Please remove as much NPC's and Cars as possible

+

Should we have less citizen NPC's and Cars on console?

• yes

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • no

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
I get that having a game world feel alive is important and a big part of what gives the city it's feel. But please until this game is optimized better on console I want my streets as barren as possible. Just leave the gangs and side gigs / jobs. I feel this game would perform better if it had as little NPC and Cars as possible. Those 2D car sprites are embarrassing, and NPC's disappear and a new one loads in before our eyes. The streaming of the game world IMO is what causes so much bugs and crashes.

I think I can say that we know we don't have top end systems on PS4 and PS4PRO and the PS5 still crashes a lot. When I want to simulate a city I will build a PC, for now just take away like 90% of NPC's and CARS and ALL the 2D sprite shit. This way I can play the game without clearing my cache once a day, and restarting every HR just for marginal performance boosts. I even have this on an SSD.

Until the devs can make this run better just please delete the NPC's by as big a margin as you want, give us the OPTION to have none. Like I don't care let me enjoy the story with less bugs, and no crashes. All my problems revolve around too many cars and NPC's , most of my crashes are at kabuki market area or just that busy section. I really deleted this game until patches. The first time I have ever done that in 20+ years of gaming. I had 60HRS the game is fantastic and I love the idea and story I have played , I just can't play or enjoy the story with so much annoying things piling on each other. I literally didn't even do the parade float mission cause I have been dicking around in Photomode and just exploring. Now that I want to do the story tho, my eyes are open to all these little bugs that permeate every aspect on top of crashes and horrendous Frames.

The least yall could do is strip the NPC's and cars from this game so we can play the story as problem free as possible.
That is all thanks for reading! lol peace
I don't want a refund I want this to be a stable game experience. And despite management of this game I support CDPR devs till death, even if my opinion of the whole company has soured a little, I could never blame the devs you can see the heart in the game.

Edit:
Downgrade the ads all over the city, they are cool and amazing artwork, but I wan't to run this game.

Last edited:
They'll have to dumb down the game considerably to get it working on Consoles.

I don't know what they'll have to do to get a working version on older hardware.

They'll have to dumb down the game considerably to get it working on Consoles.

I don't know what they'll have to do to get a working version on older hardware.
On PS4PRO I am happy with the graphics, it is strictly performance that sucks, and if clearing my cache and power cycling my system helps, I feel it is tied to the streaming of the world and what the game is trying to remember/simulate in the background. The ads are great but maybe downgrade them too since they are all over.

I think you need to place specifics around the request. As a ps5 owner I had no issue with graphics/slowdowns etc... and the npcs, ads, and traffic made me feel like I was playing in a live city. I think reducing them greatly will result in the feeling of playing in a ghost town.. it will impact immersion. I would rather see it become a performance option that players can select if they so choose, rather than an across the board change...

I my opinion, if you have to downgrade a game for it to run on consoles it has no business being on consoles. Console games should be made for consoles and stay there, same for pc. Consoles and pc will never be equal and Developers should just stop porting games from one to the other(Greed is OP). It is almost never the same experience on both and the majority of game ports are just plan terrible anyway especially console to pc ports.

I already barely have any to begin with. Night City isn't meant to be a ghost town, but it ALREADY feels that way.
This. I swear the crowd density slider does jack shit and there is virtually no traffic on the road ways except in key spots of the city. Kinda think this stuff was already temporarily disabled or toned way way back already for and because of the consoles.

This. I swear the crowd density slider does jack shit and there is virtually no traffic on the road ways except in key spots of the city. Kinda think this stuff was already temporarily disabled or toned way way back already for and because of the consoles.
I do notice that the highest setting spawns bigger crowds. But that's just it. They spawn.
There is no feeling of a natural crowd anywhere in NC. I don't believe the people I see are actually going anywhere - have a purpose. And I'm not saying they need to have an AI that can individually guide each NPC from an apartment through a daily routine and back, although that would be incredible.
First we need a rudimentary system for police, NPCs and cars. Traffic should have vast differences in density depending on time and place. NPCs need to have more reactions to conflict than just: Cowering, running or straight up despawning.
Police? Police AI needs to stop spawning on the player, but still be capable of chasing you for more than 200 meters, even if you do a driveby. Again, police responses should vary depending on location (E.g. close to no response for the Badlands & Pacifica, instant Maxtac for City Center).

I can only hope whoever forced the devs to rush towards release and leave most of their systems at 75% completion feels terrible for the next few years, until this game is fixed properly and fully realised.

I think you need to place specifics around the request. As a ps5 owner I had no issue with graphics/slowdowns etc... and the npcs, ads, and traffic made me feel like I was playing in a live city. I think reducing them greatly will result in the feeling of playing in a ghost town.. it will impact immersion. I would rather see it become a performance option that players can select if they so choose, rather than an across the board change...
that is my whole point for performance , obv not on pc, this is a playstation technical forum
Post automatically merged:

That's a terrible idea, you might as well not play the game. Also I don't believe that would make a difference because the draw distance and level of detail is already awful, and the only NPCs you see are the ones who spawned in front of you five seconds ago, I don't believe there are any outside your field of view or around the corner doing their basic routines, let alone in the rest of the city.
Did you not see the 2d sprite cars? Why wouldn't some weird shit be happening with npcs too? obv this is just for console cause this is a playstation technical forum

I my opinion, if you have to downgrade a game for it to run on consoles it has no business being on consoles. Console games should be made for consoles and stay there, same for pc. Consoles and pc will never be equal and Developers should just stop porting games from one to the other(Greed is OP). It is almost never the same experience on both and the majority of game ports are just plan terrible anyway especially console to pc ports.

I am building a PC for work/gaming but this is for the playstation technical forum, and until that gets built whenever I can buy a 3070 for retail. I would rather be able to play the game than have NPC what do they do for you other than an imaginary "oooh city alive"

That's a terrible idea, you might as well not play the game. Also I don't believe that would make a difference because the draw distance and level of detail is already awful, and the only NPCs you see are the ones who spawned in front of you five seconds ago, I don't believe there are any outside your field of view or around the corner doing their basic routines, let alone in the rest of the city.
I don't need an imaginary "Ohhh city so alive" simulator fuk the NPCS I wanna drive with no frame dips and world loading, when I get a PC then I will play with all turned up (whenever I can get a 3070 for retail)

The crowds and cars on my ps4pro are good enough. I don't know what you're talking about.

The crowds and cars on my ps4pro are good enough. I don't know what you're talking about.
I am saying they should tone them down to help performance, until they can optimize better. The game is processing too much, so lets start with less NPC's and less cars, is my suggestion. Until they can stabalize the game through some meaty patches. I would rather have NO NPC's and be able to play the story, half of these crazy dumb visual bugs has to be cause game is tryna compute 100's of different npcs and cars loading

They will have to make two very different versions of the game from now on, unfortunately. One for the current generation consoles and another one for PC (and next generation consoles). It's basically two different games they will have to keep up, different updates, different DLC release dates and all.

Those 2d sprite cars are just a stand-in animation to give the illusion of traffic, not real NPCs driving cars, in fact there are never that many cars on the road once you get close.

Then I suggest you play Project Cars instead, because the city feeling alive was the main selling point of Cyberpunk 2077, although it failed to deliver on that promise.
I don't play it for the driving, but there are fast cars in the game, I would like to drive them at max speed. It may be true that the 2d sprites go away and don't have npcs, but it is evidence of rushed weird shortcut development, never seen that in a game. If the game didn't run like shit I would love to have as many cars and NPCS

They will have to make two very different versions of the game from now on, unfortunately. One for the current generation consoles and another one for PC (and next generation consoles). It's basically two different games they will have to keep up, different updates, different DLC release dates and all.
Yea I guess so

Min requirements PC works just fine. It's really the last Gen consoles that are forcing compromises in the code.

The code needs to fork. Leave PCs be, as that base is working a lot better than last Gen consoles. Make an ROI or P&L decision on last Gen consoles.

Top Bottom