Please Nerf the Nilfgaard - it's way too imbalanced

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
this faction is way disbalanced here are the reasons:
- their units are way too cheap for their abilities, so cheap, some players play 10 (!!!) tactics cards in a starting deck, with no units at all. all they do is just play your units.
- their tactics and some unit cards let them draw and play 3 (!!!) cards sometimes, while you just pull 1 card... that's just ridiculous. you can't beat someone when he plays 3 cards versus your single one...
- some of their 8 provision cards can pull ANY power/provision card from your entire deck and play it... for how cheap their cards are, they will always outplay you because they are pulling your strongest cards, all day long
- with more than 12 tactics cards in their deck, i see them all the time seizing my units with power of 6 with leader abilities... and then restore his leader abilities with 2 other cards, because the restore cards are so cheap... it may even have been 3 times he restored his leader abilities, because of his tactics cards... it's just ridiculous how imbalanced this faction is...
- people who have seen this imbalance are all switching to this Nilfgaard faction because it doesn't take much effort to win, pretty much any opponent from other factions...
- it's literally like every 2 out of 3 opponents i meet are Nilfgaard... guess why? it's just abuse now... and guess what.. i lose like 8 out of 10 matches every time to Nilfgaard... and don't get me wrong, i'm no retard, i have a very strong Monster deck... but it's just no match to the imbalanced Nilfgaard... all they do is Lock, Poison, Lock, Poison, Spawn and Play your strongest Cards, Reuse and reuse their Leader abilities, Seize Units, Tactics, Tactics, Tactics... you just can't do anything to them with any other faction... well, i haven't tried Syndicate faction, but i suspect same will happen to them too.... when i do win, it's because i got lucky, i got a good hand, the opponent got a sh*tty hand, or he just dumbed out and made couple of mistakes and it cost him a game...
Please NERF the Nilfgaard.. i came here because i'm so frustrated with this abuse of that way OP imbalanced faction... PLEASE do something...
i will never give them GG because they are abusing this imbalance!
This is so funny. I been trashing nilfgaard all day today especially seize decks. Lol
Post automatically merged:

Double ball Lockdown is pretty much unbeatable.
It is very beatable I have beaten double ball dozens of times. NR Is the best way to defeat it I have found.

Guest 4398794

NG is frustrating to play against, hidden cache is not that sh1t to play against as NG can be .
disrupts everithing, and if you play a strong deck, they just steal everithing from you and make their own even better.
Its a mess.....
yes skelige has realy OP finisher cards which also should be nerfd verry strongly, but NG just ......aaaaaa i hate it

I just had a guy play Bribery three times against me, pulled Vernossiel twice and topped it off with Isengrim. That deck has 20 freaking units and 5 special cards. G-G. Except I don't gg nilfgaard.

But also, I don't think there's really a way to "fix" nilfgaard. Every archetype nilfgaard ever had was just infuriating to play against. Going back to beta. I have not run into a single ng deck I legit had "fun" playing against. Even when I wipe the floor with them. Spies, reveal, enslave, poison, renew, you name it. Freaking MILL. You gotta be a certain kinda person to play those decks, all I'm saying.

Devs seem to love them, though. Give them all the insane cards. "Destroy a unit with status." Why not "Destroy a unit whose name has letters?" What the hell. 11-point defender. Renew hero power. Move card from graveyard to deck. Steal a card of your choice and put it in your deck. Create the best card from your opponent's deck and play it against him. Copy any of those for even more fun!

I mean, come on. There's no way to fix this. Just deal with them. Tech against them. No gg.
pretty much this. But my solution is that gold cards should not be duplicable. Solves many problems with many deck

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4368268

I think gold removal (especially some that Nilfgaard has access to) is often too strong. Vilgefortz for instance is a card with an alleged downside that often ends being an upside (pulling out a high P card that doesn't get its deploy effect)
Since Muzzle lost the tactic tag though the only tactics I dislike are the RNG 'create' ones. The rest might be tedious/boring to play against, but I wouldn't call them OP. Poison is a problem in and of itself across factions that needs a general rework.

In the current meta though, with Mystic Echo, that Syndicate Hoarding ability, NR with its Falibor, Philippa, Vissegerd nonsense, I'd not call Nilfgaard 'OP' just very inflexible and often frustrating. I feel like engines are overtuned leading to many trying to counter it with removal heavy decks. Said removal heavy decks punish the balanced/healthier decks more so than the actual engine/OP decks though. Making the meta unenjoyable all around.

Nilfgaard currently is just a symptom of the greater disease plaguing the game, the fact that balance is nonexistent. Lots of cards have been a problem for months, others have been unusable for months. People that defend HC will often say 'well the meta is much more diverse now, all factions see play!' that's because so many factions and decks do the exact same thing with the only difference being the card art.

Atm SY Hidden Cache is still imo the only faction that needs a serious nerf. a SERIOUS nerf.

But yes in a way I agree.
I am tired of seeing the SAME couple decks EVERY single game.
NG decks are atm just stupid with incredible amount of poison and lock. (especially when cards with purify is rare)
SY decks.. always hidden cache with the same cards.

The problem with the NG deck is that it makes so many engine decks totally obsolete.
Disagree?
1. Have you seen people play dwarves lately? (if the answer is no. then it should be buffed. It's because it sucks)
2. Have you seen any monster decks (prob no, cause monster decks depend on consuming and very suseptable to tall removal.)
3. Have you seen decks with terbuche and machines? Prob no, because they are just.. locked.

And then there is SY... which is just a stupid amount of everything.

I just want to play against more diverse decks not the same 5-6 decks every game.

I think gold removal (especially some that Nilfgaard has access to) is often too strong. Vilgefortz for instance is a card with an alleged downside that often ends being an upside (pulling out a high P card that doesn't get its deploy effect)
Since Muzzle lost the tactic tag though the only tactics I dislike are the RNG 'create' ones. The rest might be tedious/boring to play against, but I wouldn't call them OP. Poison is a problem in and of itself across factions that needs a general rework.

In the current meta though, with Mystic Echo, that Syndicate Hoarding ability, NR with its Falibor, Philippa, Vissegerd nonsense, I'd not call Nilfgaard 'OP' just very inflexible and often frustrating. I feel like engines are overtuned leading to many trying to counter it with removal heavy decks. Said removal heavy decks punish the balanced/healthier decks more so than the actual engine/OP decks though. Making the meta unenjoyable all around.

Nilfgaard currently is just a symptom of the greater disease plaguing the game, the fact that balance is nonexistent. Lots of cards have been a problem for months, others have been unusable for months. People that defend HC will often say 'well the meta is much more diverse now, all factions see play!' that's because so many factions and decks do the exact same thing with the only difference being the card art.

I totally agree. It's not diverse. I just played about 30 games past few days and I see the same decks over and over again, some two in a row. And it makes sense. Cause with the oversaturation of poison, lock, and in SY's case, of EVERYTHING... most decks don't work and get totally crushed.
When's the last time you saw a dwarf deck (and saw it win)?
They seriously suck at balancing.

I just played 6 games. 4 decks were NG with their poison/lock, and 1 was a hidden cache deck.. with poison, and 1 Uprising Draug. I even went out of the way to add 2 more purify cards just to counter poison.
Here's the problem.
There are not enough units with purify that are good provision per power.
NG poison/lock cards on the other hand synergize too well that often gives +1 boost to other units while at the same time, the poison units only cost 4 provision / 4 power. There are TOO MANY poison/locks... and SYndicate Hidden cache is a whole different level of imbalance.
It's just getting stupid.
I honestly now hate this game.
Devs. WHy aren't you using your brains, listening to your players, and doing something about it?
I'm done with this game now. Gonna go play a game where they actually care about balancing and update the game regularly.

I mean there are SO many cards. But if the same people are using the SAME cards in every single deck.
Maybe, just MAYBE it makes sense to nerf those units so other units gets played more?
Maybe, just MAYBE it makes sense to buff units that are almost never played, (like literally never)?
Of course.. the Devs have to actually PLAY the game to find this out.. which I'm guessing they play about 1 game a month to not see the obvious flaws this game has.

Last edited:
I had an opponent with a NG cheese deck actually win me a game today.

The guy played 8 Viper Witchers and only managed to get one of my good cards, so he thinned out my deck for me. Very nice of him. I enjoyed beating him.

Guest 4398794

I would love some deadeye deck to play. But no chance for that.
Everything is beating that.

I would love some deadeye deck to play. But no chance for that.
Everything is beating that.
Lol, not to take away from the NG thread, but this made me laugh. Dude, the deadeye is my most consistent deck. It's what I play when I actually feel like winning, not messing around. It does well against NG, too, incidentally. Tinker.

Guest 4398794

Lol, not to take away from the NG thread, but this made me laugh. Dude, the deadeye is my most consistent deck. It's what I play when I actually feel like winning, not messing around. It does well against NG, too, incidentally. Tinker.
I guess is good for you.
My last success with them was on early ranks.

rrc

Forum veteran
Draw dependent but ok..
I had been blind when it came to ST units, mostly I will try to convince others that ST units suck (Hattori and Ele'yas my recent pursue and luckily Ele'yas had been reworked to be viable in some decks). But I had never been this blind in the love for a faction I believe. Kind of justifying double Ball saying it is draw dependent is actually funny. What is not draw dependent in Gwent? Unless you are playing hyper-thin NG deck, every deck and every game has draw dependency.
Deadeye ambush is really annoying. I play alot of NG and deadeye ambush is one of the most annoying decks around, really.
Annoying how?

I had been blind when it came to ST units, mostly I will try to convince others that ST units suck (Hattori and Ele'yas my recent pursue and luckily Ele'yas had been reworked to be viable in some decks). But I had never been this blind in the love for a faction I believe. Kind of justifying double Ball saying it is draw dependent is actually funny. What is not draw dependent in Gwent? Unless you are playing hyper-thin NG deck, every deck and every game has draw dependency.

Well, I've played double ball, and I think it's a terrible thing and should not be possible. But my experience tells me it is very draw dependent, despite Matta and with Assire. With Lockdown, you depend even more on double ball than say with Imperial Formation.
If you build a deck dependent on double ball, you're often in trouble if you don't draw hands that allows you to play ball twice, which is quite often. Imperial Formation can perhaps survive that, but how could lockdown possibly..

Anyways, I'm not so good, but I'm having real issues finding lockdown viable in any way. It used to be, it was even my favourite leader, and many variants of Usurper was possible/viable.

This is so funny. I been trashing nilfgaard all day today especially seize decks. Lol

It is very beatable I have beaten double ball dozens of times. NR Is the best way to defeat it I have found.
Double ball with lockdown, if they get the draw, and they usually do, your done.

Well, I've played double ball, and I think it's a terrible thing and should not be possible. But my experience tells me it is very draw dependent, despite Matta and with Assire. With Lockdown, you depend even more on double ball than say with Imperial Formation.
If you build a deck dependent on double ball, you're often in trouble if you don't draw hands that allows you to play ball twice, which is quite often. Imperial Formation can perhaps survive that, but how could lockdown possibly..

Anyways, I'm not so good, but I'm having real issues finding lockdown viable in any way. It used to be, it was even my favourite leader, and many variants of Usurper was possible/viable.
By thinning deck, Adding Spies(Roderick and Joachim) etc, it's not 100% Double ball in all games obviously, but it's very consistent.

Lockdown is really viable, I don't understand how it isn't and how different sites don't mention it as a viable leader, I usually loose against lockdown, but luckily they are not common. The best deck for it is pure disruption, and currently Double ball lockdown, as I already said is most of the time unbeatable, unless your deck can play around it Which is not usually the case while playing ranked.

Last edited:
Double ball in a turn is honestly insanely OP. And that's saying it from someone like me who has a favorable WR vs them.

I don't mind Stefan, double bribery, Damien shenanigans, but double balling in one turn, is imo, not even something that the DEV's even thought of, intended it to be so.

Should double ball be made something more viable/balanced, I think it should have a MUCH higher provision cost, like 16 or 17.

I think this should also pretty much apply to SK's second wind strat.

How do you use Ele'yas? I always liked using him in decks without a scenario. Between him, a Half Elf Hunter, and Vernossiel you can have a mini-scenario in effect and brick their bomb heaver if they have one. Anything else I'm missing with him?

Please stop nilfgaurd from replaying everything and disrupting play. Offer them something else.
Poison is just ridiclous with NG together with damien what were you devs thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom