what I dubbed "illegal rave" at a Pacifica beach and decided to end it with explosives. One nade into the crowd, among them several "gangoons" that were the main target of course. I got an immediate, the moment the damage was applied, 2 or 3 level wanted rating. Moments later, I was swarmed by police.

NCPD. Swarming me for taking out some rave or beach party. In Pacifica. But everything in the lore or game world points against this, them being generally understaffed and not servicing Pacifica at all, I think.

Of course, those problems can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time by adjusting / expanding the code to make it more believable with responses, and alterating the response per area or turning it off (in Pacifica's case). But it's still a notable oddity you will encounter when you get a wanted level.

Getting a wanted level is another issue, it can go as far as bumping into someone. I don't think even in that time and in broad daylight and city center, cops will start blasting you for bumping into them.

This message, brought to you by Metro Police.

The police experience (how they just materialize behind you even if you're standing on a rooftop) is jarring to say the least. This game is honestly pitiful. I don't know what they've been doing for the last 5 years, but it wasn't developing this game properly. It honestly feels like 90% of the game was developed under crunch conditions in the last year or two. Nothing feels complete. Everything feels half-assed and rushed. And the police are the least of the issues plaguing this game. The AI system in general is hot garbage. NPC's are painful to interact with, the traffic/NPC driving system is broken, enemy AI is kind of a joke. This game needs to be completely reworked, taken back to the drawing board and started over on many core systems. Because it's just utterly broken.

The police experience (how they just materialize behind you even if you're standing on a rooftop) is jarring to say the least. This game is honestly pitiful. I don't know what they've been doing for the last 5 years, but it wasn't developing this game properly. It honestly feels like 90% of the game was developed under crunch conditions in the last year or two. Nothing feels complete. Everything feels half-assed and rushed. And the police are the least of the issues plaguing this game. The AI system in general is hot garbage. NPC's are painful to interact with, the traffic/NPC driving system is broken, enemy AI is kind of a joke. This game needs to be completely reworked, taken back to the drawing board and started over on many core systems. Because it's just utterly broken.

I had a very similar experience with No Mans Sky when it first came out, endless issues one after the other that left you feeling cheated, deceived and let down. CDPR has pretty much pulled a Hello Games on us but today as it stands, No Mans Sky has been made into a genuinely great game and they're still releasing free updates and DLC which is almost always very very significant. A few of my friends have sworn off Hello Games for good because of how that game was released but in my eyes they've redeemed themselves and I look forward to their future games. I hope CDPR can once again pull a Hello Games on us and make this right.

Agree with everything you say (police magically appearing breaks immersion)

1.) The police are suppose to be very corrupt. We should be able to pay them off for small stuff (maybe add a perk in cool that allows us to smooth talk to haggle down the fine/payoff or add this to existing perk since it's niche)

2.) I love the idea that people recommend a bounty system. These bounty hunters have a chance of dropping gears/cash and maybe an invitation to a 'bounty hunter underworld'. Hell yeah! (you can even create a toggle for people who don't want it enabled).

3.) An implant that allows you to hear the police scanner.

4.) A chain quest involving ride-along with police. The benefit could be 25% reduction in fines or allowing you to purchase police gear.

5.) Make use of those billboards when I'm running from the police! Put my car and/or person up there depending on whether the crime was committed in the car or out.

"Choices and consequences"

Top Bottom