Please Nerf the Nilfgaard - it's way too imbalanced

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, basically you are saying, since Nilflgaard was ruthless and was very powerful, in Gwent if we play NG we should auto win? :ohstopit: I remember someone creating a thread to the same sentiment; Since Geralt is the hero, he should be boosted to be insanely powerful. It doesn't work like that; otherwise, we will have only one faction or auto-included cards.

Why in the world you want Viper Witchers to have 5 body? Viper Witcher and Tarhareen (or whatever his name is, who looks at top 3 cards and discards one card) are high risk and high reward cards. They are at that low tempo, because with RNG they can simply win the game in turn 1. Any RNG card should have huge downside; if you bring RNG to the game, you should be ready to face the consequences?

Also, you keep saying NG bronzes are weak, repeatedly, again and again. There are a few junk cards (like EVERY SINGLE factions), but otherwise, NG bronzes are actually very strong. What are the bronzes you keep referring to? For every single weak bronze you meantion, we can give an equally weak bronze from every faction. All factions have strong and weak bronzes. So, please stop saying the same thing over and over again. It doesn't make it a fact.

I am against poison, but it is in general. NG is very powerful and dominant and has a lot of tricks up their sleeves. It is their identity to use the opponent's strength against themselves and they are the faction with the MOST BLOODY RNG in the entire game, but that is their thing. I am not going to ask for a nerf to NG (after the Elder Bear change, I am fine with NG), but saying NG is weak and needs a buff seems to be just trolling.

So, how do you rank factions based on their whole bronze collection? In my assesment, NG is not near the top.

In regards to Geralt, that was mostly due to frustration with too many Geralt like cards in the game and the defender situation being as it is and tech cards in general making the game so binary. (really bad win/lose conditions pellar/heaver scenario/defender).

Where did you read NG should be auto-win? I said NG should be ruthless and that this character of the faction should be further refined.

Guest 4398794

How does this topic exist 😂

Syndicate has been on top since it came out, always the top Meta decks, Scoia is right after that has been for what seems like forever now. Now Northern Realms has big meta decks.

Nilfgaard is so easy to stop now you have to be asleep to not stop it and not know exactly what is coming ...as stated above, Monsters is the repeating card Ho of the meta.

what I do believe is that all factions need to have these repeating capabilities, and exploding infinite engines capped. The simple use of doomed on return cards and limiting charges and recharges would make this game more than it is now.

what it is now is a game where 80 percent of the cards are never used because the big plays are so dominate. So we all play the same damn decks until we are too bored to play at all.

If they would level these cards, and allow for a game where deck invention was actually a thing, that would be fun. Instead it’s a game of Zombies playing the same decks and people complaining about a deck some Zombie played on them that is all over the place.

please fix this while there is still time, but don’t nerf NG because some dude ain’t figured out how to remove a 5 power card or to change its row😂
Lol. You don't understand...
It's about Poison/lock/steal spam.
You don't stop that.

Guest 4398794

Yeah, don't hold your breath. NG's been the same since beta :D
I guess they don't know that frustration drives players away...
If I face NG I skip it all together. If I have 3-4times in a row to skip NG, i just quit for the day. And some days i don't even play because of NG bs teams.

Maybe they should add a cancel option for one faction in the matchmaking.
You know, i don't want to face NG decks so i can cancel out from searching them for me.

Lol. You don't understand...
It's about Poison/lock/steal spam.
You don't stop that.

Yes, its always mobilization, they dont have to wait, so their card always use their power (except for Damien, which sometimes THEY DEPLOY 2 DAMIENS IN THE SAME ROUND AND IN SEQUENCE), ridiculous...

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

I used to suck really really bad at GWENT when starting out and playing only monster deck, losing almost all the time but now that I use NILFGAARD I rarely lose any game and losing mostly only against another NILFGAARD. I began to wonder why does CDPR create these other factions?? they're all deck for losers and look very 1 dimensional and boring and most people playing NILFGAARD anyways. Scotia'tell is totally useless, I beat them 9/10 times. I also spend way less money now that all I have is NILFGAARD and neutral cards, I mean why pick the other crappy factions that can't do anything? Every season NILFGAARD always on top. Man, NILFGAARD assimilation on this season and also last season were OP, probably next too. You can also have multiple combo like playing soldiers and all. I'm buying all the NILFGAARD cards, I think I'm still missing 1 card for NILFGAARD faction. now I just play NILFGAARD for fun and play other online cards game since my NILFGAARD card is so OP .
I think CDPR should put notice or pin in forum for beginner to pick NILFGAARD instead of monster.
I'm fine the way it is though, just curious as to why they created all these factions? What is your opinion on this?
Post automatically merged:

No, don't nerf NILFGAARD please. it's fine as it is.
What can I say? You seem real amped up about this, but in reality other than spamming poison NG is in a pretty shitty position right now. Yeah, I think assimilate is designed wrong and I dislike 'create' cards (especially building an archetype around them) but to suggest Nilfgaard is stronger than ST, Skellige and especially Syndicate is strange to say the least.
Mystic Echo-harmony, ursine ritual-lippy, hidden cache all blow out NG out of the water. As does NR's Vissegerd boost nonsense atm. The only real clear favourable matchup for NG is Monsters in my opinion.
As I've said before, NG is irritating/boring to play against and I as a NG player would like to see something done about it, but in terms of producing points NG is not even close to the top.

Perhaps re read what I said. NG need balancing not nerfing.

Unfortunately I don't think they did NG correctly in this game.

In lore, Nilfgaard is a conquering empire not hiding behind witchers to "banish" things.

Spies, yes but not pathetic units that do nothing (except lock etc in game).

They should be engaging in battle not small point explotative game mechanics.

There's control and there's complete disruption of play without defence leading to annoyance and toxic "play"
I agree with this. Nilfgaard is an empire that on the one hand exercises 'control' (spies, subversion) but it's also a 'proactive' empire in terms of manpower/its legions. Nilfgaard is way too one dimensional in Gwent. You'd think with all the control options/poison Nilfgaardians only ever fight as partisans in occupied territory. Even the despised alchemy Nilfgaard did a better job balancing the controlling viper witchers with the proactive mahakam ale/swallows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the "missing element" to Nilfgaard is a kind of juggernaut battle "army/navy". By that I don't mean to make NG overpowered, but give them a sense that they have the dominating presence on a regular battlefield.

I think this is probably best done by improving the soldiers of NG and that whole type. But NG is a resourceful and ruthless empire as well, and I think that part of NG has been done right, but could do with some further refinement and at a lesser cost (of falling behind).

Spies, I think this should be important, but I don't like how this works as the moment. Some is ok, but this type is kind of dull currently. Probably Fangs of the Empire should be spies too in some way.

Please stop nilfgaurd from replaying everything and disrupting play. Offer them something else.
Poison is just ridiclous with NG together with damien what were you devs thinking!
yeah, that's my point, NG deck has so many option with cheap cards of such abilities. not to mention poison cards are almost free for what they can accomplish. i don't even mention treason (7 provision), this card can alone make you win the game.

I used to suck really really bad at GWENT when starting out and playing only monster deck, losing almost all the time but now that I use NILFGAARD I rarely lose any game and losing mostly only against another NILFGAARD. I began to wonder why does CDPR create these other factions?? they're all deck for losers and look very 1 dimensional and boring and most people playing NILFGAARD anyways. Scotia'tell is totally useless, I beat them 9/10 times. I also spend way less money now that all I have is NILFGAARD and neutral cards, I mean why pick the other crappy factions that can't do anything? Every season NILFGAARD always on top. Man, NILFGAARD assimilation on this season and also last season were OP, probably next too. You can also have multiple combo like playing soldiers and all. I'm buying all the NILFGAARD cards, I think I'm still missing 1 card for NILFGAARD faction. now I just play NILFGAARD for fun and play other online cards game since my NILFGAARD card is so OP .
I think CDPR should put notice or pin in forum for beginner to pick NILFGAARD instead of monster.
I'm fine the way it is though, just curious as to why they created all these factions? What is your opinion on this?

No, don't nerf NILFGAARD please. it's fine as it is.
Wow...I just had 7 cards removed from my deck in 1 round. How fucking rediculous is that #NG. Such BS.

I guess they don't know that frustration drives players away...
If I face NG I skip it all together. If I have 3-4times in a row to skip NG, i just quit for the day. And some days i don't even play because of NG bs teams.

Maybe they should add a cancel option for one faction in the matchmaking.
You know, i don't want to face NG decks so i can cancel out from searching them for me.
Yeah I agree....I play alot less since I started face the same NG decks. Just steal an ban then repeat round after round. Moral killer.

I think the "missing element" to Nilfgaard is a kind of juggernaut battle "army/navy". By that I don't mean to make NG overpowered, but give them a sense that they have the dominating presence on a regular battlefield.

I think this is probably best done by improving the soldiers of NG and that whole type. But NG is a resourceful and ruthless empire as well, and I think that part of NG has been done right, but could do with some further refinement and at a lesser cost (of falling behind).

Spies, I think this should be important, but I don't like how this works as the moment. Some is ok, but this type is kind of dull currently. Probably Fangs of the Empire should be spies too in some way.

Improving the soldier archetype would go a long way for sure.

I think Nilfgaards issues are quantity and not quality.

Masquerade Ball x2, should not be possible.
Stefan x1, fine. Multiple Stefan no.
Damien, no. Imagine a unit that allowed for another second wind or hidden cache.
Letho Kingslayer, fine as long as Damien and Stefan cant be targeted.

Bribery, a card that has a bad reputation but, doesn't live upto its name. Bribes are mutually beneficial, if I give money to someone to get a product before release. I have gained the product and they have gained the money. As the NG player, you get any one of my cards, mostly a nice one and I get nothing.
Let me have one of your bronzes and you can have one of mine, gold or bronze.
That is bribery, that is mutually beneficial.
This would also take the sting out of Stefan playing a second Bribery.

Before the NG players put something in my drink or an admin locks my account.Let me say 3 things:
1. I play Skellige and consider the following to be OP. Cerys, Second Wind, Greatsword x2, Sigdrifas rite, Gedynieth.
2. I have had some great games won and lost against NG. In a game recently I played NG. I played bombheaver to get through a dry pass R2 because my hand was nice. The NG player had final say and was winning round 3, the final card was Masquerade Ball.
I ask all of you, not just NG. Would you hold back on such a big play knowing your opponent couldn't do anything to stop it?
The next day I played NG, they ran Imposter as leader, collar as their Stratagem and Doregray for an extra lock. I felt like a spectator instead of a participant.
2 losses to NG, 2 very different feelings at the end of those matches.
3. I didn't originally plan for this to be so long!

I think Nilfgaards issues are quantity and not quality.

Masquerade Ball x2, should not be possible.
Stefan x1, fine. Multiple Stefan no.
Damien, no. Imagine a unit that allowed for another second wind or hidden cache.
Letho Kingslayer, fine as long as Damien and Stefan cant be targeted.

Bribery, a card that has a bad reputation but, doesn't live upto its name. Bribes are mutually beneficial, if I give money to someone to get a product before release. I have gained the product and they have gained the money. As the NG player, you get any one of my cards, mostly a nice one and I get nothing.
Let me have one of your bronzes and you can have one of mine, gold or bronze.
That is bribery, that is mutually beneficial.
This would also take the sting out of Stefan playing a second Bribery.

Before the NG players put something in my drink or an admin locks my account.Let me say 3 things:
1. I play Skellige and consider the following to be OP. Cerys, Second Wind, Greatsword x2, Sigdrifas rite, Gedynieth.
2. I have had some great games won and lost against NG. In a game recently I played NG. I played bombheaver to get through a dry pass R2 because my hand was nice. The NG player had final say and was winning round 3, the final card was Masquerade Ball.
I ask all of you, not just NG. Would you hold back on such a big play knowing your opponent couldn't do anything to stop it?
The next day I played NG, they ran Imposter as leader, collar as their Stratagem and Doregray for an extra lock. I felt like a spectator instead of a participant.
2 losses to NG, 2 very different feelings at the end of those matches.
3. I didn't originally plan for this to be so long!
It's annoying when a baby cries, imagine when there's many babies crying, how annoying I'd that, but are the developers listening to us ? NG is overkill.

there you go, for those who say NG is not OP
then why is it so popular?

You are around rank 7 (you can hidde your profile but we can see the opps ones :beer: )

There is no way such quanty o loses are fault of the "game" specially with ST, you should have a benefical matchup aganst NG. A lot of 0:2 matches...to much. You're losing even playing SY.

If your problem is exclusively NG play elves, evade large units and you will nullify most of the NG decks.

I'm not saying that there aren't a lot of bad things done in NG, but your "proof" only shows that you don't understand how to play against those decks.

Even in a meta where all the factions were identical NG would be popular, they are the "bad guys" and too many people like that (And not only in Gwent, LoR is doing his entire launch campaign with a character who was always a villain of a conquering empire, which they now portray more as a kind of liberator).

Additionally, it is the control-oriented faction and since the game came out of beta it is almost mandatory to use control to a certain degree, some engines, typically the NR ones are very powerful.

The worst of NG at the moment is the poison, but that is not a problem of the faction, the poison mechanics are poorly designed and it is equally strong in the 3 factions that use it, in addition to being very simple, ST poisons at the same time as leaves a unity with harmony for example.

These cards should cost more and have only 1 of power, but no, they cost 4, 5p and have 4, 5 power.

Perhaps, but fangs of the empire should obviously be a spy card in some way.

Problem is scenario, not poison, I think.

The devs actually have somthing to react on this NG frustration avalanche?
Maybe a "we work in a solution to not fuck up all of your minds"
Or something....

Yeah, stop playing NR!

Guest 4398794

this kinds of things drives me crazy.
And this is not even so bad, but the game was over there.
Gwent  The Witcher Card Game Screenshot 2020.05.03 - 20.31.22.60.jpg

so stupidly disgusting, I can't even express it in known words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom